Man Overboard Oasis - Picked up by Disney Magic

ryano

We were sailing on Legend (much smaller ship) last spring, and had Gale Force Winds. The ship was rocking back and forth, they blocked off entrances to the promenade. We never saw those waves reach the promenade.

Still, when the ship is in motion, we avoid the outer decks. Usually, it's too cold to be out there when the ship is cruising.

I was having a hard time envisioning the pants-for-a-flotation-device, so I found this on youtube. This guy puts the legs around his neck like a life jacket:

That is very clever. Hopefully I would be wearing long pants if I was in the water for some reason. ;):D

now that the ships is back, I have heard a different scenario. It wasnt from the helipad He seem to have illegally climbed over a balcony and onto a lifeboat and somehow "slipped" off. I'm sure the video tape will be what really happened.

Edited by Trekker954

First, a wave that large would have caused other issues on the ship. This would have had to have been a very LARGE wave (rogue).

Secondly, passengers do not fall off of cruise ships. More than likely they are doing something they shouldn't be or they are intoxicated.

The only part of the story I believe is that he did fall off of a ship.

Exactly! I was on the Explorer of the Seas repo cruise this past November when we got hit with a rogue wave. I happened to be awake when it hit and had things flying off shelves, doors & drawers slamming open & shut AND the ship experienced a bunch of damage. No way this guy got swept overboard by a large wave and no one else experienced anything. I can't believe he thinks anyone would buy that story. :rolleyes:

now that the ships is back, I have heard a different scenario. It wasnt from the helipad He seem to have illegally climbed over a balcony and onto a lifeboat and somehow "slipped" off. I'm sure the video tape will be what really happened.

Thanks, Trekker…now I've finally seen a story that makes some sense! (But it's going to be a stretch for Mr. Walker to figure out who to sue on the dude's behalf with your scenario.:o)

My best guess before reading your post was that the food in the MDR made him suicidal and he'd probably sue the chef and waitstaff for compensation for his emotional distress.

Judy

The only part of the story I believe is that he did fall off of a ship.

I think the railings are too high for someone to actually FALL off of a cruise ship.

And Note to Self: Wear life jacket while wearing bathrobe <without long pants> on balcony. :D;):D

Thanks, Trekker…now I've finally seen a story that makes some sense! (But it's going to be a stretch for Mr. Walker to figure out who to sue on the dude's behalf with your scenario.:o)

My best guess before reading your post was that the food in the MDR made him suicidal and he'd probably sue the chef and waitstaff for compensation for his emotional distress.

Judy

:D

Also perhaps the bar staff that encouraged him to soothe that distress with booze.

Also perhaps the cruise line who failed to place a very large sign on that particular balcony warning one not to climb.

Also perhaps the lifeboat cover manufacturer for failing to slip proof the cover..

:D

Also perhaps the bar staff that encouraged him to soothe that distress with booze.

Also perhaps the cruise line who failed to place a very large sign on that particular balcony warning one not to climb.

Also perhaps the lifeboat cover manufacturer for failing to slip proof the cover..

YEAH…that's it…that's the ticket!! YEAH!! :D (in my mind I hear Jon Lovitz saying that…but in reality it's probably Mr. Walker - I mean that scumbag attorney from Miami!:rolleyes:)

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that this mr walker from Sydney Australia is no relation to the scumbag attorney from Miami :)

Maybe I need to change my screenname lest he sue me? :D

Happy cruising

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that this mr walker from Sydney Australia is no relation to the scumbag attorney from Miami :)

Happy cruising

OMG!:eek: So sorry! I should never have dignified him by calling him your screen name and I do apologize as it was unintentional. Please know no insult was intended!

Okay…so in the future I'll specify "that scumbag Walker from Miami.":p (Hey - I edited my last post!)

He might sue you, though…especially if you work for a cruise line.

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

Happy cruising

Best post EVER!! :p

We have your back. With that said, you just might want to email CC to change your name to avoid any confusion and negative posts :eek:

###

It should be a major embarrassment that a passenger can go overboard without Royal Caribbean detecting that it lost a passenger at sea. Unfortunately, this cruise line has made no efforts to comply with the 2010 Cruise Vessel Safety & Security Act which requires the installation of automatic man overboard systems.

It should be a major embarrassment that a passenger can go overboard without Royal Caribbean detecting that it lost a passenger at sea. Unfortunately, this cruise line has made no efforts to comply with the 2010 Cruise Vessel Safety & Security Act which requires the installation of automatic man overboard systems.

The 22 year old jumped. It's too bad that the cruise lines cannot screen for idiots.

###

But if you slipped off the railing while joining the Balcony Club, you might not be wearing any pants:p

I was sooooo naïve when I read the story about the couple who was rescued and it said they were nekkid. I thought, oh the poor things and how embarrassing that their clothes were ripped off when they hit the water.:o:D

What can RC do to comply? Exactly what do the regulations of the 2010 act require in terms of compliance? What automatic man overboard systems are available for cruise ships? What ships/cruise lines have them now? What penalties are in place for non-compliance, and what are the timelines for compliance? Please share this information with us.

You've quoted the attorney Jim Walker verbatim in your post (from 'The Inquisitr' article of Jan 9, 2015 and from his Jan 9, 2015 website post), although you do not give the author credit for the quote. Now please back up your statement (though to be honest, it's really Jim Walker's statement) and educate us on the regs and the available systems Royal Caribbean should have. We need facts, not quotes.

Thanks!

Judy

P.S. It should also be a major embarrassment to claim somebody else's published words as your own.

Edited by foxgoodrich

What can RC do to comply? Exactly what do the regulations of the 2010 act require in terms of compliance? What automatic man overboard systems are available for cruise ships? What ships/cruise lines have them now? What penalties are in place for non-compliance, and what are the timelines for compliance? Please share this information with us.

You've quoted the attorney Jim Walker verbatim in your post (from 'The Inquisitr' article of Jan 9, 2015 and from his Jan 9, 2015 website post), although you do not give the author credit for the quote. Now please back up your statement (though to be honest, it's really Jim Walker's statement) and educate us on the regs and the available systems Royal Caribbean should have. We need facts, not quotes.

Thanks!

Judy

P.S. It should also be a major embarrassment to claim somebody else's published words as your own.

Apparently OUR Congress has nothing more important to do than worry about people falling off of cruise ships. Just pass a law, that will fix it.

I think the guy was just trying to dodge paying gratuities the last night.

The 22 year old jumped. It's too bad that the cruise lines cannot screen for idiots.

###

No, but they can be forced to spend millions of dollars so they know when the idiots jump overboard. I suppose it won't be long before Congress comes up with a man off the bridge law.:D

No, but they can be forced to spend millions of dollars so they know when the idiots jump overboard. I suppose it won't be long before Congress comes up with a man off the bridge law.:D

another hidden "tax" well all pay for other peoples stupidity....

very sad what we have become where no one thinks they should be held responsible for any of there actions...

Edited by Aintnofun007