Pinnacle Free cruise seems a RipOff

padrek

A pp said 6 months from date of issue. That seems like a pretty short time frame.

It is when you get it in the mail I think you find out the day it was issued.

They have issued the Oasis TA for Oct FCC

But those not in the US have not received them yet. So if it takes 6 weeks to get them as I think I read. Then maybe longer in CAN we have 4 month to fit in our cruise. We too have MANY cruise booked in 2015 and into 2016.

Boarding on Sat. Will let the LA know we are frustrated over this new rule. They may not care but not remaining silent about it. Reaching PC next month and sent off letters to B and G.

No answer yet.

It should be a simple FCC for any cruise not a new ship. Simple and no hassle.

Making these tight restrictions after reaching PC is not showing them in a favorable light now.

If we were just making D+ I would look at moving around to other lines and build up loyalty at another line to give us choice!

Edited by CVU

If we were just making D+ I would look at moving around to other lines and build up loyalty at another line to give us choice!

So let's look at the logic of 'moving around to other lines' as you have put it -- by spreading out your cruises over multiple lines you accumulate NO loyalty points of much value on any cruise line.

JMO.

Don't even try to go there.......... It took years to get them to base points on nights instead of each cruise. At one time a 3 night cruise & a 14 night cruise had the same point value! Trying to get them to change to the amount spent will send people right over the edge.

LOL!

Are you saying that Cruisers don't embrace change?

Shocking!:eek:

So let's look at the logic of 'moving around to other lines' as you have put it -- by spreading out your cruises over multiple lines you accumulate NO loyalty points of much value on any cruise line.

JMO.

I thought it would be simple enough that..... after...you looked around you would maybe? Find one to stick with for some perks.

Maybe only one or two lines to try before picking one you like enough? Princess is compared often to RCL.

That should give us an idea of their commitment to transparency or maybe it just their web programming prowess - 8 months to add that one line.:rolleyes:

We hit diamond+ the first week of our B2B in March. After that we have 5 more booked with RCI mainly because of Flowrider access, as there isn't one close to home. That being said when we start to plan Alaska for 2017, it will be departure ports and pricing that dictate our line of choice.

By the time we reach Pinnacle, if it still exists, at our current sailing rate I will be close to 55. Why invest more money into a line that just doesn't seem to care in how it treats it's followers, either be it Pinnacle, suite guest or the beginning gold cruiser.

Since we sail in suites we tend to get the best perks that are offered, no matter our cruise line loyalty. Soon we will sail by ship and offered suite perks combined with itineraries. When I read RC loyalists, many of which are Pinnacle, comment upon looking elsewhere and trying another line it makes me realize that loyalty to oneself is sometimes the best loyalty. Maybe even better than that of a dog.;)

Having done our first all inclusive in September, I realize that cruising is still our holiday of choice. Going forward though, we will choose our cruise lines wisely.

We hit diamond+ the first week of our B2B in March. After that we have 5 more booked with RCI mainly because of Flowrider access, as there isn't one close to home. That being said when we start to plan Alaska for 2017, it will be departure ports and pricing that dictate our line of choice.

By the time we reach Pinnacle, if it still exists, at our current sailing rate I will be close to 55. Why invest more money into a line that just doesn't seem to care in how it treats it's followers, either be it Pinnacle, suite guest or the beginning gold cruiser.

Since we sail in suites we tend to get the best perks that are offered, no matter our cruise line loyalty. Soon we will sail by ship and offered suite perks combined with itineraries. When I read RC loyalists, many of which are Pinnacle, comment upon looking elsewhere and trying another line it makes me realize that loyalty to oneself is sometimes the best loyalty. Maybe even better than that of a dog.;)

Having done our first all inclusive in September, I realize that cruising is still our holiday of choice. Going forward though, we will choose our cruise lines wisely.

Suites aren't in our budget but the NCL Haven suites get rave reviews. Based on what I read here, it almost sounds like Royal is trying to imitate NCL with the changes they're making that seem to offer better service & perks to their suite guests.

If I cruised in suites & was looking for another line, NCL would be where I'd go. That's unless I could swing the high end lines............

