CD news

bitob

We love Julie James as well. She is great fun and may unexpectedly turn up at your table with one of the entertainers and have dinner with you. She even brings wine to share. She is leaving Nautica and going to Marina after this current cruise. She also makes trivia enjoyable and a challenge.

One of the issues with CD's transferring from the smaller to the larger ships is that little unexpected techniques such as this are lost when they are supposed to be entertaining twice the number of guests....

What you see as charming may unfortunately be viewed by others as clickish.

We are booked on Riviera Miami to Miami on Feb 13 and received our documents today. As cruise director it shows a photo of Nolan Dean but it states his name as Nolan Jenkins. Misprint? Other explanation?

Many of the CD's use stage names. ;)

I have never met the gentleman. Our CD on our last Oceania (which was our first Oceania as well) cruise was Nolan Dean. I thought he was a bit wishy-washy.

As to "thinking shoes" -- I never leave home without them. But I am, for the present, without a Trivia Team! so if you know anyone who wants an ex-Rhodesian Swiss on their team let me know...:)

oops, I meant "thinking cap" must have been thinking about my "dancing shoes":D

We are booked on Riviera Miami to Miami on Feb 13 and received our documents today. As cruise director it shows a photo of Nolan Dean but it states his name as Nolan Jenkins. Misprint? Other explanation?

I'm pretty sure the way he explained it is that his middle name is Dean. He uses both.

I was just wondering, since there is very little going on expect the shows which it seems no one likes or goes to what does it matter who the CD is?

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

For a fair number of CC posters, it seems to make a difference for playing TRIVIA.

I have only sailed on Oceania twice before, once with Nolan Dean and once with Ray Michaels. They were both good, but very different. Nolan has a quick British wit and is also a talented singer. Ray was a little silly, but very warm and outgoing and was very engaging with the passengers. Both were fun at trivia. I don't know how much difference a CD really makes in the end, but they can leave you with a good or a bad feeling about the experience depending on your interaction and your take on them and their attitude.

• 2 weeks later...

Nolan Dean was our CD on our Riviera Mayan Mystique cruise January 14 through January 24. I was thrilled to see him because I really enjoy his sense of humor and accessability. I even returned to playing afternoon trivia because he was so much fun (an event I had foresworn after suffering through it last January once when David Peterson was our CD.)

Nolan's amazing girlfriend Emmanuelle Adda is so talented and friendly. The two did the 9:45 PM show one night together in the Riviera Lounge, and Emmanuelle had a solo 5:45 PM show in Horizons on our second (and last) sea day called "Blues, Jazz and a Twist of Piaf."

Her show was so popular that they ran out of seats and also had to summon the bar staff from all the other venues to service the hundreds of attendees. She was going to continue onboard as Social Hostess.

Edited by CintiPam