MTD does it take long for a beer

ottmar

I won't put my food order in until I get my beer. Past experience has taught me that bar orders are the last things that waiters do.

In the past on other ships I have bought my beer in a bar outside the dining room and brought it in with me but we are on the Oasis and I don't know which deck dining room is the MTD and if a bar is nearby to get my Fosters Oil can (Aussies don't flame me)

I won't put my food order in until I get my beer. Past experience has taught me that bar orders are the last things that waiters do.

In the past on other ships I have bought my beer in a bar outside the dining room and brought it in with me but we are on the Oasis and I don't know which deck dining room is the MTD and if a bar is nearby to get my Fosters Oil can (Aussies don't flame me)

MTD has been deck 5, and there is a pub on the deck 5 promenade.

I would take a beer in with you, particularly to start with.

But for info the waiters don't really do the bar orders, there is a dedicated bar server for each section of the restaurant. As soon as you arrive at your table ask the waiter/assistant to send the bar server over.

If you get to know the bar server (and a little tip helps when they bring your drink) you can then look out for them as you enter the restaurant on subsequent nights and let them know that you want to be served.

On EVERY cruise I tip the bar servers up front in cash.

They ALWAYS watch for me and my Spousal Unit then.

Yes to this - by the 2nd or 3rd (latest) evening the bar guy/girl is at the table right after we are seated taking our order. Plus we also bring a drink into the MDR as others have suggested.... just to hold us until that first one arrives. ;)

Definitely bring your own beer/cocktail in with you. We had MTD on Oasis and we got drinks the first two nights then never saw the drink person again the whole week. Another poor aspect of MTD on this ship among many others such as waiting to get seated and the service just wasn't what it was on other RCI ships.

We had MTD on the oasis in November and DH had the select package. By night 4 the bar server was bringing DH 2 Stella Artois at the beginning of the meal as he knew he would be ordering them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes to this - by the 2nd or 3rd (latest) evening the bar guy/girl is at the table right after we are seated taking our order. Plus we also bring a drink into the MDR as others have suggested.... just to hold us until that first one arrives. ;)

How much of a tip do you give?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My last cruise on the Allure, the Bar Waiter was at my table for traditional dining within minutes of sitting down, and the next night, he had "my" selection unopened and ready just in case I ordered it again. Saved him a trip. He did the same for the other tables around me. On my last cruise, I had MTD and the bar waiter was always around, and I received two drinks per dinner with no issue in speed.

Now comes to the tipping. I had a drink package both times and the tip was included. I never tip extra, especially for beer, and the service was always great.

I always wonder, why people tip extra, as much as 40% that I can see, to bring a drink, but yet the regular waiter/assistant waiter will do so much more work? I say, take that extra $1-$2 dollars and give it to the waiter.

How much of a tip do you give?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It depends on our total bar tab for the dinner and I admittedly overdo it on that first night, to the tune of probably the 30-35%. On subsequent nights, the tip is less but still good so the bar server stays interested and attentive.

Well we are getting the drink package so tip is included but if a $1 top will make the service better I'm happy to do that. $1 sounds cheap though lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

MTD has been deck 5, and there is a pub on the deck 5 promenade.

One other factor possibly steering me to the MTD dark side. While I still love RC, bar service in the dining room does seem to be on the decline.