Questions about the "suite" life onboard

mamaboss

I agree - not a "wow" but it is one part of a strategy to help justify higher pricing. Same approach is used for tier benefits to justify having a higher tier level - offer soft costs and treatment versus hard costs where ever possible.

We've never used our personalized stationery - we just end up bringing them home and they're around here somewhere...

Since it is not listed as a suite perk I can't see anyone being "wowed" by a few pieces of stationery into spending 3+ times the cost of a mini suite.

Mike:)

Stationary IS listed as a Suite Perk here:

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/PC_StateroomAmenitiesChart.pdf

Page 1 for Royal/Regal, Page 2 for other ships.

The black leather wallet is not well made, but works to keep your cruise card pristine.

I used the other side to carry a piece of paper with me because I never knew if I was exchanging info with someone at lunch in the MDR.

I still feel like an idiot for not using the same day laundry service though.

Edited by cflutist

Stationary IS listed as a Suite Perk here:

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/PC_StateroomAmenitiesChart.pdf

Page 1 for Royal/Regal, Page 2 for other ships.

The black leather wallet is not well made, but works to keep your cruise card pristine.

I used the other side to carry a piece of paper with me because I never knew if I was exchanging info with someone at lunch in the MDR.

I still feel like an idiot for not using the same day laundry service though.

Thanks, I had not seen that comparison page before.

Yes the wallets used to be made of leather and were very nice. We have saved a few of them but discard the ones now left in the suites.

Don't feel like an idiot, just use the PRESTO service if you need to. We only use it when necessary to get clothes back the same day and not every time we send out laundry.

I agree. We only use Presto when we need it and try to be considerate of others needing it as well as the staff doing it when we don't. If everyone only used it when needed it would be easier on everyone else to get theirs when they did need it...

Exactly!

I'm sure abuse had something to do with suite passengers losing unlimited internet.

I am still not happy over that loss.

I agree. We only use Presto when we need it and try to be considerate of others needing it as well as the staff doing it when we don't. If everyone only used it when needed it would be easier on everyone else to get theirs when they did need it...

We had four changes of underwear, socks, etc. so I don't feel too stupid for only requesting next day laundry. I thought of packing just 3 of them, but hubby thought better to bring an extra just in case laundry service was backed up. We traveled with one carryon and a backpack each, so we were ok.

So spoiled with suite life that we booked a 15-day to Hawaii in 2016 in a PH suite again.

But I will say that I gained more weight on this cruise than others, must have been all of the good breakfast food in Sabatini's. Oh, and the UBD was fabulous.

It's Princess fault because you neglected to make the choice that you wanted?:confused:

No I never said it was Princess's fault. I simply said that since same-day service is available as one of the options then it should be the default option automatically for suites. Suites have priority on just about everything else on the ship so suite laundry should be a same-day priority as well. There shouldn't have to be an option to select. But in my original reply I was trying to let the OP know that there are 2 options and to be sure to select the right one.

The option is good so not everyone uses same day when it's not needed which increases the likelihood it's done in the same day for those that do need it.

We're in suites and we often don't select same day when we don't need it so those that do can get it. And we, of course, hope others do the reverse so it helps us get ours same day when we really do need it.

Choice is good...

Personally, I think the stationery is a waste of resources as you will be home (unless you are on a 20+ day cruise) long before any letter from the ship would reach your intended recipient.

I thought it was nice. I used it to write down each days activities so someday i can read it and maybe remember. It's so easy to forget all the things you learn or got to see.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

Exactly!

I'm sure abuse had something to do with suite passengers losing unlimited internet.

I heard that was the exact reason. We were bummed but then thoroughly enjoyed being away from our smartphones.

I heard that was the exact reason. We were bummed but then thoroughly enjoyed being away from our smartphones.

I would love to use my phone on the ship to take pics but am so afraid of somehow incurring a charge! Airplane mode totally takes care of that issue?

Exactly!

So why doesn't Princess offer some Internet minutes for suite pax as they do for Platinum and Elite? You get double minibar if Elite. We swapped out much of the alcohol for Cokes but still took 10 of those mini bottles home, btw, both were set up when we arrived.

Internet minutes used to be a suite perk but it was discontinued a couple of years ago.

In fact, we were on the Grand and they disallowed them even though they were part of our suite perks when we booked. So I had to show Pax Services my booking doc and they reinstated the minutes but told us we were the very last cruise to get them.

