How has the paperless Crown and Anchor Coupons worked out for you?

BillOh

I'm 99 days away from my first cruise without the usual Crown and Anchor coupon book. while I've found the book to be of declining value while my status increases, how has the process of getting the coupon's credited?

I think I saw a photo on a review that you get a piece of paper in your cabin on day 1 stating what your coupons are. Do you keep that list and check them off when used? Have you checked back to see if they were credited, or did they show up on receipts? For example buy one get one drink free. getting two and the receipt shows the credit right away?

I'm 99 days away from my first cruise without the usual Crown and Anchor coupon book. while I've found the book to be of declining value while my status increases, how has the process of getting the coupon's credited?

I think I saw a photo on a review that you get a piece of paper in your cabin on day 1 stating what your coupons are. Do you keep that list and check them off when used? Have you checked back to see if they were credited, or did they show up on receipts? For example buy one get one drink free. getting two and the receipt shows the credit right away?

It's nice not having to remember to bring the coupon with you and carry it around. The only think with the drink coupons is sometimes the bartenders don't understand right away or apply it properly. You need to be very specific!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

I am Diamond level and recently cruised aboard the Brilliance of the Seas (Jan. 8 - 12, 2015). Yes, there was a paper in my room indicating that the credits or discounts would be automatically applied. The list indicated a discount on purchases of $25 or more of logo items in the gift shop. I purchased logo items that exceeded this amount. When I signed the payment slip, I noticed that the discount was not automatically applied. When I asked about the discount, the sales clerk said that I should have mentioned the discount before she rang up the items. She then had to void the sales and re-scan all of the items. In this case, the discount was not automatic.

Chuck

I really only use the BOGO drink and sometimes the photo discount. The photo one always seems to be pretty painless the BOGO drink is always a pain my butt to get it applied right.

On balance I much preferred the paper coupons since I only had to carry a couple anyway and it was clear that I was handing it to the bartender to be used and it got taken care of.

I ALWAYS forgot the coupon and left them in the cabin. This is great for someone like me who is too lazy to go back to the cabin to get them. The only down side is that I'm not able to share my coupons with others I meet on the cruise that would use the ones I would not have used.

You see the credits immediately. In other words, if you buy a photo, and have a free coupon, you will get a $0.00 receipt.

That's reassuring, as over dramatic as it may sound, I don't want to have to track the amounts while I'm on vacation.

I'm probably in the minority, but I preferred the paper coupons. If I have to carry around a piece of paper that lists the discounts, I may as well carry the coupon book. Additionally I've had mixed success with getting them automatically applied, like the internet discounts, when I had to go to guest services and get it straightened out, as well as laundry discount coupons...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by niksmom630

Hi,

. When I asked about the discount, the sales clerk said that I should have mentioned the discount before she rang up the items.

Chuck

Ahh, that was what I was wondering, thanks for stating it as you did. I guess the coupon book in general has become of so little importance to me the few I would want to use I can track without two much stress.

We were B2B in November. On both cruises we tried to use BOGO drinks on the first day, but the cards did not seem to be loaded with the coupons yet. They worked fine starting the second day. Yes, we did have to specifically ask for the 'coupon' when ordering.

Edited by BayAreaCruisers

How do you know whats on your card as far as bogo drink photo ect???

You will get a letter in your stateroom with a lost of your coupons. Also, you can ask any bartender to print off a list of your coupons.

We will be on the Jewel in 8 days and I think they still sell internet by the minute. I prefer this because I usually only jump on once a day real quick (by ship's internet standards) to check email. I assume it is the same routine a with the coupons, just show go down to guest services and have the credit applied. We have three in our cabin, each with a $10 credit, will we get $30 credit toward the cabin then?

My first, and only, experience with the paperless coupons was last October and I'm not a fan. Non were ever applied automatically and when we did ask for them to be applied they were applied in the most advantageous way possible for RCI. Without a paper coupon to refer to the fine print we didn't bother complaining.

