Bayley To RCI/Lutoff-Perlo to Celebrity

Cruising89143

Yes I hope so too. I had an issue last month with a last minute cancellation and had to contact them for the first time in my years of cruising. Was I ever impressed with them when I got a response within the first 24 hours.:)

We also hope the communication continues with the head guy/lady. I hope Lisa will address first thing, the different answers for the same question from Celebrity's Customer Service. One call, one correct answer! What a wonderful thought.

Yes I hope so too. I had an issue last month with a last minute cancellation and had to contact them for the first time in my years of cruising. Was I ever impressed with them when I got a response within the first 24 hours.:)

We also hope the communication continues with the head guy/lady. I hope Lisa will address first thing, the different answers for the same question from Celebrity's Customer Service. One call, one correct answer! What a wonderful thought.

I think this is good news!

Mr Bailey can take his loud music and the Miami DJs to Royal, where they are a good fit, and the new Celebrity CEO can work to restore the classiness of modern luxury to Celebrity.

And also, at last, fix the website :rolleyes:

I think this is good news!

Mr Bailey can take his loud music and the Miami DJs to Royal, where they are a good fit, and the new Celebrity CEO can work to restore the classiness of modern luxury to Celebrity.

And also, at last, fix the website :rolleyes:

Couldn't have said it better, myself! :p

I think some are setting themselves up for disappointment. Changes have been made to increase the bottom line. People want to point the finger at Bayley for all of the changes. He is not making those decisions alone. Don't look for flowers and mints to make a return. RCI removed mints about five years ago and they have not made a comeback and as long as Adam G is running the show for RCCL, they won't return.

I suggest reading this article to see where RCCL's vision is for their 2017 Double-Double goal. I expect more changes that some will see as cuts. Of course RCCL will view it differently.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/biz-monday/article4324827.html

Change is good even if to only change the gills. Looking forward to what is to come. Either I'm on board or I'm not. It comes down to my choice. I am in control of my destiny as the guest.

Very to the point. And this my friends is the bottom line. Anything thing else is just fun on the boards here on Cruise Critic.

Very to the point. And this my friends is the bottom line. Anything thing else is just fun on the boards here on Cruise Critic.

From my perspective, Bayley focused on the bottom line, defined a suite class and has focused entirely on that aspect of Celebrity Operations. The part he missed is that while suite customers have received "more", those in aqua and below have only seen "take aways". The cost of reintroducing chocolates or flowers is minimal if it's perceived as "hey, everyone is important...not just the suite guests".

Net...I'm hoping for a more balanced approach to reaching the bottom line goal. I'm looking forward to thinking that celebrity values my continued business as a concierge/aqua passenger and I look forward to at least thinking that I'm almost as important to Celebrity as their suite guests.....One key to marketing I learned very quickly...everyone is important.

Adam Goldstein was promoted to COO of the parent company on April 7, 2014. As such, Fain and Goldstein have been looking for a CEO for RCI for quite some time. Most of us knew that they were inclined to fill the position internally, so moving Bayley to take over Goldstein's position is consistent with our expectations. Lisa lutoff-Perlo replacing Bayley as CEO for Celebrity was less expected by us but nonetheless, we see it as a reasonably logical development.

http://www.******************.com/2014/04/07/royal-caribbean-promotes-adam-goldstein-begins-looking-new-ceo

<<Royal Caribbean Ltd, the parent company to Royal Caribbean International, promoted Adam Goldstein from CEO of Royal Caribbean International to a newly created position president and chief operating officer of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., effective immediately.

As a result, Royal Caribbean is now searching for a new CEO of Royal Caribbean International.>>

One key to marketing I learned very quickly...everyone is important.

Very true. Which IMHO, which wont get ya nuttin no where, is why they finally started focusing more on the Suite level guest.

On Reflection now, Arno & his wife are on deck 7. On the Equinox with us last month, Rick & his wife were on deck 6. All Zenith level in CC. And I venture to think more of the staff and Officers know them by name than most of those in any of the suites. Yes they have learned everyone is important, especially thoes in a suite.

As a rookie Celebrity cruiser, I was very impressed with the response I received from him (or his office staff) following the disembarkation fiasco of Celebrity Eclipse at Pier 25 in Port Everglades. Quite empathetic and understanding/agreeing with my observations, I thought. Yet, nothing has changed in two years at that location. Makes me wonder....? How guest friendly is he?

I hope the new person will be very guest oriented.

Edited by rkacruiser

Don't count on that. We are on the Connie and just walked through the Martini Bar. The music is very loud and people are having a blast drinking and dancing to very loud music and those at Al Bacio, a deck above, have joined right in. My guess is Celebrity makes tons of money from the Martini Bar, they certainly are on this cruise.

Edited by Oville

Couldn't have said it better, myself! :p

Suzanne, the RCI website isn't much better than the X one, it's equally frustrating, trust me I know. Not sure someone changing lines is necessarily the easy fix.

Also, I think the Martini Bar is a cash cow for Celebrity so we'll have to see what happens.

K

Edited by Oville

• 1 month later...
I add my congratulations also to Mr Bayley and Ms. Lutoff-Perlo on their promotions. Maybe Ms Lutoff-Perlo will bring back the chocolates on the pillow since women like chocolate!:D:D

Wow.. and indeed she DID bring back the chocolates. Good Guess!!:p