Always being asked to sign in again

solocanadian

I went in (Chrome on Windows 7) and deleted all the cookies (and their were a bunch of them) associated with the cruise critic website. That was this morning. Before this I had to log on every time I restarted Chrome and went to the website. After I deleted the cruise critic cookies I logged on one time and have not had to log on since. Might me just a coincidence. If the log on issue returns I'll let you know.

Here is how you do it on Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en

Click the Chrome menu Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.

Select Settings.

Click Show advanced settings.

In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.

In the "Cookies" section, you can change the following cookies settings:

Delete cookies

Click All cookies and site data to open the Cookies and site data dialog.

To delete a specific cookie, hover over the site that issued the cookie with your mouse, then click the X that appears on the right corner.

Edited by clueless2

To Host Walt - you certainly have a great sense of humor. I LOL when I read about the top secret computer term, furschlugginer!!!!!!!

In the meantime, those of you who have been members of Cruise Critic for more than ten years may recall those fun times we had when the board data base went furschlugginer (a top secret computer term) and we all were unable to access the boards for hours/days at a time. Compared to then, this is a relatively small but annoying issue.:)

Just so we're all on the same page, I'm having various problems as well, such as using the quote feature, linking threads, etc.

The problems have existed for the last 3 or 4 days and can be generally categorized as "intermittent;" the word most despised by anyone in the help desk function or in auto mechanics.

Intermittent problems (oops, I meant "issues;" MicroSoft has internally outlawed the "P word" - bad PR) never appear when the IT pro investigates the issue, just like the check engine light switches off when a car arrives at the auto repair shop.

I can't add to Kat's reply to USN 59-79 except to say the issue has been reported multiple times and, to the best of my knowledge, is getting full attention.

In the meantime, those of you who have been members of Cruise Critic for more than ten years may recall those fun times we had when the board data base went furschlugginer (a top secret computer term) and we all were unable to access the boards for hours/days at a time. Compared to then, this is a relatively small but annoying issue.

Patience is a virtue, they say. This "issue" too will soon pass.

Oh I remember those days. Hundreds of HAL threads were completely lost.

Aggravating here as well. I'm on my Macbook Pro laptop and have to sign in anytime I close out the Internet. I went on my PC at school (where I do not usually access CC) and same thing - sign in, etc. Did that and exited Internet. Went back and had to sign in again. Saw on the Princess board that there comments about this problem as well. Hope it gets solved soon!

Karen

If this is happening to more people, then the board software is recaching itself and the users ISP is likely purging the history. This often happens to help speed server loading/pinging times.

Translation, please. Seems to happen to me at random in the last two days.

I went in (Chrome on Windows 7) and deleted all the cookies (and their were a bunch of them) associated with the cruise critic website. That was this morning. Before this I had to log on every time I restarted Chrome and went to the website. After I deleted the cruise critic cookies I logged on one time and have not had to log on since. Might me just a coincidence. If the log on issue returns I'll let you know.

Here is how you do it on Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en

Click the Chrome menu Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.

Select Settings.

Click Show advanced settings.

In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.

In the "Cookies" section, you can change the following cookies settings:

Delete cookies

Click All cookies and site data to open the Cookies and site data dialog.

To delete a specific cookie, hover over the site that issued the cookie with your mouse, then click the X that appears on the right corner.

Well this morning I had to log on to cruise critic again. So my theory about deleting the cookies was incorrect.

It is not universal, which makes it annoyingly difficult to resolve. I have not once had to re-login.

Very puzzling... I did not have this issue until Friday but since then I have to sign-in again every time I bring up CC. My browser is Safari -- not sure if I would have same issue with Chrome or Firefox.

Very puzzling... I did not have this issue until Friday but since then I have to sign-in again every time I bring up CC. My browser is Safari -- not sure if I would have same issue with Chrome or Firefox.

My problem was fixed, but, now I have to sign in again. That's on my laptop using IE. I'm fine on the Ipad using safari. Go figure!

No solution yet.

I use FireFox and have had occasional problems with the quote feature and getting embedded links to work, but so far, knock on wood, no login issues.

I do know the IT folks are vigorously digging into the reported issues so we should see a resolution shortly.

At least we're not seeing anything really serious yet, such as posts and entire threads being lost as we had a long while back when we had some serious data base issues.

Your continued patience is appreciated.

I use firefox & save my passwords

when the problem started on CC I went in and deleted the password from the saved password section on FF

After that just logged in once it has been working fine

It started after the windows update .....coincidence ???

Still being patient but if information is useful:

Two days ago I was finally able to edit my countdown clocks. Thank you.

Still have to sign in each time I log on. I use Safari on ipad, iPhone, MacBook pro. All have this issue.

Occasionally have trouble with the cursor either not coming up or turning up outside the dialog box when I post.

The links to other pages on the threads works at the bottom of the page, but not at the top of pages. For me, that was the first symptom, the cursor was the second.

I'm glad I found this thread, I thought I was the only one having problems!

I have a MacBook Pro, running the latest OS and software, with Safari as my browser. I have to re-log-in almost every time I open the browser, and I check the "remember me" box every time.

Thanks for the updates, Host Walt. Hope the problem can be resolved soon. A minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things, but still irritating!

After this, can the CC tech people fix Yahoo mail, please? ;)

Edited by BeagleOne