Who is your favorite X waiter or bartender?

SeaWatch

My favourite is Vladimir, one of the Somelliers in the MDR on the Century when we travelled to Fiji in late October.

He was just so great, he gave me many, many blind tastes of wine to test my knowledge at dinner time. Unfortunately, on the whole I was woeful! I had previously considered myself something of an expert but I still have a lot to learn.:eek:

Vladimir was also always smiling, and I'll remember his efforts for a long time to come.

ratacake

Also too many- Paulo, Ronaldo & Aldo in Blu, Peter at Sunset bar on Century last seen at Molecular bar on Eclipse, Larry at Martini Bar on Equinox ( no longer with X), the list goes on. Urgor, sommelier on the Equinox. Also some great cabin Stewarts- Marvin & Glen Ford, first met on Solstice, Antonio on the Eclipse the list doesn't end!

My favorite bartender on the Summit would be the one who can hand me a beer in under a minute. Unfortunately, they are all really slow for the most part. No sense of urgency especially at the Mast Bar and the poolside bar. Throw in the frowns and attitude and it comes up lousy.

They would not survive in the "industry" if they were working at a busy bar in downtown Boston. Don't get me stawwwwwted. Just sayin'...:eek:

Our favorite bartender is Wid from Indonesia. We have been fortunate to have him on 2 of our cruises. He mainly works at the Martini bar but also is assigned other places during the afternoon.

We had Wid on our Silhouette TA this past November, he was fantastic.

Peter is very good and so is Putu.

Has to be Nikki (Thailand) on the Summit. Another couple and us were on in November and we had the drink package. Other girl and I decided we were going to "drink the alphabet" starting with A and see how far we could get by end of our cruise. We found Nikki at pool bar on first day and told her we wanted a drink that started with an "A" - and we explained what we were doing. Next trip up - we just said "B", then "C". Everyone else at bar was ordering by "name"....we'd just go up and give a letter. She was able to hit just about every letter - got stumped with "N" - so we skipped to O then. I think over the course of the cruise we missed about 6 letters. She was a great sport about making us some type of frozen drink for our cruise.

Anna, from the Phillipines. We sailed with her on Zenith in 2005, 2006, & the final Zenith sailing in 2007. After that, we lost track of her until last January on Summit, when she was working the Rondevouz Bar. Seven years later, & she remembered us! She told her bartender partner, "this gut knew me when I was a young girl!" Great person, great bartender!

Anna, from the Phillipines. We sailed with her on Zenith in 2005, 2006, & the final Zenith sailing in 2007. After that, we lost track of her until last January on Summit, when she was working the Rondevouz Bar. Seven years later, & she remembered us! She told her bartender partner, "this gut knew me when I was a young girl!" Great person, great bartender!

I remember an Anna from Zenith - we met her on two different Zenith sailings, working in the Martini Bar. Wonder if it's the same Anna? Great person and great bartender.

All my favorite bartenders/waiters have long since retired from working on cruise ships. IMHO, the bartenders/waiters/servers working today are nowhere near as good as the "old-timers" from years ago.

I remember an Anna from Zenith - we met her on two different Zenith sailings, working in the Martini Bar. Wonder if it's the same Anna? Great person and great bartender.

All my favorite bartenders/waiters have long since retired from working on cruise ships. IMHO, the bartenders/waiters/servers working today are nowhere near as good as the "old-timers" from years ago.

I'm sure it is. The Martini Bar on Zenith was kind of small, & always packed. Anna & her partner, a blond girl, can't remember her name, kept the place jumping. Anna used to make her signature "Annatini", which was fabulous!

Our all time person EVER was our waiter Billy from Jamaica. We just had him on our Summit repo cruise this past Oct. Seriously, I would pick my cruise itinerary based on him bein available! We are hoping to have him again on the Summit in Feb. He is supposed to be leaving the ship in Jan but was considering a short extension. If you are on the Summit in the MDR, do ask for him.

My favourite is Vladimir, one of the Somelliers in the MDR on the Century when we travelled to Fiji in late October.

He was just so great, he gave me many, many blind tastes of wine to test my knowledge at dinner time. Unfortunately, on the whole I was woeful! I had previously considered myself something of an expert but I still have a lot to learn.:eek:

Vladimir was also always smiling, and I'll remember his efforts for a long time to come.

ratacake

Interesting comment. Vladimir was the Head Sommelier on our recently completed Century cruise. He is very knowledgeable and gives great service but has the personality of Vladimir Putin. It took almost two weeks to get him to crack a smile.

Our favourite bar person was Putu on the Eclipse in the Martini bar, our drinks were poured every night as soon as he saw us. DH glass was never empty, and he could do some bottle juggling and martini making/pouring!!!!!

We're back on Eclipse in March and hope he will be there too

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting comment. Vladimir was the Head Sommelier on our recently completed Century cruise. He is very knowledgeable and gives great service but has the personality of Vladimir Putin. It took almost two weeks to get him to crack a smile.

We liked Vladimir too. He was on our Summit cruise in January. He is probably one of the best sommeliers so far. We are used to European customer service and felt like home when he was serving us. A nice guy! Not too pushy or joking too much but interested and customer oriented.

A few years back we had Melbourne from Jamaica - I think that is how you spell it - he was great and we were disappointed the year after when we returned to the ship and had missed him by a week (he'd left to go home). He knew exactly what drink to make me and helped me to work my way through a very large bottle of Pirate's Rum on our cruise ;-)

There was another Jamaican bar tender in the Sunset Bar on the Silhouette - he was a real star. Can't for the life of us remember his name though! We can remember the Christmas tree he had on his tray (mid August) and him saying 'Jingle Bell' all the time. Anyone know who we mean ? We have loads of photos of him. :confused:

Edited by Presto2