Little French Key?

stinax182

On my cell phone the search option doesn't work so does anyone have any experiences with little French key resort? I'd like to go to a less crowded beach that offers snorkeling. How is the service? What's included? Any advice is appreciated.

Plenty of cruisers going to LFK and loving it.

I have 2 complete reviews in my signature line if you can click on them. We were just there for the second time a few months ago and the place has improved even more (like if that was even possible). We love it there. It's a little slice of heaven. :)

Plenty of cruisers going to LFK and loving it.

I have 2 complete reviews in my signature line if you can click on them. We were just there for the second time a few months ago and the place has improved even more (like if that was even possible). We love it there. It's a little slice of heaven. :)

How would you compare with Maya Key?

How would you compare with Maya Key?

It's really hard to compare the 2 places because they are both so much different...other than they are located on islands. :p

Both have excellent snorkeling: Maya Key you just walk down the pier and get in and it's there. LFK you take a boat or canoe out.

LFK has 3 beaches. Maya Key has basically 1.

Both have adequate shade.

Both have animal enclosures with a variety of animals.

Maya Key will let you hold a monkey at a certain scheduled time over in front of the monkey island habitat. LFK has several animals that you can hold: monkeys, birds, lemurs, pet the horses, donkeys and if you desire...swim with a jaguar.

LFK has different opportunities to do other things such as the jaguar swim, take a horse ride on the beach/in the water, canoes and probably more I'm forgetting. Maya Key doesn't have these things.

Maya Key does have a pool. LFK does not.

Maya Key has the replica ruins area to look around at (more of a history thing if you are in to that).

Both offer a lunch with your day there. Maya Key offers something like water or tea with your lunch and LFK offers 2 drinks coupons to use as you'd like (soda or alchol).

LFK has the extras like different bars to hang out at (with some in the water) and some 2 stories high sitting above the water with a great view. One of them you can jump off of it into the crystal clear water. Maya Key only has the 1 place to get drinks.

MK has a huge store and nice big restrooms. LFK has a small shack for items and a 1 person simple restroom system.

We loved both places and each was a different experience for us. However, I have went to LFK twice now and given the choice, that's where I would return if I go back to Roatan. It keeps getting better each time.

Check out the pictures in my reviews I did (listed in my signature line) and see which place looks like it is the best place for you. I have 1 of Maya Key and 2 of LFK there. :)

• 2 weeks later...
It's really hard to compare the 2 places because they are both so much different...other than they are located on islands. :p

Both have excellent snorkeling: Maya Key you just walk down the pier and get in and it's there. LFK you take a boat or canoe out.

Maya Key will let you hold a monkey at a certain scheduled time over in front of the monkey island habitat. LFK has several animals that you can hold: monkeys, birds, lemurs, pet the horses, donkeys and if you desire...swim with a jaguar.

LFK has different opportunities to do other things such as the jaguar swim, take a horse ride on the beach/in the water, canoes and probably more I'm forgetting. Maya Key doesn't have these things.

Maya Key has the replica ruins area to look around at (more of a history thing if you are in to that).

Both offer a lunch with your day there. Maya Key offers something like water or tea with your lunch and LFK offers 2 drinks coupons to use as you'd like (soda or alchol).

LFK has the extras like different bars to hang out at (with some in the water) and some 2 stories high sitting above the water with a great view. One of them you can jump off of it into the crystal clear water. Maya Key only has the 1 place to get drinks.

MK has a huge store and nice big restrooms. LFK has a small shack for items and a 1 person simple restroom system.

We loved both places and each was a different experience for us. However, I have went to LFK twice now and given the choice, that's where I would return if I go back to Roatan. It keeps getting better each time.

Check out the pictures in my reviews I did (listed in my signature line) and see which place looks like it is the best place for you. I have 1 of Maya Key and 2 of LFK there. :)

Didn't you post previously that you use the Olympus Tough for your underwater shots? I just received mine and am very excited to use it on this upcoming cruise. If i may ask, when using it for underwater shots, then upon return to the cabin, soaking in fresh water to clean the sea water off, the lens ring just unscrews off? I didnt get much direction for this.

Thanks in Advance!

If you want good snorkeling you are better off going to the other side of the island toward the west end of the island. The south side is not as good and you are not near the reef, just a few outcroppings.

If you want good snorkeling you are better off going to the other side of the island toward the west end of the island. The south side is not as good and you are not near the reef, just a few outcroppings.

Thanks, I'm looking at snorkeling over at Tabyana....

Didn't you post previously that you use the Olympus Tough for your underwater shots? I just received mine and am very excited to use it on this upcoming cruise. If i may ask, when using it for underwater shots, then upon return to the cabin, soaking in fresh water to clean the sea water off, the lens ring just unscrews off? I didnt get much direction for this.

Thanks in Advance!

Yes I have an Olympus 620 & 830. I just rinse it off when I get back to the room. I never soak it because there's never enough time. :D I always have it with me for pictures.

There's not anything that screws off...at least not on mine. :confused:

Sorry you didn't find a good snorkel area at LFK, there are several but you do need a guide with a small boat to get to them. If you enter from the shore you cannot reach the reef.

LFK, Maya Cay and Tabyana all have excellent snorkeling areas.

Excellent! One small correction: LFK has bathrooms located in the renovated cafeteria towards the far end of the island, past the jaguar cages. While the cafeteria is not always opened (and it wasn't when I visited on a weekend) the restrooms along its side were available.