Suite Class Restaurant - Luminae

InTheWASide

Where will this be located on Summit? Are they taking space away from the MDR or putting it somewhere else on the ship?

Laura

Yes....I was wondering about that too....

If they just 'carve out' a section of the MDR, like they do for 'Blu' on the M-Class ship's, IMHO, it wouldn't be as nice as if they have an entirely separate room with its own galley, like the Blu restaurants on the Solstice Class...

I suppose it was about time they treated the high-tariff passenger's in suite's as well as the Aqua Class passenger's....having their own restaurant. So now if you're in an Aqua Class suite, you have somewhere special to go for lunch, and more choices for breakfast and dinner.

Looks like more and more cruiselines are bringing back defacto class system, with separate dining, lounge, and deck area's for suite guests....even in some of the theater's, a section is reserved for suite occupants....

It's really not about creating a class system. It's about revenue generation. They will soon be able to charge even more for suites with this new offering. I don't cruise in suites, but if I did, I would expect more for my up charge than just the larger room. Blu has allowed X to charge a premium AQ price for what is merely a veranda cabin. Same concept here, and smart.

I wonder if they will also have the Standards or whatever it is called in Blu - the same 4 or 5 things available every day ? I loved that I could always get a steak in Blu if the other things did not appeal to me. This sample menu does not seem to my tastes.

I believe it starts with the first cruise of each ship commencing in April. Reflection is April 4.

Would prefer tablecloths. Cleaning tables with the same rag seems unsanitary to me.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that there will be tablecloths. ;)

The artist's renderings show the dining room without tablecloths so you can see the chairs and the overall layout better.

I wonder if they will also have the Standards or whatever it is called in Blu - the same 4 or 5 things available every day ? I loved that I could always get a steak in Blu if the other things did not appeal to me. This sample menu does not seem to my tastes.

I am confident that they will....it is the normal practice on all ships to have available in main dining rooms an 'always available' alternate menu to complement the daily special's...

Since Blu is the 'main dining room' for Aqua, and Luminae will be the 'MDR' for Suites, it should apply there as well....

Here's another image. This looks more like Millennium Class and the same space they used to convert from the main dining room to Blu...

luminae-carousel-460x256.jpg

Maybe it's just because I've been on so many ships, but to me this has a very similar appearance to Carnival's Fahrenheit 555 steakhouse.

9086-64191.jpg

Note: I AM NOT slamming Celebrity. I like the look of Fahrenheit 555. But with as gorgeous as Murano and the Tuscan Steakhouse and Blu are... I was just expecting something greater I guess.

Doesn't the room in the bottom picture look WAY better than the top one?

Hi all,

Glad everyone is sharing our excitement over the reveal of Luminae! Just wanted to let everyone know that these images are renderings, and is not a final representation.

Additionally, the chairs in this picture are also not finalized.

Whatever it looks like and whatever kind of chairs ... we are excited to try this new suite amenity.:)

I wish they'd post a breakfast menu.;)

Cheers!

Hopefully, this will be a great venue and will keep Suite People out of Blu.

I don't think they will be banned from eating in Blu because Celebrity wants to coddle them -- can't blame them since Suite People pay such a high price for their cruise. I guess they should be able to eat where they want.

From the press release, "we hope they will love our informal, luxury dining experience." Does this mean no formal nights? Hmm.

From the Celebrity website: Dress code: Smart Casual.

Edited by flyingv4me
added information

From the press release, "we hope they will love our informal, luxury dining experience." Does this mean no formal nights? Hmm.

From the Celebrity website: Dress code: Smart Casual.

Formal Attire is only required in MDR, not in any of the specialty restaurants. So this is no surprise.

Formal wear may of course be worn to all venues, but is only a requirement of MDR.

Does anyone know if it will be open for lunch on embarkation day ? That would be "suite"

I believe on some, if not all, ships X already offers lunch in a specialty restaurant on embarkation day to those in the upper suites.

So this could happen. :)

I believe on some, if not all, ships X already offers lunch in a specialty restaurant on embarkation day to those in the upper suites.

So this could happen. :)

This only happened on Summit this summer, and has since been stopped. To my knowledge, it never spread to other ships.

They also had BLU open for Aqua on embarkation on summit, which again has ceased to my knowledge since Summit left Bayonne.

I think the room looks beautiful but I do hope they do not put the tables that close together.I do not mind eating with other people but only when we choose to but not when they are so close together you have no private conversation.

IMO, the Luminae dining room looks more elegant.

I suppose that is the way any "how does it look" will go, will have opinions of both/all sides.

To me, the Luminae looks like it came from the 70's, or would be fit for, lets just say, an "older" persons taste (nothing wrong with that) the other looks more modern and elegant.

And the pole might make it look worse.

Will be curious as to the final design.