Questions about the "suite" life onboard

mamaboss

Usually one gets a glass of "champagne" with a mini instead of a bottle.

Which ship was giving out individual bottles?

Mike:)

So...does that mean there is an open glass of "champagne" sitting on a desk in your cabin going flat and is at room temperature? Not much of a perk!

You would think that it would be far more practical and sanitary to use those mini bottles that are in essence a "glass" of bubbly chilling in an ice bucket or in the fridge. You mean they don't do this??

So...does that mean there is an open glass of "champagne" sitting on a desk in your cabin going flat and is at room temperature? Not much of a perk!

You would think that it would be far more practical and sanitary to use those mini bottles that are in essence a "glass" of bubbly chilling in an ice bucket or in the fridge. You mean they don't do this??

It usually means the steward will have an open bottle of that swill they use for the champagne waterfall and will pour you a couple of glasses upon arrival at your cabin.

I have not witnessed the use of individual bottles for mini suites.

It usually means the steward will have an open bottle of that swill they use for the champagne waterfall and will pour you a couple of glasses upon arrival at your cabin.

I have not witnessed the use of individual bottles for mini suites.

I have usually received the small bottles. I don't remember the last time I received a poured glass. I think it would be too complicated for the steward to try to pour glasses when people are arriving at different times. What would he do with the open bottle after pouring the first two glasses?

One time when my extended family had three mini-suites with the connecting balcony doors opened, we received one full size bottle of champagne for the entire group.

On the first leg of last cruise we were in a suite and got the bottles and then we went to a mini suite for the second half and received nothing. (I'm sure due to noro they were very busy) In the past when we were in mini's the steward brought us each a glass of undrinkable champagne. This was 2 years ago, maybe they changed from glasses to the bottles?