Buying Future Cruise Credits for friends?

Jessejo

I researched these boards for answers to this question. They all said it wasn't possible. However I called my TA today and he asked Princess. They said we can buy FCC's for our friends if we have their Captain's Club numbers. