Carnival announces FUN 2.0 for Miracle

jimbo5544

Hi Jimbo :)

Thank you for your post. When my wife and I booked our 15-day Hawaiian Islands voyage aboard the Miracle we picked a date many months AFTER the dry-dock. We do not sail on ships 6 to 12 months prior to a dry-dock, and at least 2 months post a dry-dock. To us the 2.0 upgrades are irrelevant, and the dry-dock is more important to us. The three most important aspects when we booked our voyage was the itinerary, cabin location, and the fact that the ship was going into a dry-dock soon.

Have a terrific day Jimbo! Thanks for sharing.

:)

My pleasure, I try and post these things here when I see them. I understand your comments about sailing pre and post dry docks as well.

Add me to the list of the disappointed. 2.0 had been nothing but a smoked cutback with name brand imaging.

As odd as it sounds, I chose a ship once over pizza. Both ships were sailing from Miami, but we enjoyed the option of the ship with the pizza.

Turned out the other ship had it as well, but we didn't know, but were glad with our choice anyway.

Would I chose a ship because of pizza or burgers? No. But I am curious as to why the Miracle is missing some things. What happened on the Pride that made them decide not to go with these additions? Could this ship be slated FAR west?

Add me to the list of the disappointed. 2.0 had been nothing but a smoked cutback with name brand imaging.

As odd as it sounds, I chose a ship once over pizza. Both ships were sailing from Miami, but we enjoyed the option of the ship with the pizza.

Turned out the other ship had it as well, but we didn't know, but were glad with our choice anyway.

Would I chose a ship because of pizza or burgers? No. But I am curious as to why the Miracle is missing some things. What happened on the Pride that made them decide not to go with these additions? Could this ship be slated FAR west?

Could be (headed west that is) The only point of reference was the Legend which id not get the Guy's as well and spends season time in Australia.

Don't think the smoking thing is tied to Fun 2.0 but more of an entire cruise line implementation thing.

The Spirit is full time Australia - and it got Guy's and Blue Iguana :confused:

I'm not sorry about the big screen -- those are an abomination. If they only used them for movies at night, that would be OK. I remember last year on the Conquest at 6:00 Am blaring Good Morning America, complete with commercials :eek:

Which part, that she sails for Carnival Australia or she has Guy's and Blue Iguana?

I think they are both correct -- The Spirit isn't listed as part of Carnival's fleet any longer. She sails for Carnival Australia and their website lists Guy's and B.I. as features.

The Legend got all the upgrades because she sails in AUS and may go there full time

THe Spirit will have all the upgrades after her current drydock in 2015

http://www.cruisepassenger.com.au/cruise-ship-carnival-spirit-receives-new-mexican-flavours/

The Miracle didn't get the upgrades because its not going to Australia:confused:

Edited by jonbgd

The Miracle didn't get the upgrades because its not going to Australia:confused:

but the pride, which is recently out of dry dock, DID (including the green thunder slide, guys, blue iguana, and unlike even spirit or legend, the big screen on lido), and it is going back to baltimore after its season in tampa, not australia.

but the pride, which is recently out of dry dock, DID (including the green thunder slide, guys, blue iguana, and unlike even spirit or legend, the big screen on lido), and it is going back to baltimore after its season in tampa, not australia.

I forgot the Pride also got those.

Than that really doesn't make sense:confused:

Maybe no Guys, on the west coast, because it cant compete with a good In n Out burger:p

Red Frog Pub & Alchemy! I just hope the Red Frog serves food. Bring me my grouper fingers and a fishbowl please.

I too hope the Red Frog on the Miracle serves food. We sailed on the Magic and really enjoyed the coconut shrimp and conch fritters. We didn't try the grouper fingers, now I wish we had.

Anyone know if the other ships (besides the Magic and the Breeze) that have the Red Frog Pub serve food?

I too hope the Red Frog on the Miracle serves food.

Doubtful unless it's all doable in a microwave. Carnival announced the Red Frog on the Miracle will go in where the Jazz Club is forward on the Promenade Deck and the nearest galley is one deck below and far aft.

They are doing away with EA. They won’t add Guys but will add playlist. Sad day for such a nice ship.

Cherry on Top always has had customers there, other than us, on the cruises we took.

I would like to take a cruise on the Miracle form Long Beach back to Tampa from where she once sailed.

Prob the recession was going full blast. I as blaming anyone just stating facts. The Splendor was new when she was there and they had to severely discount cabins to fill the ship.

Probably due to the boring itinerary and the cold winds one day out and back into Long Beach.

And when it sailed to Hawaii, someone didn't do their homework. The ship could not fit into the port at Kauii, which is the jewel of all the islands on the Hawaii itinerary.

I have to say that I am in shock that she's not getting Guys and Blue Iguana Cantina, or the Big Screen on the Lido.

Pride is her sister ship and got all of that.

Why not Miracle?:confused::confused:

Somebody asked about the Lido Screen at one of the cruise talks with the CD when I was on last month. He said that because of where they sail (Alaska, Hawaii) they have laws and regulations relating to indigenous wildlife that prevent them from having it.

I know people like to put down Playlist Productions (oddly enough, even people who have never seen one), but Epic Rock is my favorite show of all time. Ticket To Ride was right up there, but Epic Rock is my top. This isn't one of the shows on the Miracle (according to an earlier post), but it is a Playlist show and it is awesome.

Other reasons to sail on the Miracle: THE best pizza - Thin crust Quatro Fromage with Gorgonzola cheese and a garlic sauce rather than red sauce. Awesome Serenity Deck - a pool, Jacuzzi, clamshells/hammocks/and lots of comfy lounges, a large bar, couches, and lots of tables for eating/reading/chatting. Fewer long lines at the food stations - as there are less people per footage, the ship seems MUCH less crowded. One of the easiest ships to navigate - decks that go all the way through make it less troublesome than many other classes of ship. Excellent itineraries - tho she won't be doing Alaska anymore, Hawaii and the Mexican Riviera are really nice places to go (maybe Acapulco can get added back in some day). Frankenstein's nightclub - 2 stories and smoking allowed ONLY upstairs helps keep the club from being smoky (like soooo many others).

Yes, a lot of these pluses are also found on other Spirit class ships, but those ships aren't on the west coast. I have quite a few days on the Miracle, and it is my favorite ship. It'll be even more favorite if Red Frog serves food. :)

Don't get me wrong, I would be even happier with a Guys, but not getting one doesn't diminish the good already there.

Bob

Somebody asked about the Lido Screen at one of the cruise talks with the CD when I was on last month. He said that because of where they sail (Alaska, Hawaii) they have laws and regulations relating to indigenous wildlife that prevent them from having it.

I'd be surprised if they were not allowed to have them, they are likely controlled as to when they can turn them on.... noise and light pollution they are obnoxious (IMHO :))

Princess ships in Alaska and Hawaii have them.

Just off the Miracle today. LOVED IT! Cruise director Troy (during the VFIP party as well as in morning chat) said that she is getting the 2.0 upgrades, including Guy's and Iguana. I won't mind too much either way. I loved the ship just the way she is. I just hope they don't change too much!