Emerald Princess-what's your favorite thing?

willtravel8090

We are in our final countdown to our March sailing on the Emerald Princess. We have sailed on the Princess but this is our first time on the Emerald! We love hearing about the favorites of the specific ship and of course it makes the waiting a little more enjoyable. 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One of our favorite things on our recent Emerald cruise was getting our breakfast at the Caribe Cafe and eating it outside overlooking the Horizon Terrace. There were never many people dining al fresco and it was so pleasant!

We are in our final countdown to our March sailing on the Emerald Princess. We have sailed on the Princess but this is our first time on the Emerald! We love hearing about the favorites of the specific ship and of course it makes the waiting a little more enjoyable. 😄

We have sailed Emerald many times and another is planned for August.

What i appreciate most is the ease of getting from any area to another. Ship size suits us well.

Enjoy

Not unique to Emerald, but unique to some of the Grand Class ships including Emerald...I love the location of Adagio and Sabatini's. Wish every ship had them up top. Enjoy!!

I love the little outdoor terrace outside Adagio/Sabatini's. Nice tables & chairs, gorgeous view over the aft pool and the ship's wake. Plus, there's a fountain!!

Not unique to Emerald, but unique to some of the Grand Class ships including Emerald...I love the location of Adagio and Sabatini's. Wish every ship had them up top. Enjoy!!

I would add the Wheelhouse bar to the list along with the above.....:):):)

Bob

Outrigger bar and the aft pool is the best place to spent time watching the ship's wake. Go there at night too, as the bar is open until 11, with very few people around. Hot tub 2 decks up. Spend formal night in your swim suit in the pool and hot tub!!

Sounds amazing. It is now on my to do list. 😄

Been on the Emerald many times...it is our FAVORITE SHIP...and we love everything about it. All the crew were the best of the best everywhere. We had Generoso as MD and he was excellent too.

We enjoyed the back pool because it doesn't have the shopping cart handle so there is sun back there and it is an adult's only pool. But most of all we enjoyed having breakfast in Sabatini's every day and looking out at the wake.

We like the Grand class ships and are so very sad the Emerald is going down under to Australia in November 2016. We are going on her for 35 days in 2016. We can only hope it will return to do the Caribbean in winter months again.

Guaranteed you will enjoy yourself.

We like Outriggers when leaving FLL. You can belly up to the bar to watch the sunsets or we like to grab a table at the bar with a bucket of ice cold beer & watch the sun setting over Florida. It don't get any better..what a way to start the cruise!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Been on the Emerald many times...it is our FAVORITE SHIP...and we love everything about it. All the crew were the best of the best everywhere. We had Generoso as MD and he was excellent too.

Guaranteed you will enjoy yourself.

We had Generoso as MD on the Ruby and he was wonderful. We also had his Sr. Asst. on another cruise. We are taking the Emerald in June - in Europe. I hope he is still on there when we arrive. :)

The Emerald is a great ship. I enjoyed watching karaoke in Club Fusion, the International Cafe, and the Wheelhouse Bar. On a couple sea days they will do a Pub Lunch in the Wheelhouse, I enjoyed that and would recommend it.

We had Generoso as MD on the Ruby and he was wonderful. We also had his Sr. Asst. on another cruise. We are taking the Emerald in June - in Europe. I hope he is still on there when we arrive. :)

Generoso is joining Ruby in March, when Nicola Furlan goes on leave.

Generoso mentioned he is on the Ruby beginning March 21. We are hoping to get him on the Emerald in February of 2016.