New survey from HAL

1ANGELCAT

Just received a new survey about travel protection insurance. It explained the different plans HAL offers and asked what reasons were important to you for purchasing and what could be improved. Anyone else.?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cancel for any reason with 90% CASH back is a huge benefit to their cancellation protection. I REALLY hope they don't change that.

Yes, I agree. I hope they don't go the princess route where it's near impossible to get money back. You get a cruise credit.

I got one and was suspicious so did not click the link.

First off, it said I had cruised recently. I don't consider last March recent.

And I have never purchased their insurance.

They also called me a "valued Mariner" and did not address me by name.

And then there is the matter of the poor grammar ...

I got the survey as well and just took it, what I find interesting it made it sound like I recently took a HAL cruise but my last HAL cruise was almost a year ago when we did our New Years cruise on the Veendam. Although I do have a cruise booked for May so it is almost 5 months away :)

HAL does not sell travel insurance. They sell cancellation insurance.

Their best plan includes only $10,000 medical. It could cost that much for a simple

arm fracture to be put in a cast.

Their cancellation is fine but anyone who does not have other medical insurance that will pay outside their home country would do well to consider what would happen if they got sick or had an accident.

Their best plan includes only $10,000 medical. It could cost that much for a simple

Their cancellation is fine but anyone who does not have other medical insurance that will pay outside their home country would do well to consider what would happen if they got sick or had an accident.

And that is exactly what I told them in the survey, it asked what my last insurance was and I basically stated I did not purchase HAL's because of the medical coverage.

Yes, of course. You'd have to be very naive to think that is going to do the trick for medical insurance. I like the hal insurance because it's cancel for any reason. My life always seems to be in a state of flux so I need this type of insurance. For those that are willing to self insure or have a stable life it wouldn't be necessary.

Just received a new survey about travel protection insurance. It explained the different plans HAL offers and asked what reasons were important to you for purchasing and what could be improved. Anyone else.?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We received the survey yesterday. Interesting concept mentioned of getting more (%) back if you took it in credits instead of cash - I liked that idea.

DaveOKC

We always took HALs insurance when we were younger and didn't worry about the medical side of things. But now, since we are old enough to be forced by the federal govt to have Medicare, we don't get HAL insurance anymore. Medicare doesn't cover outside of the U.S. so we can't take HAL. In addition, friends of ours were on a Celebrity cruise and had to be evacuated back to the U.S. They thought their ins coverage through their credit card company would pay. It did, but just like HAL, only $50K, and from the end of South America, it cost them much more, and the medical care they got in the local hospital for the four days before he could be evacuated, while excellent care, was too costly to even mention. Thus, we went to our usual insurance carrier (USAA) and got complete coverage up to $150k evacuation and $100k medical. Hopefully we will never need it, but I am glad we got the survey so we could explain why no more HAL for us

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

over $100,000 since turning 65. I buy my travel insurance thru my TA with Travel Guard and have collected several ties due to cancellation at the last minute and medical reimbursment for treatment on board. Since I don't watch Fox news I don't believe every government program is the work of the devil.

Edited by OTOW guy

Yes, of course. You'd have to be very naive to think that is going to do the trick for medical insurance. I like the hal insurance because it's cancel for any reason. My life always seems to be in a state of flux so I need this type of insurance. For those that are willing to self insure or have a stable life it wouldn't be necessary.

I was pointing out the medical coverage low limit more to alert people who may not have realized. Some of us get busy and don't take the time to fully understand what insurance we are buying and I suspect there are at least a few people out there who think they bought HAL 'insurance' so they are all set. If one person read that post and said Oops, it was worth it. :)