Canadian cruisers!!

I think some sailings are having a 20% off sale on drink packages which helps with the exchange hit. I purchased today at not a whole lot more than I would have paid in USD on board.

Sadly not applicable on my next cruise but I keep checking just in case they change it

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It just makes me more determined to have a good time on Oasis next month. Then again, I always have a good time cruising. It's by far my fav vacation choice :-)

I am sure you'll LOVE Oasis. We were on her a few months ago and before boarding I was a bit unsure of whether we'd find it too large but we had an awesome time. One of the best ships we've sailed and hopefully we'll sail her again. Have a fantastic cruise!:)

Proud Canadian lives in Michigan and moving to FL soon...no more airfare for this family of 6! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yep if I ever had to move I would pick a city with a year round cruise port .... Would most likely be my to priority.. :)

Just booked our beverage packages this morning! I've been watching the prices for the past several months. The ultimate was as high as $94 CDN a few weeks ago. I was excited to find that our cruise (Allure May 22nd) qualifies for the recent beverage package discount! Yaaay!

Ulitmate $63 CDN plus grats

Premium $52 CDN plus grats

Select $42 CDN plus grats

Bought Premium for me and Select for hubby! Too good to resist considering that drinks onboard are $10 to $12 USD so with the current exchange rate it's only approx 4 drinks per day to break-even! Check your cruise planner, I read on another thread that more sailings are being added sporadically.

Just booked our beverage packages this morning! I've been watching the prices for the past several months. The ultimate was as high as $94 CDN a few weeks ago. I was excited to find that our cruise (Allure May 22nd) qualifies for the recent beverage package discount! Yaaay!

Bought Premium for me and Select for hubby! Too good to resist considering that drinks onboard are $10 to $12 USD so with the current exchange rate it's only approx 4 drinks per day to break-even! Check your cruise planner, I read on another thread that more sailings are being added sporadically.

Nice!! We have 4 sailings booked and none of them are coming up with the discounted packages. I am glad that you got to take advantage!

I checked and OBC exchange rate today is still 1.50 Ouch!

That's crazy. My "big five" bank is selling at approx 1.33 which means any currency exchange counter is probably selling at approx 1.31.

If you purchase stuff from the Cruise Planner in CAD (e.g. drink package, shore excursions) and opt to cancel it on board, you get your refund as OBC, right?

Would it be OBC at what would have been the pre-cruise USD price? Is that a way to score some OBC at a more favourable exchange rate, since I think Cruise Planner prices are usually around 1.2 to 1.3? :D

Funny mine comes up at 78 bucks a day for the ultimate package

Those are great prices! Enjoy :)

Funny mine comes up at 78 bucks a day for the ultimate package

Hmmmm... maybe yours includes gratuities? They are probably testing response rates to various offers by posting prices with and without gratuities included. However, $78 is still high even if the gratuities are included. My Ultimate would only come out to $74 with grats ($62.78 per day + 18% grats).

Hmmmm... maybe yours includes gratuities? They are probably testing response rates to various offers by posting prices with and without gratuities included. However, $78 is still high even if the gratuities are included. My Ultimate would only come out to $74 with grats ($62.78 per day + 18% grats).

The grand total we paid with everything included per week is:

$430.64 CAD for Premium

$342.76 CAD for Select

I am getting different prices for my 2016 cruises than I am for my 2017 cruises. Neither are at the 20% discount. Select for my 2016 cruises is $51.87 + 18%. I do no remember what the 2017 was, but it was higher. I think $65. I cannot log into MyCruises to confirm but I will when I can.

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

I am getting different prices for my 2016 cruises than I am for my 2017 cruises. Neither are at the 20% discount. Select for my 2016 cruises is $51.87 + 18%. I do no remember what the 2017 was, but it was higher. I think $65. I cannot log into MyCruises to confirm but I will when I can.

I can't get any drink prices at all for my 2017 cruises! I'm beginning to think that the drink package prices are dependent on the ship you are on.. they all seem to be different.

I know on Oasis this past Feb. we purchased the 10 drink card halfway through the week, and it was more expensive than the one another cruiser had purchased when they were on Vision the same week. :confused: I thought it was the same across the board but apparently not.

2c203931c64ebb322165c5d6bf21db4c.jpg

Here is a screen shot of drink package cost in Canadian,

May 7 night Liberty , price includes grats

Those sound like the old prices I was seeing before I got the 20% discount. This is what you'd see in your cruise planner if your sailing qualified...

1444419650_20offBeverages.jpg.03ac2bbc95b39a9108b84219180be530.jpg

I purchased the premium drink package for my May 2017 sailing , but the 20% off was only offered on the premium package

That price on that screen shot is actually less than what it was 2 weeks ago

I was finally able to get into my cruises. This is the pricing I see for my August 28 2016 cruise on the liberty. Per day pricing is the same for my Nov 2016 cruise on the Oasis

ImageUploadedByForums1458522970.343336.jpg.fe7a251d5e2ce90226c749565d70cd65.jpg

This is my Freedom cruise on March 4 2017. It is higher per day. It is an 8 night cruise so that is why the total is so much more.

ImageUploadedByForums1458523000.954234.jpg.38268914ceea583e9a30ffa26bcf8e06.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1458523010.395423.jpg.d68b05fa1295de2f46329d255fdcd406.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1458522959.737898.jpg.12f86779d054af2aa2f1ada1467fb7c5.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1458523071.232714.jpg.f19d0dfa71649465f0c672b99a19ff6a.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1458523080.814717.jpg.8a6b8dba1b50d1b03784d5956aaff80e.jpg

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom