Does the Navigator have any rooms for 5?

ay cabin that holds more than 4 can ONLY be booked by calling directly or using a TA.

they also tend to sell out very fast.

it may actually be far cheaper to get 2 connecting cabins, or a balcony for the adult with an inside across the hall for the kids.

I have 3 kids too, so I feel your pain. It's not just cruise ships either...I've been having the hardest time trying to book an all-inclusive land vacation.

I am new to cruising, so I've only booked twice.. once directly with RCI and once with a TA. I actually think RCI was easier because the TA had to call RCI and have them on the other line. It was easier to just call RCI directly. But, maybe other TA's are different.

Anyway, you can do a Royal Family Suite, which is very expensive, but I don't know your situation. They also have the Family Oceanview Staterooms which are more reasonable. But, both times I have booked, the Family Oceanview was only $100 total less than booking 2 connecting Oceanview rooms, so we do the connecting rooms so we have 2 bathrooms.

The connecting rooms are great! We have our adult room and we have the kids room. We leave the door open all day and we keep it 'cracked' at night, so we can hear everything that is going on. We use a white noise app on the ipad in their room so they can't really hear anything going on in our room (if you know what I mean, wink, wink).

I've never done connecting balcony rooms because I don't want them to have access to a balcony- I only do Oceanview rooms. My kids are now 10,9, and 6. Last time we cruised, they were 10,8,and 5. If your kids are still very young, then the extra bathroom wouldn't matter as much and you could probably just do the Family Oceanview.

You can actually book connecting rooms online, but you have to put an adult in each room on the booking.

Edited by happymanitee
I edited bc I was wrong about kid's ages

We have used the Family OV cabin option several times. They were a good choice at the age the kids were. The connecting cabins now work much better. It is all a personal choice. I won't do the across the hall cabin...just feel safer with them next door. Some ships offer a balcony with an OV next door up near the front. Call Royal. Chat with them about the available choices on the ship/sail date you have in mind.

If you book early enough Navigator has two sets of rooms towards the aft, I think deck 9, that are a connecting balcony and inside. They do book up fast. We had them booked on our Navigator sailing, but then found a great deal for 2 connecting balconies that actually saved us $$ so moved to those.

I agree with others, if you can go the 2 room route it is nice to have the 2 bathrooms with that many people. Look into 2 rooms regardless, it often comes out cheaper than the family rooms.

Edited by akcruz

When our kids where teenagers we always booked connecting inside rooms. Worked great for us we had access to their room, could go back and forth without going out into the hall, and just felt safer not having to worry someone may come into their room without us knowing.