Health Form

tvaud

Right. That's nothing like the Princess form. The Princess form has additional questions. The reps check to make sure you've filled it out correctly before you leave the health form table. Here's the form from San Pedro:

It makes sense that they are screening for potential Ebola.

The health form has always been a source of amusement to me. Unless whatever illness one has is noticeable, I imagine they will fill it out honestly given that they may be denied boarding. I also believe in the Easter Bunny! While I certainly do not condone such a situation, I am guessing it happens. At least the cruise lines are trying to keep illnesses from being spread.

The form that link takes you to isn't the form they are using now. A couple of weeks ago you had to fill it out in the presence of a Princess rep and they had to sign or initial it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not really in Florida. I just handed my pre-filled form to the rep & they initialed it. There was no double checking if you filled out the form in front of them or not. Everyone in the crowd was juggling their carry-on luggage, forms & pencils/pens for them to take notice.

Curious if the above link contains the actual form that Princess uses. I thought they had added something about ebola and travel to Africa this past fall?

Plus I don't remember the part about being in contact with confirmed H1N1 cases on the Princess form from last year. Is that on there? There's not even a date range for the H1N1 contact - if I were exposed a year ago, I'd need to check "yes"? Stupid. My husband is a pediatrician, so he's exposed to flu (& god knows what else) every day at his office. I guess he'd have to fib to avoid a complete pain in the rear ordeal before boarding? We're rule-followers, but if he's not exhibiting any symptoms (plus he's had a flu shot), I find it silly to put him through a med check for that question (which is poorly worded in my view).

I guess my point is I'm not sure this is the form Princess uses, so I'd double-check. I hope it works for you, but don't be surprised if they make you fill out a new form when you get there.

UPDATE: I see others has confirmed what I suspected; this is not the correct form.

Edited by luvseaside

Not quite. The form has the date, ship name, port, cabin nbr, printed name, 4 questions and signature line.

It easy to take a dozen of so and have them on hand for the next trip ready to go. It's much easier to have it pre-filled out & ready to hand in. We've been doing it for years without any problems.

If people feel safer to do it standing on line then it's their choice.

I asked the rep the last time if he had any problem with doing it ahead of time & said there was no problem.

That wasn't what I filled out a few weeks ago. There was no port question. Also, we were handed the form individually so no taking a stack from anywhere.

The form link here do not resemble what we had just a few weeks ago.

Truthfully doesn't matter to me what anyone else does just stating my experience.

That wasn't what I filled out a few weeks ago. There was no port question. Also, we were handed the form individually so no taking a stack from anywhere.

The form link here do not resemble what we had just a few weeks ago.

Truthfully doesn't matter to me what anyone else does just stating my experience.

The one that Pam posted in post nbr. 25 was changed to include a Port location otherwise everything else seems the same except that the form is now 2014-10:Rev2 (USA).

Yes, they were handing out the forms individually as people were going through the terminal but there was also a table where a stack of forms were available for the taking.

I just noticed that question #4 was changed slightly to include contact with a health care person.

Edited by Lovetocruiseprincess

Just as accurate or as inaccurate as you want it to be. Just because it's filled out in advance does nothing to prove your health is OK.

I wonder how many people lie on that form when they are filling it out at the pier? It's only as accurate as you are willing to be honest.

I wonder how many people lie on that form when they are filling it out at the pier? It's only as accurate as you are willing to be honest.

The same people that are inconvienced or slowed down by doing it at the port.

Everyone says they fill it out honesty, I have seen cases of people in line sniffling and coughing up a lung, but when they hand in the form they walk right through (guess what they checked out). Because if they didnt lie on the form they would have been sent to another area.

Too bad princess cant spare the time or manpower just even take temperatures of people, that would solve most of the peoblems. Could be done at security while people are shocked they have to have their carryons xrayed like its never been done before, even in the peferred boarding line.

Edited by M4dC0w

Too bad princess cant spare the time or manpower just even take temperatures of people, that would solve most of the peoblems. Could be done at security while people are shocked they have to have their carryons xrayed like its never been done before, even in the peferred boarding line.
They could if they wanted to as the hand scanners have the capability. They used those scanners when we were in Japan with no delay and inconvenience. However, some would consider it an invasion of privacy. And they'd be right. Some people's "normal" temperature is lower or higher than 98.6 and could be construed as having a temperature or being sick. They'd be put into the position of having to prove that's their normal temperature.

Couldn't be more of an invasion of privacy than the xray scanners at airports. When they first started implementing them, their was a privacy issue uproar, not its just part of travelling.

Aslo ifnyiu did not fit the parameters, the few, or sick, could be questioned by someone with medical training. Nothing a quick few questions wont solve.

Regardless, we kmow princess track recordmof enforcing thie own rules that they have implimentted so its a mute point.

Even the forms are a joke, just a liability waiver from their legal department.

Edited by M4dC0w

People wouldn't lie about anything as serious as that. Would they?

IIRC, there's a sentence on that form asking if you've had diarrhea in the past few days. Diarrhea can be caused by any number of things including IBS. I would simply answer no to that question rather than being interrogated about something that is of no threat to anyone. People do lie, that's how they get on board with a cold or flu and spreads it to other passengers. I've been down that road before. Go on board healthy and come off of it sick.