Concierge Class

AZbeachboy

For some reason I thought Concierge Class also included nightly hors d'oeuvres, a larger in-room breakfast menu, a pillow menu, and priority seating in the MDR and speciality venues.

I would also expect personalized concierge service - though, I'm not sure what that means on a ship where everyone is treated like a celebrity :)

I booked CC for a quick getaway in March. I hope I'm not disappointed.

I've added the extra's from the Celebrity website because it sounds like they might have cut back on some of these and I'm hoping people here can tell me if that's not the case:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-concierge-class-stateroom

In addition Concierge Class staterooms include:

Services

Priority check-in - sounds like this is hit or miss

Express luggage delivery - any thoughts about this service? any notable difference?

Personalized Concierge service - I'm not sure what I'd want or need, but this sounds like a no based on comments.

Priority disembarkation based on your travel needs - Not important to me - I'd like to be the last passenger off the ship :)

Complimentary shoeshine service - I think this is a nice little perk - shiny shoes rock!

Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge - Not important to me, but okay

Dining

Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences - I hope this is true. Any problems getting the time you want in CC?

Expanded room service menu - I like this a lot - especially for breakfast. Does anyone have copies of the expanded menu?

Amenities

Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists - I like this.. free drinks

Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferences - Very nice, I'm picky about pillows.

Daily delivery of Afternoon Savories - I think this is a nice touch

Plush bathrobes - I like this - the plusher the better - lol

Fresh fruit I like this a lot - fresh fruit in room is something I'd pay extra for

Custom-blended bath amenities I don't know what this means

Use of binoculars and golf umbrella I like the idea of having binoculars - last time we sailed Celebrity was on the Solstice and there was a lot of action in the water - our balcony was the place to be if you wanted to see dolphins, other ships, etc...

Extra handheld hair dryer - No important for me

Celebrity tote bag - I like a nice tote bag, I hope this is still available.

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe[emoji768] massaging showerhead This sounds divine

Yes, these things are still amenities

Except we had to ask for the pillows

I like a plump foam pillow

I always seem to end up in concierge

Except last time I tried Aqua- I'm not a fan

Our next cruise is in concierge

It came with 123 all inclusive and at a great price so that it was no more total $ than regular balcony. The prices have increased many $

It is difficult to judge for anyone what the extra amenities may mean

I was sure I would love aquaclass and didn't enjoy Blu or Persian garden at all

I'll tell you one thing, that wand in the shower is great in CC

We love the extra items on the breakfast room service menu because we hate to get up early

Whatever floats your boat I've been saying

If you add up all the extras mean a nicer experience to us.

Edited by true45

The pillows are a big improvement. I had very nice feather pillows which did not give me a neck ache like I had in the regular veranda cabin before.

And the tote is also nice. Personally I do not like the huge bathrobes because they are all extra large and weigh a ton! I just ask for the thin bathrobes.

For some reason I thought Concierge Class also included nightly hors d'oeuvres, a larger in-room breakfast menu, a pillow menu, and priority seating in the MDR and speciality venues.

I would also expect personalized concierge service - though, I'm not sure what that means on a ship where everyone is treated like a celebrity :)

I booked CC for a quick getaway in March. I hope I'm not disappointed.

I've added the extra's from the Celebrity website because it sounds like they might have cut back on some of these and I'm hoping people here can tell me if that's not the case:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-concierge-class-stateroom

In addition Concierge Class staterooms include:

Services

Priority check-in - sounds like this is hit or miss May or not be a shorter line

Express luggage delivery - any thoughts about this service? any notable difference? No difference that I've ever seen

Personalized Concierge service - I'm not sure what I'd want or need, but this sounds like a no based on comments. NO personalized concierge, there is one for the ship and I believe one for higher-end suites/zenith

Priority disembarkation based on your travel needs - Not important to me - I'd like to be the last passenger off the ship :)

Complimentary shoeshine service - I think this is a nice little perk - shiny shoes rock! Never used it

Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge - Not important to me, but okay That means all the CCs go into a separate room like the theater where the have the same pastries as at the buffet while they wait for their number to be called, I prefer to wait where I can see outside

Dining

Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences - I hope this is true. Any problems getting the time you want in CC? Never have understood this, never saw or heard of any difference.

Expanded room service menu - I like this a lot - especially for breakfast. Does anyone have copies of the expanded menu? I believe smoothies are added, I took one sip and left it. You can pretty much get anything you want by writing it in on the door hanger

Amenities

Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists - I like this.. free drinks yes, a free bottle of sparkling wine that you can trade in for a $28 credit to something you like better

Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferences - Very nice, I'm picky about pillows. Available by asking to anyone

Daily delivery of Afternoon Savories - I think this is a nice touch hmmm, wait til you see them!

Plush bathrobes - I like this - the plusher the better - lol They ARE nice in colder climates

Fresh fruit I like this a lot - fresh fruit in room is something I'd pay extra for Three green apples, or apple, orange, banana; a big bowl of them for the taking at the buffet

Custom-blended bath amenities I don't know what this means

Use of binoculars and golf umbrella I like the idea of having binoculars - last time we sailed Celebrity was on the Solstice and there was a lot of action in the water - our balcony was the place to be if you wanted to see dolphins, other ships, etc... Don't count on being able to see anything, they are the lowest grade

Extra handheld hair dryer - No important for me

Celebrity tote bag - I like a nice tote bag, I hope this is still available. These ARE nicer than the great unwashed masses get

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead This sounds divine

Don't want to burst your bubble, just want you to have realistic expectations going in

Thanks. It good to know about the Captain Circle. I do get a prior cruiser rate because I have travled on RCCL. But I don't get nor expect the benefits from X. I just want to travel and experience their style crusing.