Suites aren't in our budget but the NCL Haven suites get rave reviews. Based on what I read here, it almost sounds like Royal is trying to imitate NCL with the changes they're making that seem to offer better service & perks to their suite guests.

If I cruised in suites & was looking for another line, NCL would be where I'd go. That's unless I could swing the high end lines............

I was looking at NCL Epic OS for a western Med, but we booked an Allure JS for this May. We are hoping a GS or above will become available, but it was the Flowrider that got me. There are also the friendships that we have made with many crew members over the sailings so would miss seeing our crew friends.

However, the Haven does sound to be a much better set up and price point than the suite privileges and prices on the Oasis class ships. We have a CC cruise friend that just sailed NCL and had said only positive things. He was so pleased he booked a FCC while on board.

I just turned 43 and lookng at the age demographics of the higher class lines our family isn't there yet.;) We might try NCL, or return to Princess and get our final 2 sailings in for their Elite program. I guess we will be our own "Captains" determining our destiny on the horizon. :p

I have friends who only cruise when then can book the top suite on the ship... knowing the cost of these, I asked why they didn't cruise the luxury lines... they said the atmosphere was too different, exclusive, stuffy, no activity at night, dancing, children weren't welcome, etc....

They NEVER said they expected "special treatment" for booking these expensive suites, they simply loved the high-end accommodations. Indeed, they prefer(red) sailing on cruiselines which provided "special treatment" to ALL guests (i.e., no "Haven Suite" area, no "Queens Grill" area, no "Gold Card Only" area) -- not sure where they can find this anymore. Princess? Carnival? HAL?

I LOVE that RCI used to (and mostly, still does) provide a premium experience for ALL cruisers... yes, there are certainly add-ons you can choose for a price, if you can afford it/want to spend your money that way, but in general you can still get a nice meal, elegantly served in the MDR (though I miss the flowers, extra silverware, etc.)... great cabin service... terrific entertainment and access to physical activities on the sports court... live music... all available to you in whatever cabin class you choose to/are able to book. I sincerely hope that they don't continue the policy of segregating groups by income levels, with special areas on the private islands, etc. for Gold Card only members... perhaps priority ACCESS to these areas is appropriate, but not EXCLUSIVE access...

JMTC (Just my two cents)...

On-topic, I echo those who say it is ridiculous to make super-loyal Pinnacle cruisers jump through these hoops for the promised free cruise.

Go back to the old system of providing a list of cruises available to book, or simply stating ANY cruise exclusive of the new(est) ships... up to a certain dollar amount, if that is a historical limitation.

Query to Pinnacles: Do you have to choose a certain cabin class, time to sail, etc., or can you select anything up to a suite (or pay an upcharge for a suite?) and have the free cruise at any time of year? How many limitations are on this selection?

I think it is particularly onerous that none of the caveats are listed in the fine print about this wonderful special perk earned by the most loyal cruisers. I hope you will be able to enjoy it more freely soon!!

...Do you have to choose a certain cabin class, time to sail, etc., or can you select anything up to a suite (or pay an upcharge for a suite?) and have the free cruise at any time of year? How many limitations are on this selection?...

I believe they must book a balcony or better, but the credit will be based on the price of a balcony, up to $1200 per person.

Offering something for "Free" that in fact costs many people more than the item can be bought for without the "Free" offer, pretty much meets my concept of a scam. Next iteration of T&Cs may require that you also have to attend a time share presentation.:mad:

Thom

It's called "muster drill";)

Query to Pinnacles: Do you have to choose a certain cabin class, time to sail, etc., or can you select anything up to a suite (or pay an upcharge for a suite?) and have the free cruise at any time of year? How many limitations are on this selection?

Complimentary cruises at 700 and 1050 points are in a balcony cabin with a maximum value of $2400 for 2. Yes, you can pay to upgrade.

Once you have earned 1400+ points and every 350+ after that, you can book a JS cabin or a maximum value of $3200 for 2.

As our valued customer you have earned a free cruise.....

small print

does not apply to any sailing on any date

cannot be combined with any RCCL discount of any kind do not even ask.

