Questions about the "suite" life onboard

mamaboss

Also I must comment since this thread is still alive

Our room stewarts in Princess suites have always been mediocre. We have always had aft suites which means the stewarts are taking care of several regular cabins too..I don't know if that makes it more difficult then lets say a group of suites on Caribe, but I have always had to be proactive.....which on other cruise lines has not been the case.

Well so far so good. I don't care about flowers. I only watch TV when going to bed at night and I am so exhausted by that time the size doesn't matter, lol. I will order room service to try it, if I am not happy I will go to buffet or dining room. I assume the suite mini bar set up is the same as elites receive? More than the perks I am happy to experience the suite life just once!

Our room stewarts in Princess suites have always been mediocre. We have always had aft suites which means the stewarts are taking care of several regular cabins too..I don't know if that makes it more difficult then lets say a group of suites on Caribe, but I have always had to be proactive.....which on other cruise lines has not been the case.

No difference in the steward's assignments as they have numerous cabins in addition to the suites whether they be amidships or aft.

Mike:)

Well so far so good. I don't care about flowers. I only watch TV when going to bed at night and I am so exhausted by that time the size doesn't matter, lol. I will order room service to try it, if I am not happy I will go to buffet or dining room. I assume the suite mini bar set up is the same as elites receive? More than the perks I am happy to experience the suite life just once!

Mini bar setup is the same for elite passengers as suites.

Flowers gone? meaning 2014 or 13 my last suite Nov in 2013...maybe I should not be responding since I haven't been in a suite since then.:o

I really didn't realize it had been that long.....over a year...

well I have visited others who have had a suite just last month....and come to think of it, I noticed the carnations and the orchid, just figured it was the Emerald.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Edited by land lover

Well, since it is my favorite suite perk, I must make a comment. First of all it will never disappear as long 3:30 afternoon tea is offered. Have you been to afternoon tea B4 in the dinning room? If so, just imagine them putting these items on a few plates and sending them to your room, hot water and a few tea bags. Often the same items are in the international cafe....except the scones and some cookies so it is a very inexpensive perk and Princess is probably happy to entertain as many as possible. It is not like you are having dinner for a group.

And regarding dinner in suites OP we have not had good success(Sapphire and Golden) so if we wanted to eat on our balcony we went to the buffet and brought food back. Disadvantage with the suites, no dining table inside.

What I see disappearing is the flowers.....

Yes, when I called room service to inquire about afternoon tea in our suite, they said absolutely no problem ordering tea for 20 and that they would be happy to do it. Had they said no, only for yourselves and maybe two other guests, I would have completely understood.

I thought that our room steward was excellent. He told us that in addition to 5 PH suites on the Caribe deck, he had 13 other cabins to clean everyday. He had ours cleaned everyday by the time we got back from Sabatini's. He also had the fruit replenished before we got back too. Brought the DVDs we had ordered at the end of his shift each night.

He was not a chatty person, but he did work hard (and was tipped above the Auto Gratuity at the end of the cruise).

The televisions are all the same size.

Maybe since it is mounted higher it appeared smaller.

Nope, maybe in your suite, but not in ours on the Star Princess last week.

The one in the sitting area was definitely larger than the one in the bedroom. Also the one in the sitting area was larger than 20 - 22" as it was larger than the 27" computer monitor that I am looking at on my desk right now. :D

Hey...don't be so easy about it....of course we can ALL do for ourselves...but we are not paying to do for ourselves....we can get that at home!

I have only had 2 cruises out of the 9 where the steward was not up to par and I can do for myself so I don't ask for much. Hopefully this won't be the case.

Have a wonderful "suite life" cruise, Mamaboss.....I was curious what itinerary you were going on and late last night(I need a life) skimmed the CB thread you started. How interesting that your wish came true, obviously it will be a magical time for you and your family how can it not be everything is falling into place. Enjoy your back to back,a full and mini suite. Bon Voyage!

Thank you land lover! We thought we died and went to heaven when we snagged mini's for 20.00 less than the balconies we booked but this is of course far better! Wasn't a free upgrade but a upsell at 229.00 PP. I was comfortable with that extra cost as we were going to buy the thermosuite anyway so that brought the cost down further. There were a few of us on the roll call that noticed quite a few suites open yet and yes we were all hoping to win the suite lottery! I am sure we will have a wonderful time.