Port Canaveral's New Terminal to debut Dec 27/14

emmy

We're on 1/4 & just did Check in a few days ago & our docks still say pier 10.

Wonder if they will update "important information" on RCI website to give passengers s head's up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ace1zoe2

Explorer of the Seas will be the first ship to dock at the new Terminal 1 in Port Canaveral tomorrow Dec 27/14

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/local/2014/12/26/port-canaverals-new-cruise-terminal-debuts/20910601/

Thanks for sharing Emmy. The new terminal looks really nice. Hopefully those guest getting off or getting on Explorer tomorrow can share more details about the new terminal. I also hope they leave the Webcam on.

So glad to see it open! Pretty exciting to see Port Canaveral doing so well.

New terminal looks very spacious! Its awfully white and sterile looking inside though .. maybe over time they will add some more color or wall treatments, décor, etc.

I am on Enchantment in Feb. .. will we be at the new terminal ?

Is the intent to bring in the larger ships? Sure looks nice on the webcam. Thanks for posting! We'll be there March 1 to said again on the refurbished Freedom.

The new terminal is supposed to be able to handle Oasis class ships.

What I don't understand is the bizarre numbering system they have for the terminals there.

Terminals 1,2,3,5,6,8,10 .. and they're not really in any kind of logical order.

Huh ???

Edited by F27TW

If the terminal is ready, I wonder why the decided to change the 02JAN15 Enchantment from it's planned embarkation at T1 to T10 last week.

Could be because they were behind, but have been working 24 hours a day to get caught up. I guess a true test will be to see if the Freedom docks there tomorrow morning. We are sailing on the Freedom 2 day on the 4th of Jan, and hoping to see the new terminal.