Questions about the "suite" life onboard

mamaboss

Yes, free use of the Thermal Suite. On the Star, it consisted of hot/warm stone beds, dry sauna, aromatic steam room, regular steam room, and rain showers (we have these at home but hubby wanted to try it anyway, but found that it had cold water, well at least at the beginning).

Read somewhere on CC that you should go up to the Lotus Spa to get a sticker for your card. We did this, and were told that they like to keep it to 40 passengers max.

I travel with my 89 yr old mom and she always wants to purchase the thermosuite so she can lay on the stone lounger. You would think at her age it would hurt but she says it's the best ever. We will go up there soon after boarding and get stickers. Thanks again!

The best part of Sabatini's - mimosas, fresh squeezed OJ, espresso drinks, and here are your waffles. Eggs were all cooked to order.

To our surprise, we ordered room service for the two days that we had early shorex, and they came with table cloth, and the same cooked to order eggs (I thought we might get the pre-made ones from HC). You can also order full room service on debarkation morning.

Yes, you get all kinds of bath goodies, including tubes of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. There are also bath salts in a container near the tub, and a container of Q-tips and cotton balls, in addition to all the stuff shown in this picture.

Enjoy, we sure felt pampered in our PH suite.

Cheryl,

Thanks for those great pix.

We have been fortunate enough to be able to get a suite on a couple of cruises, and have thoroughly enjoyed all the wonderful perks.

However, I was wondering what kind of drinks are those tri-colored ones? They look delicious. I always order espressos and cappuccinos when we are fortunate enough to have a suite. I have never seen those drinks, but they sure look yummy.

My hubby loves all the wonderful pastries -- and the mimosas with fresh squeezed orange juice. One feels so pampered by the wait staff in Sabatini's. It is a great place to start your morning.

We are doing a b2b this coming October out of San Francisco (California Coastal and Hawaii) and are so excited about getting a window suite. This is the cruise that will give us our elite status.

I will definitely have to look into the PRESTO laundry service. This was such an informative thread. Thanks for all the good info.

Cheryl,

Thanks for those great pix.

We have been fortunate enough to be able to get a suite on a couple of cruises, and have thoroughly enjoyed all the wonderful perks.

However, I was wondering what kind of drinks are those tri-colored ones? They look delicious. I always order espressos and cappuccinos when we are fortunate enough to have a suite. I have never seen those drinks, but they sure look yummy.

My hubby loves all the wonderful pastries -- and the mimosas with fresh squeezed orange juice. One feels so pampered by the wait staff in Sabatini's. It is a great place to start your morning.

We are doing a b2b this coming October out of San Francisco (California Coastal and Hawaii) and are so excited about getting a window suite. This is the cruise that will give us our elite status.

I will definitely have to look into the PRESTO laundry service. This was such an informative thread. Thanks for all the good info.

One was a café mocha, and the other a caramel latte. The waitress from Poland sure knew how to make them pretty (and delicious after they were stirred up).

Edited by cflutist

Sabattini's is nice for breakfast because it is a small private dining room. Only suite passengers are allowed. My two cruises have been in window suites so we have been lucky to be able to have breakfast here. They also serve for no charge mimosas.

That is the same expierence we had when in a suite. It was a very nice benefit.

Sabatini's for breakfast is fantastic and no better way to start a great cruise day. The food, the setting, the relaxing atmosphere, and the service are all exceptional.

Suite laundry always back the next day. We've also done comp same-day laundry.

Suite boarding is nice.

We've never needed more outlets and never take a power strip, etc. Guess we're ok simply plugging in things a few at a time. :- )

Edited by KruzeKrazy!

Actually the laundry form has two choices:

1) PRESTO-same day service, in by 900 back by 500pm

2) NEXT DAY-laundry returned the next evening.

There is no charge for either when occupying a suite.

Mike:)

Thanks for this clarification Mike, I now can leave a spare day blouse home, and get it laundered. The cruise is only 2 nights Melbourne-Sydney, but I will experience 2 upgraded air terminals, the "notorious Melbourne Rip re possible seasickness" and fly from Sydney to Adelaide on an airline new to me. I am trying to multi-task clothing wherever possible, hoping to get away with a carry on and medium sized cases, which I should be able to safely handle on my walking frame. Have struggled with the large case, so trying to downsize.

Cruise Critic Forum members have an uncanny knack of posting the very information that is most helpful to me, BEFORE I even realise I need the information! I'm planning to take copious nites and photographs on board the Golden Princess, and post on another site of which I am a member. Hopefully I can inspire several people to look at taking a cruise.

Crochetcruise :cool:

Of course they will serve tea in your room...but do they charge if you are hosting a group for tea?

We hosted afternoon tea in our suite for some of our Roll Call members, and this is what Room Service brought: (way too much food)
Edited by LabGuy64

Of course they will serve tea in your room...but do they charge if you are hosting a group for tea?

No they did not. Based on RSVPs from our M&G, I ordered for 20 people along with their choices of tea, 5 cancelled the day of, and 2 no shows.

We like the op are excited to have our next two cruises in a suite,though it is a back cornor on the a deck. We thank everyone for the input and

look forward to our boarding this week. We now know what to except.

Yes, everyone has been such a wealth of info! Enjoy your suite! Let us know how you enjoy your perks!

Something else, I thought I read quite awhile ago that suites get an extra cruise credit. If so I wonder if the upsell and upgraded suites do also? Anyone know?

Yes, everyone has been such a wealth of info! Enjoy your suite! Let us know how you enjoy your perks!

Something else, I thought I read quite awhile ago that suites get an extra cruise credit. If so I wonder if the upsell and upgraded suites do also? Anyone know?

Upsells get two credits, upgrades don't.

My first cruise we were upgraded from a mini. We confirmed the cruise credits with the Onboard Host.

We were happy with the extra room and other stuff for the three of us.

We got an extra credit for an upsell but we had to call and ask for it. You may be able to talk to your Captain's Circle host while on the cruise. They are the ones that give you the credit. I was told upgrades are not eligible but upsells are.

Sabatini's for breakfast is fantastic and no better way to start a great cruise day. The food, the setting, the relaxing atmosphere, and the service are all exceptional.

Suite laundry always back the next day. We've also done comp same-day laundry.

Suite boarding is nice.

We've never needed more outlets and never take a power strip, etc. Guess we're ok simply plugging in things a few at a time. :- )

Agreed. It's the best suite perk by far. Looking forward to once again being able to enjoy it on the CB in September.....:):):)

Bob

We like the op are excited to have our next two cruises in a suite,though it is a back cornor on the a deck. We thank everyone for the input and

look forward to our boarding this week. We now know what to except.

What ship will you be sailing on. Those aft suites are wonderful.....:):):)

Bob

We got an extra credit for an upsell but we had to call and ask for it. You may be able to talk to your Captain's Circle host while on the cruise. They are the ones that give you the credit. I was told upgrades are not eligible but upsells are.

Last July, we were in a suite based on on upsell. We did NOT receive the extra credit. We called, we wrote, but to no avail. I even threw a little legal-eze at them, no matter. We talked with Customer Service, nope. We only received the one credit. They did award us an extra night at the Crown on a future cruise.

This was not a make or break deal for us, and even knowing this, we would take an upsell in a heartbeat.

I know others have posted about having other experiences, and I do hope each of you who gets an upsell gets the two credits.

Another suite perk is a bowl of fresh fruit in your cabin. You can also order dinner off the main dining room menu and have it delivered at no extra charge. Unlike the ultimate balcony dining, they deliver it all at once, but it's wonderful if you don't want to dress for dinner or go to the buffet. Just ask your steward to deliver a menu every day.

Edited by Crystabel

Last July, we were in a suite based on on upsell. We did NOT receive the extra credit. We called, we wrote, but to no avail. I even threw a little legal-eze at them, no matter. We talked with Customer Service, nope. We only received the one credit. They did award us an extra night at the Crown on a future cruise.

This was not a make or break deal for us, and even knowing this, we would take an upsell in a heartbeat.

I know others have posted about having other experiences, and I do hope each of you who gets an upsell gets the two credits.

They are so inconsistant...I swear it all depends on what day of the week u are calling and I am talking about customer relations specifically.

Something else I forgot to ask, do you get the bottles of shampoo etc? I read on a review in the suites they give you small bottles but it was a very old review.

We are very excited to experience a suite. Hopefully we won't be spoiled on it to badly!

We had the small bottles on the Star this month.

Actually the laundry form has two choices:

1) PRESTO-same day service, in by 900 back by 500pm

2) NEXT DAY-laundry returned the next evening.

There is no charge for either when occupying a suite.

Yes this is exactly what I stated. My complaint to Princess was that since both options are available with no charge for suites, the default option should be Presto same day, as long as it is turned in by 9 am. I neglected to check Presto once and was expecting the items back that day (yes, turned in by 9). It left me with only shorts to wear that evening and I missed formal night because of it, thus my complaint. Missed formal night simply because I didn't check a box.

Yes this is exactly what I stated. My complaint to Princess was that since both options are available with no charge for suites, the default option should be Presto same day, as long as it is turned in by 9 am. I neglected to check Presto once and was expecting the items back that day (yes, turned in by 9). It left me with only shorts to wear that evening and I missed formal night because of it, thus my complaint. Missed formal night simply because I didn't check a box.

It's Princess fault because you neglected to make the choice that you wanted?:confused: