Caribbean Princess 4 berth inside cabin

*source*

Have any of you with kids ever done this with success?? I was just pricing the 2 week Baltic cruise in August with my TA and she informed me that the sleeping arrangement is 2 single beds for the adults with 2 pull down beds for the kids.

Is this correct?? :eek:

We've done an inside cabin with the pulldown berths no problem; however, we just have 1 daughter. So we didn't need both of them. The way we set it up was on bed pulled down and the two others push together in queen configuration under it. We set this up on the side away from the entrance so we would have a little more waking room. If you are traveling with both down, it may get a little more cozy and I don't know if you will be able to push the bottom beds together in any way. I would say we still had a great time even with the cozy quarters :) we even watched movies and hung out in the room. And if it means cruising or not... Take the pulldowns!! Our daughter loved the cruise! Truly the cozy room was not an issue for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruised years ago with another couple and we each had two kids. We kept our beds as twins, and they pivoted their queen bed so the head of the bead was right under the pull down tucked into the corner.

(does that make sense?) It gave a bit more room and seemed to work for them. (although I'm not too sure their cabin steward liked making the bed every morning!!):o

Edited by luv2cruz62

We've done an inside cabin with the pulldown berths no problem; however, we just have 1 daughter. So we didn't need both of them. The way we set it up was on bed pulled down and the two others push together in queen configuration under it. We set this up on the side away from the entrance so we would have a little more waking room. If you are traveling with both down, it may get a little more cozy and I don't know if you will be able to push the bottom beds together in any way. I would say we still had a great time even with the cozy quarters :) we even watched movies and hung out in the room. And if it means cruising or not... Take the pulldowns!! Our daughter loved the cruise! Truly the cozy room was not an issue for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have a boy and a girl, so it is good for them not to be on a sofa bed like Royal Caribbean have, but I am not sure my husband is so delighted at the prospect!! ;)

We cruised years ago with another couple and we each had two kids. We kept our beds as twins, and they pivoted their queen bed so the head of the bead was right under the pull down tucked into the corner.

(does that make sense?) It gave a bit more room and seemed to work for them. (although I'm not too sure their cabin steward liked making the bed every morning!!):o

This sounds interesting... I guess you have to see it to understand...

We have also looked at a Balcony cabin as this cruise is a 2 week long cruise. Do people have experience if the balcony cabin is the same configuration if travelling with 4 people? Thanks! :)

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have any pics of balcony cabins set up for 4? I'm starting to freak out about this and wondering if we should just purchase an extra cabin. It is an extra £1500 I would have to find so probably not worth it.... :confused:

Does anyone have any pics of balcony cabins set up for 4? I'm starting to freak out about this and wondering if we should just purchase an extra cabin. It is an extra £1500 I would have to find so probably not worth it.... :confused:

There are some photos on CC I believe.

We have done this in the past with our son's. Beware! Some balcony cabins have the 3rd/4th as a berth from the ceiling or wall but in some the 4th would be a rollaway! This is a safety issue as far as I am concerned. It is put up during the day but it blocks most of the floor near the balcony door when made up at night and actually can block egress through the sliding door. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We have done this in the past with our son's. Beware! Some balcony cabins have the 3rd/4th as a berth from the ceiling or wall but in some the 4th would be a rollaway! This is a safety issue as far as I am concerned. It is put up during the day but it blocks most of the floor near the balcony door when made up at night and actually can block egress through the sliding door. :(

This seems rather unsafe. I think my particular cabin is 2 pullman beds coming out from the wall. I have searched and searched but I can't find any pictures...:(

If you can afford to consider a balcony, how about 2 insides (maybe with a connecting door). Parents in one, kids in the other one.

If you did that, you would need to book with one parent/one kid in each cabin - then after you board, get it switched at PAX services desk.

If you can afford to consider a balcony, how about 2 insides (maybe with a connecting door). Parents in one, kids in the other one.

If you did that, you would need to book with one parent/one kid in each cabin - then after you board, get it switched at PAX services desk.

There are no connecting cabins on the CB. ;)

Other then the family suite. $$$$$$$

Edited by Colo Cruiser

This seems rather unsafe. I think my particular cabin is 2 pullman beds coming out from the wall. I have searched and searched but I can't find any pictures...:(

Here is one with the beds folded up.

100_4107090509CrownPrincessCabinD-508deck9.jpg

No rollaway on the Caribbean Princess because she was built after 1998.

Or possibly one balcony for the parents, and an inside across the hall for the kids.

Be sure to mark the bookings "no upgrade" if you do two cabins, so you don't get split up :eek:.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

The photo posted is a good one, as you can see how small the rooms are. Is it doable? yes, plenty of people do it, including my brother & SIL when they cruised with their two children.

Having the inside cabins configured as twins, which they will be when using the upper births, makes the room seem bigger. The two nightstand in the photo will be placed side by side under the mirror. So instead of 45cm on each side of the bed, you gain a more useable 90cm of floor space between the beds. This does make a difference.

The layout of the bathroom and closet space on this class of ship, also helps when sharing as a family, as you do have a bit more privacy.

the balcony rooms have a different (better) layout, but still work better with the bottom berths as twins.

Having posted, I had to come back as I realised the best way to answer your question was to refer you to Jo and Robs cabin tour videos, so much better than photos :)

They are members here and often travel as a family of four. On different lines and in different room types.

Some one will correct me if I am wrong, but I am assuming that the room layout on the Caribbean is the same as the other grand class ships. Such as Emerald, Crown etc. these are also the same as P & O's Azura and Ventura so they have a few videos worth watching.

The link should be the Crown Princess cabin tour, imagine a mirror rather than the window. There is also an Azura balcony tour on their channel.

Edited by Pink-belle

Thanks so much to all of you who posted. This is incredible advice - and the you tube video was superb. I have decided I am going to attempt to call my TA (who has been less than helpful thus far!) and switch to 2 inside cabins instead of the balcony.

I hope I don't regret it... I love me a balcony, I do!! :eek:

Wow. I don't think there's much left to wonder about after that video. Very nicely done and a great source of info for anybody interested in this type of cabin.

Thanks so much to all of you who posted. This is incredible advice - and the you tube video was superb. I have decided I am going to attempt to call my TA (who has been less than helpful thus far!) and switch to 2 inside cabins instead of the balcony.

I hope I don't regret it... I love me a balcony, I do!! :eek:

We have done exactly the same on the same cruise. You don't spend much time in there anyway. I'm sure we will have a great time!

We have done exactly the same on the same cruise. You don't spend much time in there anyway. I'm sure we will have a great time!

Did you have the balcony - or switch to 2 x inside cabins? I am just pricing the change currently!!

Did you have the balcony - or switch to 2 x inside cabins? I am just pricing the change currently!!

We booked 2 insides at the time.But like you we looked at Balcony cabins. My teens are 6'2" and 5'10" ! We've had a balcony for 4 before and although ok the bathroom can get quite busy and I'd rather not sleep in bunks if I'm honest . But that's personal preference. I would do it again but thought we would go for the inside option this time.

We have booked 2 neighbouring inside cabins I think it worked out cheaper as well. It will be novel for us as we are used to being 4 up in our cabin!

Edited by Jaj45
Add

Just a tip. If you get two cabins and want them close together make sure you tell the TA that. Mark your bookings no upgrade - As princess may decide to 'upgrade' one of you (not always an upgrade in some people 's eyes to a different area of the ship).