Missing Shows due to Late Dining Time?

jmbeebe0722

It has been a couple of years since we last sailed Carnival... We will be sailing on the Breeze in late Jan, and have selected "Late Dining Time" in order to allow time to relax and give the ladies time to get dressed. Our biggest concern is missing shows such as the comedy shows, and game shows due to this late dining time.

Just looking to get opinions from those who have used this "late dining time" and see if it effected their viewing of shows or activities offered on the ship.

I will be sailing on the Elation on January 29 and this is my first cruise. i am interested in this because we chose early dining when we booked but thought better of it later. We are on wait list for anytime dining now but were wondering what times the shows are. I am sure there are advantages to each dining time.

We always select the late dining. We like to have some ship board time, and a snack from the buffet after coming back from the port. Also it gives you time to get ready for dinner without rushing. We dont go to the comedy club, so I cant tell you what you will miss. As for the shows, there are two a night. One early for the late dining and one late for the early dining. We go to the late one, its usually around 10-1030pm. Dont remember the exact time of the early show, but 6pm sounds about right. On show nights we leave the dining room a half hour before the show, go back to the cabin and put on comfortable cloths. Then its off to the show.

Usually, the shows for late seating are before dinner, except for late night shows.

You will find that anyone who wants to go to a show will need to be ready about the same time....early shows eat first, then go to the show....late seating goes to the show, then eats.

Different ships work the theater shows different ways. Some have the show for late seating before dinner (7:00), some have it after their dinner (10:30). Less of a crowd than the 8:30 showtime either way. My last few cruises have been a mix of both the 7:00 & 10:30 for the late seating showtimes.

The problem is with all the other entertainment. Late seating will probably miss all the family comedy shows. Plus, you have less time for the other entertainment around the ship as well.

I always select EARLY dining, and have NEVER missed a show, or dinner. Fact is that many times, I finish dinner, and wander over to the main theater, only to catch the end of the late seatings show. I think the line has pretty much figured out the times necessary for everyone to enjoy both dinner, and the shows. NO PROBLEM!

"SKY"

So far I haven't missed any shows because of dinner. But I have had Your Time Dining and usually eat early.

I have noticed that most of the big productions have at least two performances, either the same day or on different days. Those with just one show are often after 10 PM, when either seating can make it.

A special note on Hasbro. Both shows were at 7:30, which was problematic for early diners and impossible for those eating late. It would be a bigger problem if more than a few weirdos like me liked it.

The comedy shows can be a problem, more so for the family-friendly early shows than the ones with the dirty words. I can't offer any solutions since it all depends on who, what, and where.