Carnival announces FUN 2.0 for Miracle

jimbo5544

BUMMER! They're adding all the stuff I don't like, (Playlist and Hasbro) and taking away the stuff I do like. (Ticket to Ride, and Big Band) The rest of the additions I could care less about. (Alchemy, Red Frog, Cherry on Top, etc. ) I can take or leave Guys as well. It's O.K., but not a deal breaker for me. Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed. :confused:

"Sky"

The two best parts of 2.0 is Guys and Blue Iguana. The rest I could take or leave it. Dont understand why anyone would want to see a candy store on a cruise ship with all the free desserts they offer.

Saw Ticket to Ride in December on Miracle and so sad that the props will be scrapped in a few weeks for playlist.

along with the Blue Iguana Cantina, Bonsai Sushi, Green Thunder Slide.....very disappointing news for those on this coast who prefer sailing with Carnival.

No Guy's?! No Blue Iguana?! Sad! Why can't the west coast have nice things? ;)

Agreed. For those of us on the west coast this is really our only option and we get Cherry on Top? Really? I was actually looking forward to Guy's Burger and/or the Blue Iguana. Ticket to Ride is better than the playlist production or the Hasboro Game show. Extremely disappointing!

Damn...bummed. Us West Coasters always get the hose. I suppose I am happy that I'm even getting the opportunity to sail on her, again. She's my favorite and we will have a grand time regardless. DH is bummed about Guy's, but I'm vegetarian, so I'm over it. :p

No Guy's?! No Blue Iguana?! Sad! Why can't the west coast have nice things? ;)

I agree. We get old ships, cutbacks on upgrades, no new itineraries. Feel like Cinderella.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

Wonder what his answer would be if someone asked JH why no Guys or Blue Iguana?

Someone did ask. His reply was along the lines of let's see what happens in 2016.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

I agree. We get old ships, cutbacks on upgrades, no new itineraries. Feel like Cinderella.

You got a new ship and could not fill it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

WOW. No Guys or Blue Iguana. And no mention of Waterworks or a Lido screen. What a DISAPPOINTMENT! Who cares about Alchemy bar or a candy store. They might as well skip the dry dock altogether in that case. I was really looking forward to our next cruise on her, but now I'm just sad about it.

I totally agree. We booked the 15 day Hawaii in November thinking that at the very least she would get the problems fixed and add Guy's and Blue Iguana and maybe, just maybe the Dive In. We got nothing we wanted but the issues with speed fixed. Who needs "Cherry on top"? It's a candy shop! This announcement makes me sorry I booked this cruise. I could have had two others crossed of my list or maybe cruised on Princess. Now if I change I will get the deposit hit. Will not like that so I guess I am on the hook. Oh well.... it could have been worse.

The thing that bewilders me is that we were talking to the gal at the future cruise desk on the Miracle and she assured us (it was even in her presentation!) that Miracle would be getting Guys, Blue Iguana and the rest. I almost booked for this November. Glad I didn't! I would have been so upset at being misled!

Thanks for sharing. I don't sail from the West Coast and have no current plans to, so I have no comment on how good or bad the upgrades are. However, I notice that the Playlist shows listed here are completely different than the ones on the Conquest in September. I wonder if it's part of a general rollout of new shows fleetwide or if they will be exclusive to the Miracle.

WOW. No Guys or Blue Iguana. And no mention of Waterworks or a Lido screen. What a DISAPPOINTMENT! Who cares about Alchemy bar or a candy store. They might as well skip the dry dock altogether in that case. I was really looking forward to our next cruise on her, but now I'm just sad about it.

I totally agree. We booked the 15 day Hawaii in November thinking that at the very least she would get the problems fixed and add Guy's and Blue Iguana and maybe, just maybe the Dive In. We got nothing we wanted but the issues with speed fixed. Who needs "Cherry on top"? It's a candy shop! This announcement makes me sorry I booked this cruise. I could have had two others crossed of my list or maybe cruised on Princess. Now if I change I will get the deposit hit. Will not like that so I guess I am on the hook. Oh well.... it could have been worse.

You still get a ship that has a lot of good features and 5 days 5 ports in Hawaii so not all bad. And this is spoken by person just back from screwed up Hawaii trip where we missed Maui.

With all the people on WC wonder why that was?

Prob the recession was going full blast. I as blaming anyone just stating facts. The Splendor was new when she was there and they had to severely discount cabins to fill the ship.

We have sailed on the Miracle several times without any upgrades and still really enjoyed the cruises!

I was looking forward to trying new things but I really don't care about fancy hamburgers or a taco bar!!

I would have liked the sushi place or the outdoor movies!

It also sounds like the production shows are better than the new entertainment but since we really enjoy the comedy shows more , I think we'll still be OK.

It is strange that the Pride got these things and the Miracle didn't ? Perhaps because of the propulsion issues they need time to fix that and don't have enough time to add the other venues???

We are scheduled for the 2nd cruise after the drydock and I plan to still have a good time!!

Hi Jimbo :)

Thank you for your post. When my wife and I booked our 15-day Hawaiian Islands voyage aboard the Miracle we picked a date many months AFTER the dry-dock. We do not sail on ships 6 to 12 months prior to a dry-dock, and at least 2 months post a dry-dock. To us the 2.0 upgrades are irrelevant, and the dry-dock is more important to us. The three most important aspects when we booked our voyage was the itinerary, cabin location, and the fact that the ship was going into a dry-dock soon.

Have a terrific day Jimbo! Thanks for sharing.

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

You know, I was just thinking. The only person I've ever seen in the "Cherry On Top", was the clerk! It can't possibly be a money maker???? :mad:

"SKY"

Based upon my cruise on the Breeze last week???? Yes