Baby policy for Norwegian cruise line

gardengirl2011

Once in a while, a cruise line will have a "kids sail 1/2 price"...but that's only if they are the 3rd person in a cabin.

Cabins are priced based on 2 in a cabin....so the price is double of the "per person" price. Folks don't seem to understand that.

Does anyone know if I have to pay full price for my 1 year old daughter if Im cruising with Norwegian cruise line? Thank you!

1st two people aged 6 months and up pay the same price. on occasion a line will have special where the 3rd/4th pax in a cabin pay a greatly reduced fee. otherwise soupy less but not often lot less. once in a VERY great while they will let 2 and under pay taxes and port fees only.

If it's one adult and baby the two of you will each pay full price.

In general it's no cheaper for a cruise line to carry a child. The ship will have to provide a weight-appropriate life jacket for your daughter. The cabin steward will have just as much work on the bedding and linens as for an adult. And, your daughter won't be ordering drinks or booking spa baby pedicures.

I know it sounds harsh and not family-friendly but that's the financial reality on how the business operates.

Cruises charge per person not by age.

Once in a blue moon there are kids sail free promotions, but there is always fine print such as they must be the 3rd person in a cabin with a parent.

I believe only MSC has kids sail free promotions on a regular basis.

Cruises charge per person not by age.

Once in a blue moon there are kids sail free promotions, but there is always fine print such as they must be the 3rd person in a cabin with a parent.

I believe only MSC has kids sail free promotions on a regular basis.

Crystal has "kids sail free" on quite a few itineraries right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My daughter would be the 3rd sailing. Thank you guys so much for the help!

You mean she would be person number three in the cabin? If so, you could get lucky by looking around a bit and find a half price or reduced rate for 3rd person in the cabin or child under a certain age. On ships where automatic tips or hotel service charge to your on board account, tips will be charged for the baby.