Questions about the "suite" life onboard

mamaboss

Princess sent us an upsell offer from our mini to a penthouse suite on our upcoming CB cruise, which we took. I have been trying to gather info on pics, benefits etc. I did find the PDF of perks which was very informative but I have some questions if anyone can answer:

* I have previously seen in some reviews Sabatini’s is a must for. breakfast. Can anyone tell me why?

* Our suite is R408 on CB, anyone experience lots of noise from above lido deck?

* Does booking a suite get you a better embarking process or irrelevant if your platinum?

* Does the suite have more receptacles for electronics since it's bigger?

* Anyone having had experience with laundry on a 5 day, does it take more than 24 hours usually?

* If you don't want the little liquor bottles for minibar set up what can you exchange it for?

Thank you so much!:)

We sent out laundry on our 3- and 4-day cruises a few weeks ago on the CB and everything came back the next day. We were not in a suite--just using our Elite laundry benefit.

You can exchange the bottles of liquor for water or soft drinks. If you want to exchange your whole mini bar setup, you can trade everything in for one bottle of wine, 8 1.5 liter bottles of water, or 2 coffee cards.

Sabattini's is nice for breakfast because it is a small private dining room. Only suite passengers are allowed. My two cruises have been in window suites so we have been lucky to be able to have breakfast here. They also serve for no charge mimosas.

Was on the Coral in November for the 11-day Panama Canal Partial in suite C704. Sabatini's was great for breakfast. Practically anything you want and cooked to order. Also, we were there early most mornings and usually had the place to ourselves. A few mornings there was one other couple.

As far as embarking we went to the suite/elite line and went right to the counter with no waiting.

I think there were more outlets than would be in a smaller cabin. Still not enough though it seemed.

When you use the laundry there are 2 options to select from on the form. 1-day and 2-day. Be sure to check 1-day. If you don't the default is 2-day service. I complained to Princess that since 1-day and 2-day service are both available with no charge for suites the default option should be 1-day service.

In the minibar the liquor can be exchanged for any other type of liquor. Same with the beer, any other available type of beer as far as I know. The non-alcoholic drinks can be exchanged for any other non-alcoholic drinks. I'm not a scotch drinker so I only exchanged the scotch for more gin. If you don't want any of the liquor minis I'm not sure what you could get for them. Maybe someone else will know.

You will benefit from suite status when boarding, you will be able to enjoy the suite/elite lounge area if you arrive before embarkation begins, and will be among the very first to embark.

Breakfast in Sabatini's - the major reason we book a suite. Service is outstanding, complimentary mimosas, espresso based beverages, brewed coffee, prepared to order items. The poached egg on top of roasted potatoes with hollandaise is our favorite. They will have just about anything available for you - maybe not the first morning, but if you ask, it will be there the second morning.

I notice you are doing a b2b so on turnaround day Sabatini's will not be available for breakfast but you can order it ensuite from the full breakfast menu. Not quite as good, but much better than worrying about finding breakfast elsewhere.

We generally find there are enough outlets in the suites, but we still take outlet expanders with us so we don't have to worry about needing multiple outlets for chargers, and using our electronics.

Enjoy.......

Edited by ggprincess2004

Princess sent us an upsell offer from our mini to a penthouse suite on our upcoming CB cruise, which we took. I have been trying to gather info on pics, benefits etc. I did find the PDF of perks which was very informative but I have some questions if anyone can answer:

* I have previously seen in some reviews Sabatini’s is a must for. breakfast. Can anyone tell me why?

Everything is prepared just before serving! No Heat Lamps///

* Our suite is R408 on CB, anyone experience lots of noise from above lido deck?

We were on the CB the fall of '13 and while there was AM noise it was limited. Mainly, the crew rearranging the chairs from MUTS the night before! R415 – PH, Suite on the Riviera Deck ~ 14 and loved it.

* Does booking a suite get you a better embarking process or irrelevant if your platinum?

Yes, but we recommend a 6-outlet surge protector cord!

* Anyone having had experience with laundry on a 5 day, does it take more than 24 hours usually?

Suite passengers get special service so it has never been an issue.

* If you don't want the little liquor bottles for minibar set up what can you exchange it for?

You can make a multitude of change options. Once on board, Call and make your selections.

Trust the "Suite Life" because it is worth every penny! :D (I should say dollar!) :eek:

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

Simply....... if you haven't had a suite B4 you need to do it and find out for yourself.

My favorite perks having afternoon tea on the balcony and bath salts in the giant tub....I also loved the floral arrangements and rose filled bud vases in the bath. In our last suite we had the most perfect red rose.

Yes, I like the little things where I can stay in and enjoy my suite.

