Always being asked to sign in again

solocanadian

It's not CC causing this, it's your computer. You somehow don't have your password saved anymore. If you cleared your cache, changed passwords, are using a new browser, etc. your former saved password was erased.

In the top right sign in but before hitting the button check the "remember me" or "save this password" or whatever it is says.

It's not CC causing this, it's your computer. You somehow don't have your password saved anymore. If you cleared your cache, changed passwords, are using a new browser, etc. your former saved password was erased.

In the top right sign in but before hitting the button check the "remember me" or "save this password" or whatever it is says.

Agree. It is not CC.

Then why is it happening to so many people. We can't all be clearing our caches.

It just started happening.

Terri

I know it happened to me for two days. I reclicked remember me and it still happened. Then all of a sudden it cleared up, but earlier today, I could not click on to post.

I was trying to do the updated FCL and had to tab to get it post. I had to email rafinmd to ask him to do the alert to Walt to close the old thread as I could not post there either. Now, it seems to be working.

Something is definitely going on with CC.

Then why is it happening to so many people. We can't all be clearing our caches.

It just started happening.

Terri

You can "lose you log-in" for a number of reasons. Every time you do a viral scan. When your computer goes to sleep- power saving mode. When you turn your computer off.

I run my viral scan at least once a day. If the computer goes to sleep, it does a background scan, which can cause me to lose my log in. I lose my log in- on other sites besides CC as well- at least once a day.

Lastly there is an issue with running out of IP addresses, which is tending to cause computers to disconnect from the Internet at times, particularly when in "sleep" mode.

You can "lose you log-in" for a number of reasons. Every time you do a viral scan. When your computer goes to sleep- power saving mode. When you turn your computer off.

I run my viral scan at least once a day. If the computer goes to sleep, it does a background scan, which can cause me to lose my log in. I lose my log in- on other sites besides CC as well- at least once a day.

Lastly there is an issue with running out of IP addresses, which is tending to cause computers to disconnect from the Internet at times, particularly when in "sleep" mode.

Yes, but this was not happening before a couple of days ago. It seems to happen with one browser more than the other one for me. Just because it's not happening to you doesn't mean it's not a problem.

I have to sign in every time I log on - on my MacBook Pro, my iPad and my iPhone. I also cannot access the countdown clocks as I wish to edit mine. It started at the same time on all my machines and I have not been doing any of the behaviors that sppunk suggested I must be doing. I do check remember me each time I log on. I have not changed any settings. It is beginning to get tiresome.

I know it happened to me for two days. I reclicked remember me and it still happened. Then all of a sudden it cleared up, but earlier today, I could not click on to post.

I was trying to do the updated FCL and had to tab to get it post. I had to email rafinmd to ask him to do the alert to Walt to close the old thread as I could not post there either. Now, it seems to be working.

Something is definitely going on with CC.

Thank you Kazu. Too many of us are having this problem.:)

Hmmm - interesting. My virus scan, McAfee does not like CC. It quite often asks "Am I sure I want to go there".

I'm not sure why we needed a new thread to say the same thing, but if it gets CC's attention then I guess it's a good thing. It is logging me out on my laptop, my brand new desktop and my ipad. Obviously it is not my computer problem, but a CC problem.

That's not the only issue. Sometimes it will say I haven't logged in since yesterday even though it might be 2 hours. And sometimes, but not always, the quotes are not highlighted which makes it difficult to tell what is a quote and what is new.

Uhh.... No. None of this stuff should cause a login problem.

Sent from my XT1060 using Forums mobile app