Carrying my beer into my time dining room

ottmar

It has happened on two of our last cruises. Explanation: I only order a cheese plate for appetizers but I need to have my Fosters Oil Can to eat it, and the beer lasts me though dinner.

Asking the waiter to get it for me at MTD where we have a different one every night has taken so long that we sat there while the whole table waits for me to finish my appetizer that it is embarrassing.

So after a couple of nights of this I bought my beer at the nearest bar and carried it with me into the dinning room.

The problem was that we didn't eat at the same time every night so we sometimes had to wait with beer in hand, not good.

We will be on Oasis end of February and I am not familiar with the location of a bar near the dining rooms Now, traditional dining doesn't have this problem, waiters have the beer waiting for me after the first night.

....Ott

Order dinner, then walk out to the nearest bar to get your beer. Although, I din't why you have to have it BEFORE eating your cheese.

Also, we've had a great experience with MTD. No horror stories here.

Well, I have to have it BEFORE so I can have it WITH my cheese plate to wash it down icon7.gif. I am from Bavaria, beer always comes first, prosticon10.gif

Edited by ottmar
clarification

We had MTD on Vision. Made no arrangements ahead of time, but on embarkation day we arranged that night and then the following nights. They didn't have the exact same time available the rest of the time as on the first night, but kept us with the same serving team for the whole cruise.

Try to get that to happen on your cruise and you'll have no need to get your own, I assume.

Fosters Oil Can[/quote

sorry, but as an australian, please, I beg of you, there are so many better beers on board!

I must agree, I tell people from O/S all the time Aussies don't really drink Fosters they don't believe me, but no one I know drink the stuff.

Well, I have to have it BEFORE so I can have it WITH my cheese plate to wash it down icon7.gif. I am from Bavaria, beer always comes first, prosticon10.gif

I hope I didn't offend you on your beer choice. I was only teasing but apparently the comment was deleted.

Fosters Oil Can[/quote

sorry, but as an australian, please, I beg of you, there are so many better beers on board!

I know, it is convenience of 25 ounces. I have carried a Grolsch and a Stella in together when the cruise line, I think it was Princess no longer carried the Oil Can. But as long as it not a light beer or an American big brewery beer, I am not too particular. I live in the US but when I am back home in Munich I drink the local beers even though a mass costs about 7 euros.