Interesting 50-50-50 email promotion

satdan

I just received a "customized" email offer from princess that I initially thought was brilliant. The subject was "Dan you're turning 50 (Yay me), let's celebrate". Inside it said "you're turning 50, we're turning 50 let's celebrate"

And what pray tell was the big offer?

$50 OBC IF I sail during my birth month otherwise a bottle of wine, wowee

That was the best they could come up with after all that hype, disappointing.

It was a great idea that fell apart in the details.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

I received an email about this promotion too. We will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary in July. When I looked at the Princess site to see where we could cruise in July it turns out to be Alaska or Europe and that's about it. We went on an Alaskan cruise last year with NCL but I wouldn't mind going again. However, Princess Alaskan cruises are twice as much as NCL. What would be the differences between the two lines?

A $50 credit doesn't nearly help with the difference in price. You get that credit only if you go in the correct month, otherwise you get a bottle of wine. The least they could do is give both for a 50th wedding anniversary.

We also received the email promo. We will be celebrating our 50th anniversary in March. We already have a March booking to the Mexican Riviera. I called Princess yesterday and requested the $50 promo. The agent put me on hold and then came back on the line and told me that the $50 had been added to our OBS. She also wished us a wonderful 50th anniversary.

Better than nothing...appreciate the small stuff.

We are celebrating our 50th anniversary in March, but will be on a cruise in January. Our TA got us the ($20) wine credit. We're not complaining. :)

Howard

I thought it was a lame promotion because the majority of cruisers can't use the offer. At best 1/12 th of the population can use the offer.

Are you sure people born in 1965 comprise even 1/12 of the population?

My DH turns 50 this year. Of course, the last 3 Princess cruises we sailed over his bday week...and this year we're sailing a different month. Do we just call Princess ahead of time for the bottle of wine? Or can we request onboard?

My wife got the offer too. She turns 50 in July, but we're only cruising in March and October. So, our TA called up and got her the $50 credit on both March and October cruises. We just checked and the credit is already showing both both cruises. Not a great credit, but still, we'll take it.

My wife got the offer too. She turns 50 in July, but we're only cruising in March and October. So, our TA called up and got her the $50 credit on both March and October cruises. We just checked and the credit is already showing both both cruises. Not a great credit, but still, we'll take it.

Maybe the promotion is only for US customers?

My wife will be 50 in June and we will be cruing in one week, but have not receive any offer (we have not received a stateroom yet as well, maybe we will receive both together?)

So sorry all of you expecting the OBC for 50th celebrations are going to be disappointed when you board. I just called Princess and spoke with D**** who informed me there is and never has been ANY OBC for 50th birthdays or anniversaries. I said I had heard otherwise many times and he informed me I was WRONG! Not on Princess! :confused:

He asked where I had heard it and I mentioned CC and he said "that is just a bunch of people talking. You didn't see it on our website so it is not true". I asked to speak to someone else who might have more information and he rudely told me how condescending that was. Then he wanted to check if he could get me better pricing on my booked cruise (because he is the professional) after I told him I had already checked the website. End of conversation.

Proves the point. Keep calling until you get a correct answer--or at least one you like. :)

Just wanted to bump this up in case anyone missed it...

I'll be turning 50 this year so I forwarded the email I received to my TA and she checked on it for me. I Will not be sailing in my birth month so the $50 OBC is out but got the voucher for the bottle of wine.... Cheers