VIFP Change: Water or Coupon Available at any Bar (including the same water)?

falkcor

Water or Free Drink Coupon?  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Water or Free Drink Coupon?

• Free Drink Coupon - No Restrictions - Any Bar, Any Time - including the same water
    • Water in Stateroom

The last time I tried drinking water on the ship it stunk so bad I couldn't drink it. The tea and lemonade tasted the same way. I'm not a water drinker anyway and that didn't help. Give me my drink coupon-keep the water!

:mad:

The last time I had bottled water on Carnival was when I got food poisoning on the Conquest last January and had to drink it or risk going back down to medical to get an IV. I can't even look at that stupid bottle in the room now without my stomach turning, so I put something over it.

No doubt I will be traumatized when I am forced to accept it as a consolation prize in lieu of my Strawberry Daiquiri during the Sea Day Brunch. Maybe I'll complain to Guest Services and get some OBC! LOL! :cool:

The last time I had bottled water on Carnival was when I got food poisoning on the Conquest last January and had to drink it or risk going back down to medical to get an IV. I can't even look at that stupid bottle in the room now without my stomach turning, so I put something over it.

No doubt I will be traumatized when I am forced to accept it as a consolation prize in lieu of my Strawberry Daiquiri during the Sea Day Brunch. Maybe I'll complain to Guest Services and get some OBC! LOL! :cool:

Maybe you can give them the bottle of water while you're there and swap it for a drink voucher! :D

Hey, if you can swap your Platinum gift for a different Platinum gift...

Maybe! Or maybe I can find a Platinum person to get me a drink and I'll give them the water!

haha! and from the few posts of people who do seem to prefer the water ( :confused: ) you just might find someone to take you up on that! :rolleyes:

haha! and from the few posts of people who do seem to prefer the water ( :confused: ) you just might find someone to take you up on that! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure it would work. They could use the voucher to get a second bottle of water with their sea day brunch.

Edited by Pixelate

I'm not sure it would work. They could use the voucher to get a second bottle of water with their sea day brunch.

I don't think the voucher will have that option. The water will be delivered to your room. Oh, you mean as it stands now. I suppose, but if they didn't think of that before, doubtful they will this time. I'll have to stalk the Platinum Lounge on embarkation and find one willing to do a switcheroo!

Edited by firemanbobswife

I think people don't understand that a liter is one 16 ounce bottle. The kind you can pick up in any convenience store for a buck. Cheap and disgraceful. My kids loved being able to get a virgin frozen drink and now they will not be able to because I am not paying $10 each for one drink. They get all the free water they want already.

Sorry to tell you this, but a liter is 33.814 ounces. Kind of shoots your argument out of the water (no pun intended).

Sorry to tell you this, but a liter is 33.814 ounces. Kind of shoots your argument out of the water (no pun intended).

If you read the entire thread you would see I corrected myself in post #44.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

has it occurred to anybody else that when this 'change' is referred to in the future... as every little 'change' inevitably is on this board and elsewhere...

we have a bonafide 'water-gate' on our hands here? lol :)

I am not a crook, I just borrowed your free cocktail coupon :)

I would be fine with it going back to the way it was! I didn't think the coupon was that restrictive and always made sure to go to the MDR at the right time to get it. If people want to exchange for water instead, that's fine. But don't take it away from those that are enjoying the drink

to kind of re-cap a bit here, it's clear that the majority do not agree with this change from carnival as evidenced by the poll results (about 90% against at the time of posting)...

some (probably among that 10% supporting, possibly platinum+ which are not affected, or those who don't understand 'oh i won't have to bring water if they give us 1 each every day') seem to scoff that anybody is concerned at all about the loss of one of the few benefits afforded to red/gold - cruisers as a whole.

to the platinums, i'd say, remember when they took benefits from you with the VIFP changes. to those that prefer water anyway - i'd say, use your coupon for a bottle of water! to those with cheers, same thing! to the people who somehow think this will replace their carrying on water - do you only carry on 2 bottles of water? lifting the restrictions to make the coupon more available anywhere or even in select places would just make it more accessible to all. and wouldn't you rather a cold bottle of water than a lukewarm one left in your cabin?

really though, i think what has most people posting that they don't approve, is that carnival seems to be out of touch with their clientele. john heald said 'We’re making these changes because members told us they felt the drink coupon was overly restrictive in terms of where and when it could be used.' - so lift the restrictions, don't rescind the offer, and offer a bottle of water (water - which is rightly available everywhere for free).

i think it is the subterfuge being utilized, again as we've seen similar in the past, that has people upset, as a matter of principle. not as a matter of the few dollars. i don't think it will make or break anybody's cruise (or carnival's bottom line one way or another)... in the past people have complained about pins, laundry, this that and the other thing. it's all valid, to the person voicing their opinion. i think we should respect each other's opinions...

and with that said... as much as ultimately it won't affect whether i choose to cruise with carnival or not - i still don't like it, for the principle of the matter.

Edited by falkcor