Breakfast was probably the least of interest to us........

and the suites are big so expect to loose things.....;)

Edited by land lover

Thank you all so much! Excellent answers. Guess we will plan on Sabatini’s for B-fast! Hmmmm, wonder if I can get waffles? I will sure try! Something else I forgot to ask, do you get the bottles of shampoo etc? I read on a review in the suites they give you small bottles but it was a very old review.

We are very excited to experience a suite. Hopefully we won't be spoiled on it to badly!

We were upgraded to a PH on the Golden 2 years ago and thought we had gone to heaven. The breakfast at Sabbatini's was the best - look for the BELT - bacon, egg, lettuce and tomato sandwich and the mimosa's which are great. The service in the PH was also awesome. Enjoy!

Barbara

The best part of Sabatini's - mimosas, fresh squeezed OJ, espresso drinks, and here are your waffles. Eggs were all cooked to order.

To our surprise, we ordered room service for the two days that we had early shorex, and they came with table cloth, and the same cooked to order eggs (I thought we might get the pre-made ones from HC). You can also order full room service on debarkation morning.

Yes, you get all kinds of bath goodies, including tubes of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. There are also bath salts in a container near the tub, and a container of Q-tips and cotton balls, in addition to all the stuff shown in this picture.

Enjoy, we sure felt pampered in our PH suite.

830777064_breakfastdrinks20150106_063932.jpg.a4268d9a66bd85f586c063ef6db4483f.jpg

422797438_waffles20150109_064754.jpg.e4a56afe4569efab7d1caa9620f6688a.jpg

991587155_bathgoodiesIMG_9275.jpg.9a81eec4929d956723fbacd22ba6a0f6.jpg

2066952580_tubIMG_9270.jpg.4d86b528a896c3ab89cea9c032fd78d9.jpg

Edited by cflutist

We have only taken one cruise and it was a suite. We will probably not do anything else. It is too good!

We did not LOVE Sabitinis because it just took so long every day. We went 3 times I think. The BELT is good ( I got no egg-allergy) and they did have waffles a few days. They are genuine belgian, not like the american kind and very delicious. They learn your name right away so that is very nice and you get offered pastries and juice before you even get started and it sounds like you don't drink so the mimosas won't matter but you can have high end coffee drinks without the coffee card. My personal breakfast recommendation: the alpine mueslix!! I was in love with it! We ended up doing room service about 3 times i think. It was GREAT! no waiting and got their at the top of the time frame we chose. You can order as much as you like and suites get a larger room service menu so several things that are on Sabitinis. One day we ordered 6 orange juices because we had a bottle of champagne in the room lol I got my Mueslix twice this way! DH says his eggs were cold though most days.

We didn't get any special treatment when trying to get off the ship but we were told you do get it if you have a tender point. We will find out in March on our next cruise. When we reached our final destination we got to wait in the elite lounge in the Wheelhouse bar with pastires and coffee in silver tea pots and when we walked past everyone else to disembark everyone looked like they were in steerage lol. That was VERY different.

I heard bad things about the laundry shirnking or getting holes so I washed my own clothes but we had things pressed and they did a spectacular job.

Plenty of outlets although we also had a travel surge protector. Plenty without it though. I loved the giant balcony with 2 sets of doors. We did the canapes several nights....weren't very good honestly. We totally forgot to take advantage of the Tea but I very much wanted to! Next time!

We did take advantage of the premium reservations for suite guests and never waited once.

We originally were going to do a mini and so glad we decided to upgrade.

When you use the laundry there are 2 options to select from on the form. 1-day and 2-day. Be sure to check 1-day. If you don't the default is 2-day service. I complained to Princess that since 1-day and 2-day service are both available with no charge for suites the default option should be 1-day service.

Actually the laundry form has two choices:

1) PRESTO-same day service, in by 900 back by 500pm

2) NEXT DAY-laundry returned the next evening.

There is no charge for either when occupying a suite.

Mike:)

Actually the laundry form has two choices:

1) PRESTO-same day service, in by 900 back by 500pm

2) NEXT DAY-laundry returned the next evening.

There is no charge for either when occupying a suite.

Mike, can you please show me this in writing where you can get complimentary same day laundry service in a suite? That was one of my comments on the survey I just filled out. Since were Elite in a Suite, they should offer same day service for free. Our room steward told us that there would be a charge for same day service. We would have received next day laundry as an Elite passenger in any other cabin category.

We just booked a 15-day to Hawaii, again in a PH suite, so I want to be prepared next time. Thanks.

Made to order breakfast. Yummy cappuccinos and lattes (no punch need!), mimosas, fresh squeezed OJ, quiet, immediate seating and service... need I say more!

This one, I cannot answer. But please report back and let us know.

Depending on how many Elite and Platinums there are in Preferred Boarding, they may stagger the boarding process. If that is the case, Suites go first.

Yes. Most suites have 2 desks and each of those desks has at least one outlet. I also think the wet bar may have an outlet.

