My faith in Blu has been restored.. Just off the Connie

Fredric22

After my recent cruise on the Equinox (two weeks ago) I was re-thinking my future trips already booked in Blu. The food and service had gone downhill and I was afraid it was a sign that Celebrity had made changes across the board. However, after our recent 4 night trip in the Constellation (1/29 cruise), I can happily say that Blu was back up to the standards we were accustomed to. The food and service were wonderful. Even though it was a short cruise, the difference between Blu on Equinox and Constellation could not have been greater. For example, on Equinox, the crab bisque was watery and tasteless. The same crab bisque on Constellation was thick, creamy, and seasoned perfectly. Although the menus were the same, the dishes were consistently executed better on Constellation.

Aside from Blu, the rest of the cruise was very nice. The ship is in pretty good condition (still prefer Solstice class) and has everything you need. I do think they can add some more improvements and put in some Solstice class venues in dead space (there is a lot of it). For example, Molecular Bar can easily replace the future cruise center in the shopping center. Crush bar can replace the cosmetic shop on the pool deck. Cellar Masters was always empty. That could easily be the new Gastro Pub and perhaps a specialty restaurant too.

The interactive parties were great and much longer than on Equinox. I was a bit disappointed that the only entertainment they had on the last night of the cruise was the Superbowl. I understand most people watch it, but it would have been nice to have some kind of alternative.

Let me know if anyone has any specific questions!

After my recent cruise on the Equinox (two weeks ago) I was re-thinking my future trips already booked in Blu. The food and service had gone downhill and I was afraid it was a sign that Celebrity had made changes across the board. However, after our recent 4 night trip in the Constellation (1/29 cruise), I can happily say that Blu was back up to the standards we were accustomed to. The food and service were wonderful. Even though it was a short cruise, the difference between Blu on Equinox and Constellation could not have been greater. For example, on Equinox, the crab bisque was watery and tasteless. The same crab bisque on Constellation was thick, creamy, and seasoned perfectly. Although the menus were the same, the dishes were consistently executed better on Constellation.

Aside from Blu, the rest of the cruise was very nice. The ship is in pretty good condition (still prefer Solstice class) and has everything you need. I do think they can add some more improvements and put in some Solstice class venues in dead space (there is a lot of it). For example, Molecular Bar can easily replace the future cruise center in the shopping center. Crush bar can replace the cosmetic shop on the pool deck. Cellar Masters was always empty. That could easily be the new Gastro Pub and perhaps a specialty restaurant too.

The interactive parties were great and much longer than on Equinox. I was a bit disappointed that the only entertainment they had on the last night of the cruise was the Superbowl. I understand most people watch it, but it would have been nice to have some kind of alternative.

Let me know if anyone has any specific questions!

Thanks! I hope Reflection Blu is just as tasty!

Personally, I've found Blu on the M-Class ships better than on the S-Class. I've not had any bad experiences but the layout in the space carved from the upper level of the MDR just seems better to me. We've always had good service but on both the Infinity and the Summit, it was even better.

Now, if they'd only upgrade Persian Gardens on the M-Class . . .

Thanks for the update! We are booked on Connie 3/21 and I was a little skeptical of what we would find in Blu. My wife and I enjoyed it very much on two previous Solstice trips and are looking forward to this one as well. Did you have any problems with excessive wait times to be seated? What time would you usually arrive? If you have any photos of menus that would be great too! Thanks again for the review.

Glad to hear you had a good experience in Blu.

After 5 times in Blu on S class ships our most recent experience in Blu on the Eclipse was unsatisfactory and has made us rethink our future bookings in Aqua. We are booked on the Constellation in May, unfortunately not in Blu.

Thanks for the update! We are booked on Connie 3/21 and I was a little skeptical of what we would find in Blu. My wife and I enjoyed it very much on two previous Solstice trips and are looking forward to this one as well. Did you have any problems with excessive wait times to be seated? What time would you usually arrive? If you have any photos of menus that would be great too! Thanks again for the review.

There was a 30 minute night the first night of the cruise (we arrived at 7:30pm). There was no wait any other night and they did not seem overwhelmed at all. We typically arrived around 7-7:30pm. A few nights it seemed to get more crowded around 8-8:30 which I thought was odd. I suppose each cruise is different though.

Unfortunately I do not have the menus, but I will say the menu on the first night is certainly the best. The fillet of beef was very very good. Other highlights included the duck entree and the veal loin as well as the beef carpaccio appetizer.

Personally, I've found Blu on the M-Class ships better than on the S-Class. I've not had any bad experiences but the layout in the space carved from the upper level of the MDR just seems better to me. We've always had good service but on both the Infinity and the Summit, it was even better.

We found the same thing. Neither the service or the food, particularly the Lobster was as good on Eclipse as it was n Millennium. Having said that, we are booked again on Eclipse and hope it is better than last time.

They can also easily upgrade the Solarium. The chairs and chair pads have seen their day. How hard can it be to just get some nice new furniture in there!?

They can also easily upgrade the Solarium. The chairs and chair pads have seen their day. How hard can it be to just get some nice new furniture in there!?

Agree!

BLU on Reflection (Nov) and Connie (1/24) definitely outstanding!