Port Canaveral's New Terminal to debut Dec 27/14

emmy

Aft lofts look nice

you can say it

NICE ASS

your opinion, not mine . . .

:eek: Wow ... almost 24 hours and this post is still here?! Can't believe the KGB (mods) haven't found and pulled the trigger on this naughty post yet !!.

They seem to be a bit touchy lately .. lots getting deleted. :rolleyes:

Edited by F27TW

We are planning to sign up for this Feb 26 cruise and will be parking in the new ramp. Is it important to get reserved parking or can you just drive up ? In trying to reserve parking it looks like they are putting you at the old location not the new one. ????

We are planning to sign up for this Feb 26 cruise and will be parking in the new ramp. Is it important to get reserved parking or can you just drive up ? In trying to reserve parking it looks like they are putting you at the old location not the new one. ????

We did prepay for Dec 12, scanner couldn't recognize barcode, they just waived me through. That was at T10

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Well it's 2:30 and I see no backup on George King Blvd. Finally someone parked on upper deck. Maybe the growing pains are easing up. :D

I checked at around 11:30 AM and checked periodically and did not see backups. It looks like they may have changed the bus/limousine drop offs as that was where the backup was for EX's previous sailing. I have friends on this sailing and the one that concluded today so I will post what I can about dropoff and pickup. Neither parked at the port but we will so I will be looking for parking experiences. We will pre-pay so it hopefully will be easy.

We were on the Jan 4 sailing of the Explorer and parked at the port. I prepaid online on Jan 1 and had no issues with the barcode scanning or getting in or out of the garage.

We did have the longest waits I have experienced both getting on and off the ship. It took over an hour to board and get off the ship. They seemed somewhat disorganized. Maybe it was due to the new terminal. We used the self debarkation for the first time and apparently at least half of the ship did as well. We got in line at 7:30 for the 7:45 debarkation and were not through customs until 8:45. Next time I will use the normal process.

We are booked on FOS on 3/15. I have a high top conversion van that requires a 9 foot clearance. Anyone know what the clearance on the new parking garage is? If garage cannot handle the van where do we end up parking? Was reading parking garage allows you to prepay or pay be credit card on arrival. We will have a 40% discount coupon from hotel we are staying at. Anyone know how that is handled if all of this is automated?

We are booked on FOS on 3/15. I have a high top conversion van that requires a 9 foot clearance. Anyone know what the clearance on the new parking garage is? If garage cannot handle the van where do we end up parking? Was reading parking garage allows you to prepay or pay be credit card on arrival. We will have a 40% discount coupon from hotel we are staying at. Anyone know how that is handled if all of this is automated?

I did not notice a sign with the height limit at the garage, but it did not appear extremely low like some city garages. I think you should be ok, but you can get their number to from their website to call to check. I did see parking spaces in a lot next to the garage as well.

We did pre-pay and had no problem. There was an attendant on duty who scanned our form and was very friendly. I am sure they would be able to handle a same day transaction and / or any coupons.

I did not notice a sign with the height limit at the garage, but it did not appear extremely low like some city garages. I think you should be ok, but you can get their number to from their website to call to check. I did see parking spaces in a lot next to the garage as well.

We did pre-pay and had no problem. There was an attendant on duty who scanned our form and was very friendly. I am sure they would be able to handle a same day transaction and / or any coupons.

First level is very high, buses can enter. Not sure if any parking though

Thanks for the information. Were there lots of parking spaces available?

Thanks for the information. Were there lots of parking spaces available?

Yes, there were plenty of spaces. We arrived around 11:00 AM and parked near the elevator on the 2nd level. I believe there are 4 levels, but I am not positive.

Yes, there were plenty of spaces. We arrived around 11:00 AM and parked near the elevator on the 2nd level. I believe there are 4 levels, but I am not positive.

4 includes ground level. Can you park there?

Surface lot on west must be for employees, it's only full while ships are in port

Thanks -- another question. Where did you drop off your bags? Was it just outside the garage like it is for Terminal? Thanks

Thanks -- another question. Where did you drop off your bags? Was it just outside the garage like it is for Terminal? Thanks

We actually dropped the bags on the first level in the garage. They had porters waiting to take the bags. We probably should have driven into the drop-off area and dropped the bags first, but ended up taking them down the elevator to the first floor. It wasn't a big deal since we had only one bag and a carry on each.

I did attempt to check a case of bottled water, as I have done before in other ports (New Orleans, San Juan, etc.), but was told I had to take it as a carry on due to security. I ended up taking it as a carry on, but probably should have just left it sitting in the garage since it was a pain to carry around for an hour until our room was ready. It did save us about $ 50 - $ 60 since we used about 20 bottles of water during the trip.

Edited by JT1962