We value your business so we have made this very difficult for you. (we figured you were smart enough to get to this level you might be smart enough to find a loop hole)....Our IT dept could not find any so we doubt you could of course our IT dept is not to swift.

I think to treat your most valued customers this way says more about how this company feels about its customers..It is really unacceptable if I were a Pinnacle member which I am not I would be furious.

Well said -- I think someone should send this to Corporate.

Don't even try to go there.......... It took years to get them to base points on nights instead of each cruise. At one time a 3 night cruise & a 14 night cruise had the same point value! Trying to get them to change to the amount spent will send people right over the edge.

I believe what you are saying is inaccurate. There were differences in points awarded depending upon the length of your cruise as well as if you had a suite, I imagine.

I don't remember the point breakdown, but the longer the cruise the more points you achieved. I am sure someone here is a 'cruise points historian' and can bring up history.

I believe what you are saying is inaccurate. There were differences in points awarded depending upon the length of your cruise as well as if you had a suite, I imagine.

I don't remember the point breakdown, but the longer the cruise the more points you achieved. I am sure someone here is a 'cruise points historian' and can bring up history.

Yes, there are different point values based on cabin (JS & above) & length of the cruise but that was NOT always the way it was handled. Please review this copy from the RCCL website of my cruise credits. The last cruise showing was a 14 day Panama Canal cruise in OV. As you can see, I received 1 cruise credit which converted to 7 points when they started counting nights instead of cruises.

Date Of Departure Ship Name Itinerary/Comments Credit Value

19-Mar-2012 Explorer Of The Seas 11 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise 22

12-May-2011 Explorer Of The Seas 9 Night Bermuda And Caribbean Cruise 9

15-Nov-2010 Navigator Of The Seas 5 Night Western Caribbean Cruise 1

11-Nov-2010 Navigator Of The Seas 4 Night Western Caribbean Cruise 1

06-Nov-2010 Navigator Of The Seas 5 Night Western Caribbean Cruise 1

15-Apr-2010 Explorer Of The Seas 9 Night Bermuda And Bahamas Cruise 1

10-Nov-2008 Navigator Of The Seas 12 Night Spanish Transatlantic Cruise 3

03-Mar-2007 Navigator Of The Seas 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise 1

17-Mar-2001 Explorer Of The Seas 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise 1

17-Apr-1999 Legend Of The Seas Panama Canal San Diego-Ft. Lauderdale 1

I was looking at NCL Epic OS for a western Med, but we booked an Allure JS for this May. We are hoping a GS or above will become available, but it was the Flowrider that got me. There are also the friendships that we have made with many crew members over the sailings so would miss seeing our crew friends.

However, the Haven does sound to be a much better set up and price point than the suite privileges and prices on the Oasis class ships. We have a CC cruise friend that just sailed NCL and had said only positive things. He was so pleased he booked a FCC while on board.

I just turned 43 and lookng at the age demographics of the higher class lines our family isn't there yet.;) We might try NCL, or return to Princess and get our final 2 sailings in for their Elite program. I guess we will be our own "Captains" determining our destiny on the horizon. :p

Better yet, would be the suites in the MSC Yacht Club!!

Edited by gkbiiii

The extra credit for cruises of 12 days or more started in Jan 2003.

The extra credit for cruises in a JS or better started in Jan 2004.

The extra credit for cruises of 12 days or more started in Jan 2003.

The extra credit for cruises in a JS or better started in Jan 2004.

Thanks Bob! There are a lot of things I don't know & others that I get mixed up but the point issue was a major thorn in my side for a long time.............

We are coming up to the 1400 night cruise. Love that Royal Caribbean will give us a JS.

So......to digress, our first 100 cruise was celebrated on the Mariner of the Seas. We paid the difference for an OS, as that is what we, for the most part, cruise in.

Then on our 1050 cruise......on the Vision of the Seas.....we had the Royal Suite. We did the crossing....to obtain that status, and then we paid the difference and enjoyed the RS for the Baltic cruise.

Now that we are coming up on our 3rd free cruise, we will pick and choose what we want.

Sorry..........I don't get what everyone is talking about. When you hit a certain level, you will be rewarded. Maybe we just don't cruise enough.

Rick