Nicest Cruise Ship, looking from the outside.

Moltar

I still think the Radiance Class looks the best out of all the classes. They look like Yachts to me. The Quantum reminds me of a NCL design, which I hate. What is your favorite class of ship based solely on the exterior look?

I still think the Radiance Class looks the best out of all the classes. They look like Yachts to me. The Quantum reminds me of a NCL design, which I hate. What is your favorite class of ship based solely on the exterior look?

Agreed 100%

Radiance Class. But I also like the look of Freedom and Voyager Class (pre-refurb, before the cabins on deck 12).

Agree. I think the wrecked the front line of the ship with the extra staterooms.

If we're talking purely RCI ships, then yes, Radiance class has my vote also; they have an elegant, classy look.

Overall, however, nothing I have ever seen afloat (w/the exception of some killer private and corporate yachts) can beat any of the Disney ships. They all have the unbeatable look of a very old-school classy ocean liner.

I agree with Radiance Class as the best-looking. The exterior is very nice with the glass walls, and the proportions are more pleasing than those of the larger ships.

But I think the best-looking ships out there are the Disney ones, my favorite from the exterior being the Disney Wonder because I prefer the smaller proportions, and lack of duck-tail (though I'm sure they'll add it in refurb like they did with the Disney Magic)

We are greatly pleased by that thread.

Next week we will board the Jewel, our first RCL cruise after seven cruises on Celebrity. We are a little bit concerned by the quality of the food and service but all the positive comments about the Radiance class on this thread and some others on the forum are very encouraging. You are right, they look nice from the outside and compare well, in size and shape, to the Celebrity Millenium Class that we enjoy a lot. Some pictures of the Centrum look very impressive and we are anxious to be there soon!

Taking into account the lower price, as compared to Celebrity (e.g. a cruise on the Summit leaving San Juan on the same day for a very similar itinerary), we keep our expectations at a reasonable level and expect a very enjoyable cruise with fun excursions. We should also enjoy Diamond privileges due to our Elite status on Celebrity, for example the longer free drinks period (5 to 8 on Royal) as compared to Celebrity.

Edited by vivi9909