Equinox still sitting?

wallie5446

So it is 6:35 in FLL and the Equinox has not pushed away yet. Whats up?

The Queen Vic just left and the Carnival ship is starting.

I can see it from my windoinw and it looks very pretty, but I am wondering the same thing myself.

So it is 6:35 in FLL and the Equinox has not pushed away yet. Whats up?

The Queen Vic just left and the Carnival ship is starting.

You're late to the party... This thread was already created, but not many responses.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2161417

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by vulcan1971

Hi Everyone,

My guess is, it was a combination of bad weather in the Northeast, and that Celebrity was loading numerous items for the addition of Luminae to the starboard side of Deck 3, of the MDR. I disembarked Equinox today, and was told that construction was beginning today, and was expected to last for 3 sailings.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Everyone,

My guess is, it was a combination of bad weather in the Northeast, and that Celebrity was loading numerous items for the addition of Luminae to the starboard side of Deck 3, of the MDR. I disembarked Equinox today, and was told that construction was beginning today, and was expected to last for 3 sailings.

The fact that there were 3 ships that did not sail till the 6:30 time frame would makes me think it was the weather impacted them all.

Guess we will see when someone post that is on these sailings.

Maybe because of all the complaining about Luminae construction disruptions, they decided to hold Equinox in port until the work is completed. ;)

What is so hard about giving a helpful answer on a post? Instead of comments that add nothing to the topic. :confused:

This is what a troll does, not a CC host:(

What is so hard about giving a helpful answer on a post? Instead of comments that add nothing to the topic. :confused:

This is what a troll does, not a CC host:(

WTH? His post was a possible consideration and had as much input as yours and others as it's pretty obvious to the majority that flights were cancelled yesterday :rolleyes:.

Carnival and Celebrity were both delayed over 2 hours and sailed away one after the other, right behind Queen Victoria who left a mere 15 minutes late.

My take is ;;weather related......but Zuiderdam and Connie both left relatively on time....:confused:

Cheers

WTH? His post was a possible consideration and had as much input as yours and others as it's pretty obvious to the majority that flights were cancelled yesterday :rolleyes:.

Agree completely!:D

But I have to ask, what is Luminae? I guess I missed something???? We sail on the Equinox on April 6th.

Agree completely!:D

But I have to ask, what is Luminae? I guess I missed something???? We sail on the Equinox on April 6th.

It will be the new dining room for Suite Guests.

Maybe because of all the complaining about Luminae construction disruptions, they decided to hold Equinox in port until the work is completed. ;)

A possible consideration that Celebrity would leave a ship at the dock till a construction project is completed without any prior notification to any of the passengers that their sailing was being held for this? How silly.

As c-legs said, 2 sailed on time, 1 was 15 minutes late, and 2 were over 2 hours late. On the Cunard board people on the World cruise that had to get off, go thru customs, then re board have posted about problems at the customs stations with short staffing, and not being allowed to get back on for hours.

I guess some of the custom officers missed their flights from Miami.:rolleyes:

A possible consideration that Celebrity would leave a ship at the dock till a construction project is completed without any prior notification to any of the passengers that their sailing was being held for this? How silly.

As c-legs said, 2 sailed on time, 1 was 15 minutes late, and 2 were over 2 hours late. On the Cunard board people on the World cruise that had to get off, go thru customs, then re board have posted about problems at the customs stations with short staffing, and not being allowed to get back on for hours.

I guess some of the custom officers missed their flights from Miami.:rolleyes:

Could also have something to do with the Celebrity Canadian Charters and their flight delays.....anyone know how many planes Celebrity charters for each cruise?

Could also have something to do with the Celebrity Canadian Charters and their flight delays.....anyone know how many planes Celebrity charters for each cruise?

I agree that there were most certainly late flights booked thru Choice Air that they held up the sail away for. There has been a post from a couple that booked their own air, didn't make it! Thankfully they had the foresight to buy insurance.

But when other lines ship are held also, one can not help but wonder if something else was a miss, hence the reason for my asking the question in the first place. Not as a joke or silly thread.

I agree that there were most certainly late flights booked thru Choice Air that they held up the sail away for. There has been a post from a couple that booked their own air, didn't make it! Thankfully they had the foresight to buy insurance.

But when other lines ship are held also, one can not help but wonder if something else was a miss, hence the reason for my asking the question in the first place. Not as a joke or silly thread.

I actually heard there was a computer glitch at the port with immigration.

Here ya go...(also, I didn't take it as a joke or silly thread)

Quote:

Queen Victoria World and Exotic Voyages 2015

FYI for those of you getting on board in Ft Lauderdale, it's 1:00 pm now, and the debarkation process has been delayed due to the immigration's computer problems earlier this morning... Passengers getting off in FT Lauderdale are still in the debarkation process, once they're done, us (in-transit passengers) will go through the immigration to get back on board again. I assume after that they'll start embarking the new passengers.

Hi Everyone,

We are sailing on the 13th. What kind of construction is going on? Is it a hinderance or noisy?

Motherchic,

I'm sailing with you next week...there is construction in the dining room...making way for a new restaurant for suite passengers. Lots of conversation about which space will be affected. It just began a couple of days ago.

See you soon.

Susan

Motherchic,

I'm sailing with you next week...there is construction in the dining room...making way for a new restaurant for suite passengers. Lots of conversation about which space will be affected. It just began a couple of days ago.

See you soon.

Susan

Hi Susan,

Well I am certain it will be fine.:-) So looking forward to this trip:-)