Emerald-Princess@Sea availability?

reney313

For any recent Emerald cruisers, do you know if there was access to Princess@Sea via the intranet? We would love the option to have the Patter as well as menus in eFormat, if possible.

I am assuming the iPhone app is not available yet for messaging and other functions, but hoping the other is...

Thanks in advance for any info.

For any recent Emerald cruisers, do you know if there was access to Princess@Sea via the intranet? We would love the option to have the Patter as well as menus in eFormat, if possible.

I am assuming the iPhone app is not available yet for messaging and other functions, but hoping the other is...

Thanks in advance for any info.

From what I understand, Princess@Sea is available on these ships:

Caribbean Princess

Coral Princess

Crown Princess

Emerald Princess

Golden Princess

Regal Princess

Royal Princess

Ruby Princess

Sapphire Princess

Princess@Sea was not available on the Emerald when we sailed in December. As we hope to sail her again before she leaves Houston, we are hoping that it is now available!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My contact at Princess assures me that Princess@Sea was installed at the beginning of January on Emerald Princess.

Princess@Sea was not available on the Emerald when we sailed in December. As we hope to sail her again before she leaves Houston, we are hoping that it is now available!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Princess@sea was added the on the Emerald on Dec 20th, the first evening of our Christmas cruise.

but you can't see menus.

We were recently on the Crown and had Princess @ Sea.

We could see our folio and the day's activities.

You can use your iPad, smart phone, tablet computer to access a free section of the internet (on the Crown it was at "crownprincess.com" or something similar.

When you open the internet, it will pop-up (at least it did on my tablet).

Once there you can see a list of the activities that are in the Patter, check your folio (on board account) and a couple of other things that I can't recall.

What is Princess@Sea?

It is a website hosted on the ship's servers that you can access without charge via a browser on your wireless device. On our ship it was http://ruby.princess.com

It shows various aspects of your cruise including days activities, folio charges, etc.

Use is without cost.

One or two ships have an additional feature that allows text communication between passengers. Dunno if this is extra cost or not. Eventually all ships will have this feature.

There is no app to use for this. It is a web based feature, as noted above.

Edited by thinfool

Thank you! This is great news. We often fight over the Patter...and then inevitably I leave it behind somewhere...lol.

We always have our phones on us (mostly for the camera). I love the idea of being able to look up the patter on it while we're out and about.

Bummer about the menus, but I'll live. :p

Thank you! This is great news. We often fight over the Patter...and then inevitably I leave it behind somewhere...lol.

We always have our phones on us (mostly for the camera). I love the idea of being able to look up the patter on it while we're out and about.

Bummer about the menus, but I'll live. :p

Now you have the opportunity to leave your phone somewhere instead of an old Patter. :rolleyes:

No. The Emerald supposedly has Princess@Sea but the messaging hasn't been enabled. So far as I remember, only the Regal and Crown have messaging.

:) Pam

I didn't see the messaging system on the Crown earlier this month. There's a CC article about Carnival launching a similar system & charging $5 per cruise.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6145

Edited by Astro Flyer