The photo coupon sticks out. My DW and I purchased two larger and two smaller size photos and he rang them up without applying a discount. We asked for the discount and he wrang two up on my card and two on my DWs card. In both instances we ended up paying for the larger one in full and receiving a discount on the smaller.

I preferred the paper coupons. I have had bar servers apply my drink coupon without asking and it practically took an act of Congress to get it reversed. Sometimes the coupons disappear only to reload later in the cruise. I didn't mind carrying a couple of pieces of paper around.

My first, and only, experience with the paperless coupons was last October and I'm not a fan. Non were ever applied automatically and when we did ask for them to be applied they were applied in the most advantageous way possible for RCI. Without a paper coupon to refer to the fine print we didn't bother complaining.

The photo coupon sticks out. My DW and I purchased two larger and two smaller size photos and he rang them up without applying a discount. We asked for the discount and he wrang two up on my card and two on my DWs card. In both instances we ended up paying for the larger one in full and receiving a discount on the smaller.

so specify what you expect. Not a big deal

We've done several cruises with the list of perks in our cabin, but they never a list of the junior cruiser perks ($ of youth spa, $ of arcade, etc), and I don't seem to think of it until at least half way through the cruise, and then need to go ask someone to print out the list.

Don't know why they can't print the junior cruiser benefits to leave in the stateroom along with the regular list since DD is listed on the manifest for the cabin with us.

My experience.....the system sucks. Half the time you DO NOT get a list of what is available and then you are forced to remember what they are. In one case I asked my room steward for the paper bag of laundry (D+) and they gave it to me...only to charge me $75.00 on my sea pass. I stood in line on the last day to get the refund and was told by 3 people on a 5 day cruise it is not a valid coupon. Fact is, yes it is. I went to the concierge and he said sorry not valid on 5 day...I was like come on man, look it up...he did and then he said..it is taken care of. unnecessary hassles. There was a couple other issues on some other cruises but I assume you get my point.

NOT a fan. We did get the list of the coupon benefits -- along with the literally dozen other notices on Day 1.

When I bought a glass of wine at dinner, the 20% discount was automatically deducted. That's good BUT it was not the most expensive drink for the cruise. I would have preferred to wait to use the "coupon," but didn't want to have to void the charge, start over, etc. I never checked to see if the laundry discount was automatically applied. :o

Many of the other coupons . . . we forgot they even existed. Thus, we didn't avail ourselves of them. That's both good and bad for RCCL, but mostly bad b/c most coupons require you to spend money to save money and we didn't spend (good for us).

One point to note . . . if you prebook and PREPAY your spa appointment on-line before boarding, you CANNOT use your discount coupon. Or so I was told by the spa people. That is a real negative in my book. If you don't book on-line, you may not get the day/time you want. If you do book, you can't use your discount.

Maybe we'll get used to the paperless system but it wasn't terrific the first time.

Edited by ggo85

My experience.....the system sucks. Half the time you DO NOT get a list of what is available and then you are forced to remember what they are. In one case I asked my room steward for the paper bag of laundry (D+) and they gave it to me...only to charge me $75.00 on my sea pass. I stood in line on the last day to get the refund and was told by 3 people on a 5 day cruise it is not a valid coupon. Fact is, yes it is. I went to the concierge and he said sorry not valid on 5 day...I was like come on man, look it up...he did and then he said..it is taken care of. unnecessary hassles. There was a couple other issues on some other cruises but I assume you get my point.

They charged you $75 for a wash & fold bag? It's only $35, as I recall. Maybe even $30.

I'm wondering exactly how to use the B1G1 free drink coupon. I'm not a big drinker so I was hoping to buy a drink or glass of wine one day and have my free drink the next day. Is that how it works? It wouldn't make sense to have to order two drinks at one time for the same person to drink.

Last cruise on the Quantum we had dinner in Chops. Being diamond we are alowed a BOGO on a specialty coffee. When we got the bill, the waiter told us this was no longer the case. So we paid it. Got back to the cabin and read that it was vailid...so we had to walk down to the resturant to have the charge removed. But his was the Quantum, and a lot of stuff is messed up on there. For the most part paperless works, just not always. So I say...RCCL...FIX IT!