It's been a few years, but we had our first cruise credited when we applied afterward. I agree with the preceding posters who have said that the main benefits are increased number of points for both of us. In our opinion there were no real perks for concierge class. We didn't need a big umbrella and a low power set of binoculars to use. The canapés were not at all good (had expected them to equal what we get on another line) and we stopped ordering them after a few days. We went to the designated disembarkation lounge but no employee was there and the announcements did not come into that room We ended up just getting off at our scheduled time. We embarked with everyone else. Unless you want to accumulate points as we did, a balcony would do just as well. In our case the cost difference was not so great and we didn't feel like we'd made a mistake. We had a good cruise but not because of concierge class.

I have sailed in all types of cabins. Standard veranda cabins are very nice. S class ships, standard and concierge cabins are the same size. M class ships, concierge cabins have 20 sq. ft. more space. M class standard cabins have enough space for 2 people. Extra perks for concierge may be worth a bit more. I do like the thicker towels. I do not use the extra umbrella or binoculars. I prefer soap to shower gel. I never wear the robe or use the slippers. On my most recent cruise, I was in concierge on Eclipse. The difference between a regular veranda and concierge was $100. What sold me was a better location. I was on deck 10 midship. Next booking is for a regular veranda because the price difference bewteen the regular veranda and concierge was an extra $1000pp. That is way too much for thicker towels. I have been happy in any cabin. So I won't have the thicker towels. I'll just ask the cabin steward to leave extra towels.

Last cruise, my husband booked our first C1 aft on M class. I told him, that is my new standard for cruising. We loved the extra large balcony! Can't wait to go back this August on Summit v

That is great to hear! We have booked our first C1 aft balcony on the Constellation for a 13 night cruise out of Barcelona in July 2016.

For us it was all about getting a large aft balcony.

have been in an Aqua on the same ship. love the shower, afternoon treats , fruit, and expanded breakfast menu was nice, but not worth paying hundreds more for it. Did not like Blu.

[ATTACH]341084[/ATTACH]

This is the balcony in cabin 8185 on Summit.

FWIW those exact same balconies are available in a standard balcony room, Category 1A.

And we have a lowly 2B, right at the midship elevators, flat part of the hump, my favorite location, on our next cruise.

I have never had an act balcony on an M class ship, but I can imagine that that might be a very good reason to book CC. Also, the extra point if you are striving for Captains Club level is another good reason.

We sailed Concierge on our first cruise and have almost always booked concierge. In January, I saw a great rate on a 1 week cruise and booked a veranda guarantee. We were assigned a 2C cabin. Loved the balcony! When our room steward heard that we usually book concierge, he asked his manager and was able to get us many of the same amenities:Champagne, flowers, bowl of fruit. However, we did not like the shampoo and soap as much, the robes were definitely less plush, but (and this is the biggest difference) we did not like the mattress. Our bed was much harder than we have previously experienced. I know that the list of amenities does not say anything about a mattress difference, but we sure thought it was different. We are sailing concierge in March and will be interested to see if out mattress is softer.:)

• 1 month later...
Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine . free drinks yes, a free bottle of sparkling wine that you can trade in for a $28 credit to something you like better

Is this so? I can trade in my sparkling wine/Concierge room wine? Can I ask my TA to do this in advance, or is it best done when onboard?

We generally book a " regular" balcony...planned far enough ahead that we get a hump cabin. Just booked for November and did concierge because getting all 3 perks made the cost about the same. Plus we got a hump cabin.

I first concierge was on an M class...I don't remember which ship, aft balcony. It was HUGE !

Loved it except every evening the night cap was on our balcony!😄

Is this so? I can trade in my sparkling wine/Concierge room wine? Can I ask my TA to do this in advance, or is it best done when onboard?

On our 3/8/15 Silhouette sailing in the Concierge Class, they would not let us switch the sparkling wine. Tried our room steward, he said passenger services...tried passenger services and they said try our room steward:confused::confused:. Finally passenger services said they were not allowed to switch the wine because it was a "special edition" even thought we would pay any difference. Even talked to a manager and still no switch. I guess it's a hit or miss from what I've read....ours was a miss:(.

Hope you have better luck!

I've had really good luck with the sommelier in the dining room; I ask him one of the first evenings and just bring it with me on the next evening. I have heard that it can be hit or miss, but so far I've always 'hit'.

Definitely something to do on board, your TA won't be able to help you with this issue.

I've had really good luck with the sommelier in the dining room; I ask him one of the first evenings and just bring it with me on the next evening. I have heard that it can be hit or miss, but so far I've always 'hit'.

Definitely something to do on board, your TA won't be able to help you with this issue.

Thanks Happy2Cruise and Cathy. I'll give it a try. :-)

[quote name='CathyCruises']Don't want to burst your bubble, just want you to have realistic expectations going in[/QUOTE]

I agree with your 'bubble bursters'. Most of the 'perks' are of minimal value if any. Most fall somewhere between 'nice to have but not a big deal' to 'this is a perk?!?'. The biggest perk is the extra CC points if you need them. Since I don't need them (I will never be able to reach Zenith in my lifetime) I only book CC for location if the price is similar to other balcony cabins (and for some reason I cannot book AQ, which I prefer because of Blu). If you are paying $200 per person for nicer toiletries, cheap binoculars, and a cheap bottle of wine I would suggest purchasing those things yourself and you will still be money ahead:). I have never, ever, ever figured out what preferred seating means in dining rooms or specialty restaurants. My guess remains nothing. On M class, I will pay a little extra for a little extra space in the room, especially if we are traveling three to a cabin.