Tip in speciality restaurants

jzad

Good evening! We are sailing on Reflection in January and I have already booked dinner in the Lawn Grill and paid on line. Do we just use cash to tip on board? I had also read about trips to the naughty room if you bring a power bar??

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good evening! We are sailing on Reflection in January and I have already booked dinner in the Lawn Grill and paid on line. Do we just use cash to tip on board? I had also read about trips to the naughty room if you bring a power bar??

Thank you!

You can use cash or you can request a tip receipt. They will bring you a zero receipt, you fill in tip, add total sign and give back. Hope this helps. Sorry have never heard about the naughty room for power bar eaters:confused: Have a great cruise:D

Whether or not you choose to tip extra in a specialty restaurant is up to you. I usually do but my understanding is that the staff are already included in the pool of tips. When tipping extra at a specialty restaurant I usually do it with cash but again, that is a personal preference and can be added to your bill.

As far as the power bar, yes they are not allowed. You'll only get an invite to the naughty room if they catch you however :p

I hope I haven't missed something.

We have dined in specialty restaurants and also had the Ultimate dining package, my understanding was between our prepaid gratuities and the cost of the dinner, that my gratuities were included.

Should I have been tipping after each visit to a specialty restaurant. I hope I haven't been rude.

Sorry! 2 separate questions...it's been a long day :).

1. The tip, and now I see it's included in the price.

2. Can I bring a power bar on board.

Thanks again!

The cover charge you paid for the specialty restaurants includes gratuities.

It is common to leave an extra gratuity if you feel the service merits it. But if you do not tip extra you can take comfort that you are not stiffing the staff as they've been taken care of.

You can charge any extra tips to your seapass card or leave them in cash. Even if you prepaid they'll usually still give you a bill showing the advance payment and any beverage charges you incur that night with space to add an additional tip. If for some reason they don't automatically do this then on request they'll print you a zero charge bill for you with a line for additional tips.

Edited by Lsimon

It is common to leave an extra gratuity if you feel the service merits it. But if you do not tip extra you can take comfort that you are not stiffing the staff as they've been taken care of.

You can charge any extra tips to your seapass card or leave them in cash. Even if you prepaid they'll usually still give you a bill showing the advance payment and any beverage charges you incur that night with space to add an additional tip. If for some reason they don't automatically do this then on request they'll print you a zero charge bill for you with a line for additional tips.

Thank you!

What LSIMON said...

What you pay for the Specialty Restaurant includes tip.

If you want to Extra Tip, it is best to ask for a Chit to sign. Tips (including extra tips) are pooled in the Specialty Restaurants amongst ALL who serve you. So the easiest is just to leave something on the Chit... Or on the table, knowing that the amount left IS NOT going to go to just THE ONE person who served you.

Cheers!

When OP says 'power bar' they are referring to the electrical surge protector. 'No' is what Celebrity says...but not all are caught when put in checked luggage. Why not just bring a 3 way plug (a heavy duty one)...smaller and probably undetectable going through security.

• 4 weeks later...
I hope I haven't missed something.

We have dined in specialty restaurants and also had the Ultimate dining package, my understanding was between our prepaid gratuities and the cost of the dinner, that my gratuities were included.

Should I have been tipping after each visit to a specialty restaurant. I hope I haven't been rude.

I'm pretty sure the "charge" includes the tip(check with guest relations for sure)If service was truly outstanding, I guess you could tip extra.