Wang Wang (or something similar) no longer allowed?

Avril

You probably mean the Weng Weng cocktail:

http://www.drinkswap.com/weng-weng.htm

This drink appears to have a single purpose and that is to get someone drunk quickly. Not really what I want to see happening on my next cruise.

Not sure you would think that this would taste great. It would be more like mixing the contents of my refrigerator together and calling it dinner.

igraf

On reading the contents of the drink, I would say, no thank you. At 75 I am long past the stage where I would want to make a fool of myself.

Thanks for telling us how it's made. It's not the 2 oz thing but OMG what a combination! :p

LuLu

I had ONE in the ocean bar a few years ago and giggled myself silly as I was walking out. I still remember giggling walking down the hall. Never had one since. I don't think the bartender measured very well:D

I had ONE in the ocean bar a few years ago and giggled myself silly as I was walking out. I still remember giggling walking down the hall. Never had one since. I don't think the bartender measured very well:D

I'm with you!

However, the next day was no laughing matter. ;)

• 1 year later...
This thread is kinda old- any recent update? Are Wang Wangs still served on HAL--are they included in Signature Beverage Package, but just not on the menus? Just curious???

Still available in most bars as of last February and was included in the Explore 4 drinks package.

1/4 oz Vodka

1/4 oz Gin

1/4 oz White Rum

1/4 oz Scotch

1/4 oz Bourbon

1/4 oz Tequila

1/4 Triple Sec

1/4 oz Brandy

Topped off with Pineapple, Orange Juice and a splash of Grenadine

In the Navy in the Philippines we called that MoJo. It came in a pitcher. Buy two and get the third one free. (If you could) :p

This thread is kinda old- any recent update? Are Wang Wangs still served on HAL--are they included in Signature Beverage Package, but just not on the menus? Just curious???

On Westerdam (Feb. 2015) they would not serve Wang Wangs, but this year on Eurodam there was no problem asking for one.

Just off the Noordam (February 2016) and while you had to ask, all the bars would pour them. (And yes they did qualify for the drink program! :D )

And yes they were REALLY potent!

I was introduced to the wang wang on my oct.2015 cruise. Bartender told me it's named after the sound an ambulance makes in the Philippines. Drink too many & they have to be called! Lol

I am also a Long Island ice tea girl, 2 I could handle 3..... Had to go to bed lol! They kinda sneak up on you! Lol

Very tasty!