Actually the laundry form has two choices:

1) PRESTO-same day service, in by 900 back by 500pm

2) NEXT DAY-laundry returned the next evening.

There is no charge for either when occupying a suite.

I just called Princess and spoke to Customer Relations and was told that the "official" policy is that Same Day Laundry service in a full suite is NOT complimentary. Consider yourselves fortunate that you received it.

I did get a small credit on our next sailing since we did not receive the "Enhanced turndown service with six decadent chocolate dipped strawberries or wrapped chocolates presented on a silver tray" on our two formal nights. We received the two chocolates on our pillow instead.

We did receive the nightly canapés though.

I just called Princess and spoke to Customer Relations and was told that the "official" policy is that Same Day Laundry service in a full suite is NOT complimentary. Consider yourselves fortunate that you received it.

You are really not going to be happy until you get that perk removed from suite benefits, are you?

It has been stated many times from people with first hand experience what the policy is and you don't believe it. Why bother with Cruise Critic?

I would say that if you called Santa Clarita 3 times you would get 3 different answers but that has been reported ad nauseum.

And while on the topic of suite benefits, the afternoon tea is for occupants of the suite and not intended for the suite passengers to entertain a roll call at their expense. Although we have never used that perk I can see it disappearing in the future.

Hi,

I am booked for an owners suite in april on the Crown and was wondering ..How big are the TV's? they look rather small....are they or is that just perspective?

Looking at the few pics I have found the tv ' s look like the same size as any other cabin, not as large as Royal / Regal.

And while on the topic of suite benefits, the afternoon tea is for occupants of the suite and not intended for the suite passengers to entertain a roll call at their expense. Although we have never used that perk I can see it disappearing in the future.

Well, since it is my favorite suite perk, I must make a comment. First of all it will never disappear as long 3:30 afternoon tea is offered. Have you been to afternoon tea B4 in the dinning room? If so, just imagine them putting these items on a few plates and sending them to your room, hot water and a few tea bags. Often the same items are in the international cafe....except the scones and some cookies so it is a very inexpensive perk and Princess is probably happy to entertain as many as possible. It is not like you are having dinner for a group.

And regarding dinner in suites OP we have not had good success(Sapphire and Golden) so if we wanted to eat on our balcony we went to the buffet and brought food back. Disadvantage with the suites, no dining table inside.

What I see disappearing is the flowers.....

Edited by land lover

Sabattini's is nice for breakfast because it is a small private dining room. Only suite passengers are allowed. My two cruises have been in window suites so we have been lucky to be able to have breakfast here. They also serve for no charge mimosas.

And the food is light years ahead of the MDR in terms of quality and offerings. That is our favorite suite perk.

Simply....... if you haven't had a suite B4 you need to do it and find out for yourself.

My favorite perks having afternoon tea on the balcony and bath salts in the giant tub....I also loved the floral arrangements and rose filled bud vases in the bath. In our last suite we had the most perfect red rose.

Yes, I like the little things where I can stay in and enjoy my suite.

Breakfast was probably the least of interest to us........

and the suites are big so expect to loose things.....;)

The floral arrangements went away last year.:( Now you get a potted orchid and the bathroom flowers are carnations (which I prefer to roses).

The shampoo they now provide is simply dreadful - I was never a big fan of the eucalyptus stuff, but at least I could comb my hair after using it. The new stuff is suitable only for washing my undies.

Having whined a bit about those two items, I will say that I love it when we can stay in a full suite. The larger cabin and other amenities make the experience very special indeed.

Well, since it is my favorite suite perk, I must make a comment. First of all it will never disappear as long 3:30 afternoon tea is offered. Have you been to afternoon tea B4 in the dinning room? If so, just imagine them putting these items on a few plates and sending them to your room, hot water and a few tea bags. Often the same items are in the international cafe....except the scones and some cookies so it is a very inexpensive perk and Princess is probably happy to entertain as many as possible. It is not like you are having dinner for a group.

And regarding dinner in suites OP we have not had good success(Sapphire and Golden) so if we wanted to eat on our balcony we went to the buffet and brought food back. Disadvantage with the suites, no dining table inside.

What I see disappearing is the flowers.....

Nope never been to tea in the DINING room and the flowers have been gone for a while from suites.

We have never had trouble with in suite dining in over ten years.:confused: