Questions about the "suite" life onboard

mamaboss

So do you call before 9 am for somebody to get your laundry or how do you make sure they get it by 9?

We've not been on a cruise where we didn't see the steward in the hall on the way to breakfast; but if we didn't I would leave the laundry bag outside next to the door.

Mike

Two other fun perks in a suite--

You receive a rose corsage and a rose boutonniere on formal nights.

If you look in the navy princess binder on the desk, you will find stationary

and envelopes. They have your name, ship, cruise and dates and cabin #.

I can never figure out how to pin the corsage and boutonniere on :mad: Any tips?

Here's my two cents--

They always are pinned on the left side, over your heart. Also, if your are dancing, the flowers won't get crushed being on opposite sides.

If the man has a lapel hole, just put the stem through there and put the pin over and under the stem. With the corsage, just pin on the same, over and under the stem.

Yea, I'm a floral designer and always explaining to the Prom crowd how to wear them.

Pam

We've not been on a cruise where we didn't see the steward in the hall on the way to breakfast; but if we didn't I would leave the laundry bag outside next to the door.

Mike

Your right, usually. Year before last we took turns keeping watch for the steward as he was houdini! He was good but seemed like if we needed something he was not around, didn't answer his page either. If I don't see him I will put it out and hope he picks it up by 9.

Your right, usually. Year before last we took turns keeping watch for the steward as he was houdini! He was good but seemed like if we needed something he was not around, didn't answer his page either. If I don't see him I will put it out and hope he picks it up by 9.

He will see it.

We are always at Sabatini's when they open at 0730 and have only once missed seeing him in the hallway.

And we don't always request PRESTO unless we have a need for it since we don't want to abuse the perk. If it's not necessary to have back that day we just mark next day service.

Mike:)

I was reminded that a couple of times we have just set the laundry bag on top of his cart as we passed by on the way to breakfast.

Here's my two cents--

They always are pinned on the left side, over your heart. Also, if your are dancing, the flowers won't get crushed being on opposite sides.

If the man has a lapel hole, just put the stem through there and put the pin over and under the stem. With the corsage, just pin on the same, over and under the stem.

Yea, I'm a floral designer and always explaining to the Prom crowd how to wear them.

Pam

Thanks. Sounds like you don't need to actually put the pin through the hard stem. That is what always gets me.

He will see it.

We are always at Sabatini's when they open at 0730 and have only once missed seeing him in the hallway.

And we don't always request PRESTO unless we have a need for it since we don't want to abuse the perk. If it's not necessary to have back that day we just mark next day service.

I am sure he will see it also. I want to send it in the morning before disembarking so everything is clean for next leg of our cruise. That's why I am hoping he picks it up. What if we put the bag out like 10pm instead of 9 am the next morning?

Here's my two cents--

Pam

Thank you, that was good info, fellow Michigander!

OK, the suite offers a complimentary mini-bar: if one is already at the Elite level, does the steward set up another mini-bar? * We would like to get additional coffee cards for our switch...keep one/switch the other.

Yes you will get two mini bar setups. One for being elite and one for occupying a suite. But two elites in a suite still only get two set ups and not three.

I am sure he will see it also. I want to send it in the morning before disembarking so everything is clean for next leg of our cruise. That's why I am hoping he picks it up. What if we put the bag out like 10pm instead of 9 am the next morning?

We have been on B2B's before but never sent out laundry on the last night.

Having to launder all the bed linens and other items I would not bet on getting same day service, why not just use "Next Day"?

We have been on B2B's before but never sent out laundry on the last night.

Having to launder all the bed linens and other items I would not bet on getting same day service, why not just use "Next Day"?

The cruise will disembark on Wed. I would put it out Monday night or Tuesday morning and want it back by Tuesday night. Does that make sense?

This perk is not available to suite guests on the Royal and Regal. You'll have to pay to use the Enclave. Additionally, the loungers are now cool instead of warm on those ships.

The warm loungers in the thermal suites are heaven.

Planning to cruise with elderly Mom, and she likes to have her jackets nicely pressed per my Elite status. And of course the mini bottles to tote home! --This thread has me thinking about getting a suite ...:) 1+1 bar set up ... am SABATINI'S with fresh OJ/mimosas...the Thermal lounge...= ??$$

Two other fun perks in a suite--

You receive a rose corsage and a rose boutonniere on formal nights.

If you look in the navy princess binder on the desk, you will find stationary

and envelopes. They have your name, ship, cruise and dates and cabin #.

Thank you for the information EightFurryPaws, I have noted to check the binder, and take photographs of each of the contents for reference. I will be documenting as much as possible to give a comprehensive report on another forum I'm on, several people have expressed an interest in cruising in the future, so any encouragement and research I can do should help them.

Crochetcruise :cool:

The stationery is a low-cost (thus margin enhancing) way to help "justify" the added cost of a suite. The company's objective would be to collect suite pricing while offering no hard cost "special treatments" or low hard cost items.

Since it is not listed as a suite perk I can't see anyone being "wowed" by a few pieces of stationery into spending 3+ times the cost of a mini suite.