Cafe Selects Coffee Card

meh56

We sailed on the Golden in August and received two coffee cards...We have never used them before and one card has two punches and the other has no punches...we are sailing on the Crown later this month and want to know if we can continue to use these cards...On the back it says Golden and a voyage number....Thanks for the help

Its my understanding that the punches will be good, but the card will not be good for any brewed coffee. That is to say any special coffees like lattes or cappuccinos that use the punches will be honored, but if you just want a regular old brewed coffee those were only good for the cruise when the card was purchased.

Guess I'll find out here shortly when I board the Star in February. I have some unused punches from the Emerald from a cruise in 2011 that I didn't use that I will see if I can use on the Star!

Yes, you can continue to use the cards. You can use them for specialty coffees and similar beverages. They will punch the card once for each one.

Officially, the card with two punches cannot be used for the unlimited brewed coffee. However, they don't seem to check very carefully.

When I had a completely unused card from one ship I asked for it to be exchanged for one on the4 new ship and this was done I had to ask 3 times but eventually got the right answer Then you have no probloem with the free drinks

Officially, the card with two punches cannot be used for the unlimited brewed coffee. However, they don't seem to check very carefully.

Maybe in the old days. However, on my last two cruises ()on two different ships, they checked the back of the card first time out and disallowed brewed coffee. Sure, YMMV, but it's my impression there's now increased enforcement of the rules. Next time out, I'm not going to even try to squeak by.

Edited by shepp

They will most likely still give you the fresh-brewed coffee if you ask for it and tell them to use a punch on the card. It seems a bit of a waste of a punch to me but...

I buy a coffee card for my wife but I drink the regular ship coffee.

• 2 months later...
Can someone tell me what the current price is for the coffee card?

Thanks

Café Selects Coffee CardEnjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.Item #524$31.00

Café Selects Coffee CardEnjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.Item #524$31.00

Can two people share a coffee card for the brewed coffee, or will my husband and I need to each have our own coffee card? He likes brewed coffee, and I generally drink lattes.

Can two people share a coffee card for the brewed coffee, or will my husband and I need to each have our own coffee card? He likes brewed coffee, and I generally drink lattes.

2 people can share the punches but the card is meant for one as far as the brewed coffee.

So the card is your husbands for brewed coffee and he can use a punch to get you a latte.

We used two new cards for 49 days on Ruby in February and March and no one ever looked at the back. If they had they would have noticed that they are blank. Sometimes they were used for specialty drinks (punches) and other times for brewed coffee, hot chocolate or tea (free/ not punched).

Terry

Please forgive me for hijacking this thread but my question is coffee related :)

I exchanged my free mini bar set up for 2 coffee cards on our last Princess cruise. They are not stamped on the back and only a few hole punches used, can I use it on my July cruise? Or is it best to get new cards?

Thanks,

Pj

Please forgive me for hijacking this thread but my question is coffee related :)

I exchanged my free mini bar set up for 2 coffee cards on our last Princess cruise. They are not stamped on the back and only a few hole punches used, can I use it on my July cruise? Or is it best to get new cards?

You can use the punches on any cruise. I assume you used the card for brewed coffee in which case, you've already used the unlimited brewed coffee on the card.

You can use the punches on any cruise. I assume you used the card for brewed coffee in which case, you've already used the unlimited brewed coffee on the card.

Thank you. I'll just have to convince my husband that he prefers hot chocolate (included in drink package) so I can use his spare card.

New question. I have a card from a previous cruise with no punches and it is also blank on the reverse (no cruise/date indicated). We're on Regal this coming Sunday for a short, 3-day cruise and I plan to use the card instead of buying a new one. I have no problem with them punching for brewed coffee but do you think they will? Does anyone have experience with this scenario?

Edited by Sea&SkiCruiser

New question. I have a card from a previous cruise with no punches and it is also blank on the reverse (no cruise/date indicated). We're on Regal this coming Sunday for a short, 3-day cruise and I plan to use the card instead of buying a new one. I have no problem with them punching for brewed coffee but do you think they will? Does anyone have experience with this scenario?

The punches can be used on ANY cruise even if it's 5 years later. The fresh brewed coffee is supposed to be for the one person holding the card and for the one cruise for which it was purchased.

The fact is that, since there is no cruise listed on the back of the card and, since the card has not had any punches used, the people serving the coffee have absolutely no way of knowing when the card was purchased and will be happy to serve you fresh brewed coffee without a punch. You can always, of course, tell them you bought the card on a previous cruise - that is up to you. If you don't do that they will have no way of determining that it isn't a card you purchased from Princess in advance of this cruise or from a "station" selling coffee cards.

This sort of question comes up a lot. Personally, I buy the coffee card for my wife and I drink the ship coffee. My wife has fresh brewed coffee and uses the punches. Occasionally she will use an extra punch and get me a specialty coffee as well but I don't have her get me the "free" fresh brewed coffee. Others handle it differently.

The punches can be used on ANY cruise even if it's 5 years later. The fresh brewed coffee is supposed to be for the one person holding the card and for the one cruise for which it was purchased.

Well put -- and succinct.

Now, here's my only question: How can someone who thinks Johnnie Walker Red is gag juice find the ship's coffee palatable?

P.S.: I tried to put one of those smiley faced guys in this, so you'd know it was all in fun, but I guess I'm too technologically challenged to master that.

Jim

Well put -- and succinct.

Now, here's my only question: How can someone who thinks Johnnie Walker Red is gag juice find the ship's coffee palatable?

P.S.: I tried to put one of those smiley faced guys in this, so you'd know it was all in fun, but I guess I'm too technologically challenged to master that.

Jim

Busted!

I have found the Princess coffee to be extremely variable. During one lunch in MDR I commented to my wife that the cup of coffee I was drinking was one of the best I had ever had onboard. When I got the cup refilled a few minutes later I almost spit it out as it was soooooooooooooo bad. The most consistent thing about Princess is the inconsistency.

However, I did spend several months living in a tipi in the Trinity mountains one time in the distant past. (Back when I had lots of hair...) I got used to drinking coffee then, if you know what I mean. Boil it up, toss in a spot of cold water to settle the grounds, drink hearty. Of course in those days we also thought "mushrooms" made for an excellent "start to the day". :eek:

Note: You just click on one of the smiley guys at the right side of the post you are making or you can use text characters such as a colon followed by a right parenthesis. That one will give you the "standard" smiley - like this :) You can make others by varying what comes after the colon such as a capital D which makes this one :D For the one used after the "mushrooms" comment you can use a colon followed by the word eek and then another colon. No spaces for that one. :eek:

Edited by Thrak