Explorer has run aground

...at least that's the way it looks when you pull up the PTZ TV page for Port Canaveral and zoom in a bit on the satellite view of the ships. Gives you a good idea of just how much work they had to do to carve a terminal out of that side of the channel:D

Got my attention!:eek:

I tried to put a smiley face in the title, but it didn't work:o

On the satellite map, you can also see the two concrete piers that they had to remove - which is what caused the delay in opening the terminal - and they're still pouring concrete to finish the sea walls.

I came off the Explorer on Sunday. I can assure you all is well with the new terminal. Be warned the drop off area is a design disaster. Expect a long wait if you are being dropped off.

I came off the Explorer on Sunday. I can assure you all is well with the new terminal. Be warned the drop off area is a design disaster. Expect a long wait if you are being dropped off.
Is the regular drop off area the only place to drop your bags or is there somewhere in the garage to do this like they did in Terminal 10? What time were you dropped off? Edited by SherriZ366

Is the regular drop off area the only place to drop your bags or is there somewhere in the garage to do this like they did in Terminal 10? What time were you dropped off?

The problem area at the new Terminal 1 only impacts buses and shuttles dropping off passengers. There didn't appear to be a problem with private vehicles using the big new garage. We waited in line at least 30 minutes in line with the drop area in our sight. We arrived at 11:30am and felt harried after finally being dropped off. Not sure why the access road didn't have a second lane to separate the big buses from limos carrying only a few passengers.

The problem area at the new Terminal 1 only impacts buses and shuttles dropping off passengers. There didn't appear to be a problem with private vehicles using the big new garage. We waited in line at least 30 minutes in line with the drop area in our sight. We arrived at 11:30am and felt harried after finally being dropped off. Not sure why the access road didn't have a second lane to separate the big buses from limos carrying only a few passengers.
Thanks for the info. about private cars. DH is worrying over a problem embarkation. We had a bad EX embarkation on Dec. 4, 2014 as the federal govt. would not let them disembark passengers from the previous cruise until the window for a rocket launch had closed at 9:44 AM. We left the hotel before the shuttle window closed and saw lots of traffic (also heard drawbridges were closed) but we had to wait in line for about 90 minutes to 2 hours to get into the terminal.

I could see lines of buses etc. when I watched the new terminal on the webcam.