* Anyone having had experience with laundry on a 5 day, does it take more than 24 hours usually?Laundry turn around can be a bit slow. We found it was about a two day turn around on our 7 day. Then on the last day, we got all of our laundry back in increments.

Soda and water on a one to one basis; or one bottle of wine; or two coffee cards.

See answers above in red. Enjoy your suite!:)

Mike, can you please show me this in writing where you can get complimentary same day laundry service in a suite? That was one of my comments on the survey I just filled out. Since were Elite in a Suite, they should offer same day service for free. Our room steward told us that there would be a charge for same day service. We would have received next day laundry as an Elite passenger in any other cabin category.

We just booked a 15-day to Hawaii, again in a PH suite, so I want to be prepared next time. Thanks.

On our British Isles cruise, by then addicted to the suite life, our steward told us that the suite perk was only for next day when we passed him in the hallway. We politely said ok thanks and went into the privacy of our room before calling guest services to double check. They assured us that no, he was wrong and that the perk does include free same day service. We always checked same day on the form and I don't think we were ever charged or at least it showed as a charge and then negated as a credit back.

Your steward was misinformed.

If this was your first cruise you could have received same day laundry service due to the fact you were occupying a suite. Once again, all you have to do is fill out the laundry ticket and mark it PRESTO and there will be no charge.

If you check the suite benefits and the elite benefits you will see they both include free laundry BUT the elite benefits have asterisks noting "excludes same day service" whereas the suite benefits have no such disclaimer.

The steward has no clue whether or not it is a charge item, only the laundry.

On our British Isles cruise, by then addicted to the suite life, our steward told us that the suite perk was only for next day when we passed him in the hallway. We politely said ok thanks and went into the privacy of our room before calling guest services to double check. They assured us that no, he was wrong and that the perk does include free same day service. We always checked same day on the form and I don't think we were ever charged or at least it showed as a charge and then negated as a credit back.

Exactly!

The steward has nothing to do with billing.

Wow! A wealth of info! Thank you Cheryl for the pics! My mouth is watering! Laundry same day would be fantastic! We could get it done day before departure and be set for the next leg instead of spending part of our day in the laundromat! I also just read that suites have free use of thermosuite? I probably saved half of the upsell cost right there! This is getting more exciting people!

Now I am getting excited I am leaving on a cruise on Saturday...where is my upsell...:):D

Regarding laundry.. we have never had shrinkage but, last cruise one of DH's shirts came back with a rip and they did address it with a note saying it was already there...I put his shirts in the laundry bag and didn't notice a rip but my DH says when dress shirts get old those kinds of rips happen...all his shirts go to the laundry at home so I figured he didn't care so why should I, but it did bother me that they said it was already there, when I could swear it wasn't.

So I would suggest taking a good look at your clothing or maybe even take a photo b4 it goes out.

This last crusie I did take a photo, just so I knew what I sent out, unfortunately his shirts were folded so where the rip was would not have shown. I know it wasn't there:p:)

Yes, free use of the Thermal Suite. On the Star, it consisted of hot/warm stone beds, dry sauna, aromatic steam room, regular steam room, and rain showers (we have these at home but hubby wanted to try it anyway, but found that it had cold water, well at least at the beginning).

Read somewhere on CC that you should go up to the Lotus Spa to get a sticker for your card. We did this, and were told that they like to keep it to 40 passengers max.

Your steward was misinformed.

If this was your first cruise you could have received same day laundry service due to the fact you were occupying a suite. Once again, all you have to do is fill out the laundry ticket and mark it PRESTO and there will be no charge.

If you check the suite benefits and the elite benefits you will see they both include free laundry BUT the elite benefits have asterisks noting "excludes same day service" whereas the suite benefits have no such disclaimer.

The steward has no clue whether or not it is a charge item, only the laundry.

Thanks Mike, I see on the Suite Benefits document that it does say "complimentary laundry" but doesn't specify one or two day. Oh well, live and learn. Will definitely ask the PSD before sending laundry out again while in a suite.

Now I am getting excited I am leaving on a cruise on Saturday...where is my upsell...:):D

Regarding laundry.. we have never had shrinkage but, last cruise one of DH's shirts came back with a rip and they did address it with a note saying it was already there...I put his shirts in the laundry bag and didn't notice a rip but my DH says when dress shirts get old those kinds of rips happen...all his shirts go to the laundry at home so I figured he didn't care so why should I, but it did bother me that they said it was already there, when I could swear it wasn't.

So I would suggest taking a good look at your clothing or maybe even take a photo b4 it goes out.

This last crusie I did take a photo, just so I knew what I sent out, unfortunately his shirts were folded so where the rip was would not have shown. I know it wasn't there:p:)

Hope you have a wonderful cruise! Thank you for the laundry tips! I won't have much to send but I will photograph it!