Just off Brilliance!

jules815

Killing time at the airport. We had a great cruise. We were in OS 1564 and loved it. Charmaine was our concierge, and Mickey was our awesome bartender in the concierge lounge. Met some very nice people in the lounge, never had an issue finding a seat, or with anyone being rude. There was one gentleman who did question my 25 year old daughter, but it wasn't done in a rude way. Maybe a little nosey, or maybe just making conversation.

We had dinner at Giovanni's (ok), Chops (meh) and Chef's Table (loved)

We had lots of obc to spend. We also had hot stone massages.

Loved brilliance; crew all seemed happy and very friendly. Really enjoyed brilliance class.

Feel free to ask questions.

I was on Brilliance in August of 2012 for a 7 day Norwegian Fiord cruise. The cruise was fantastic! I think Brilliance is my favorite ship! Everyone was so helpful and courteous. Since this was my retirement trip we went with a Junior Suite and weren't disappointed. As far as cruising is concerned I think you can't beat the Radiance Class!

Elvis

Killing time at the airport. We had a great cruise. We were in OS 1564 and loved it. Charmaine was our concierge, and Mickey was our awesome bartender in the concierge lounge. Met some very nice people in the lounge, never had an issue finding a seat, or with anyone being rude. There was one gentleman who did question my 25 year old daughter, but it wasn't done in a rude way. Maybe a little nosey, or maybe just making conversation.

We had dinner at Giovanni's (ok), Chops (meh) and Chef's Table (loved)

We had lots of obc to spend. We also had hot stone massages.

Loved brilliance; crew all seemed happy and very friendly. Really enjoyed brilliance class.

Feel free to ask questions.

Hi Jules 815,

Glad you enjoyed your trip and liked the ship, we are cruising on the Brilliance in June around the Baltic Sea and I must say I can't wait. A few little questions if you don't mind:

1. What is the entertainment like? I know it says Broadway Style but that doesn't mean a lot.

2. What is the food like in the Main Dining Room

3. How does MTD work, do you have to make a reservation or can you just turn up?

Many thanks

Gail

Hi Gail, Chops wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as it's been in the past. Our meal was good, service off a little, but better than we had on FOS in September.

For mtd, I made reservations online in advance, but chose about same time each night. We only ate in the mdr twice, we're seated in the same section, same waiters. Very good service and I thought the food was good.

We went to the show on the first and last night. It wasn't a Broadway style production like the other ships have, but it was entertaining. We enjoyed the live orchestra.

Briliance is a lovely ship. Enjoy!

The Solarium roof is seldom , if ever, opened...so be prepared NOT to be able to tan in there!

I used to believe this myth as well, until we started sailing regularly on Radiance class ships, and found the solarium roof retracted during port stops on at least half of them;)

I used to believe this myth as well, until we started sailing regularly on Radiance class ships, and found the solarium roof retracted during port stops on at least half of them;)

Lucky you! We've sailed on all of the Radiance class ships for a total of 8 cruises, and we've never seen them open! I've always wondered why they went to the expense of putting in retractable ceilings but never use them?:D

Sherri:)

Lucky you! We've sailed on all of the Radiance class ships for a total of 8 cruises, and we've never seen them open! I've always wondered why they went to the expense of putting in retractable ceilings but never use them?:D

Agreed. I have never seen them open.

We've done eight as well. We do a NYE each year, and a spring break in March each year. So far we've done Radiance, Jewel, and Brilliance. On each of our March cruises that ported in Cozumel and Costa Maya, the roof was opened at both ports, and on the two that ported at Cozumel and Grand Cayman, it was opened at Cozumel, but not at GC. We haven't had it open on any of our NYE cruises, or when we had a sea day (except for the one spring break cruise on jewel when it wouldn't close, so we sailed half the way to Costa Maya with it open :)) .

I should also add that we routinely see the roof opened on Enchantment when we cruise in the summer, but not when we cruise in October.

Edited by orville99

Jules, I see you mentioned Charmaine in the CL. Do you know if Andrew Finegold was the Diamond Concierge? He told me a year ago he was switching to Brilliance and the latest I could read was he was onboard in August but no one seems to know now. I'll be onboard in September. Can go to either lounge, but find Andrew much warmer and welcoming than Charmaine. Really hoping he's on board the Brilliance permanently

Yes, it was a 5-night, Key West and Cozumel. I'm sorry, didn't keep the Cruise Compasses.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Hi fellow cruiser. Glad you had a good cruise. Can you advise what night is formal on the 5 day key west run as we are doing same. Did they serve fisherman's platter( lobster) that night?. Thanks in advance. Bob The Villages ,Florida

Jules, I see you mentioned Charmaine in the CL. Do you know if Andrew Finegold was the Diamond Concierge? He told me a year ago he was switching to Brilliance and the latest I could read was he was onboard in August but no one seems to know now. I'll be onboard in September. Can go to either lounge, but find Andrew much warmer and welcoming than Charmaine. Really hoping he's on board the Brilliance permanently

On Brilliance now. Anis is the current Diamond Lounge concierge. He has been on board 5 years and alternates to the CL

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We were on your cruise also ! The weather was great huh ? We took a chance and did an 11 am flight. We carried luggage off at 8 am.

Loved the cruise. I am not a complainer but that bed was hard ! LOL Hub did not mind it .

We were in an aft room. Long walk but was worth it. Room 8670.

We did MTD 3 nights. Don't like how they pressure you to make reservations. What's the purpose if you can't go when you want to ? LOL

Oh yeah we did the ultimate drink package. Loved the convenience.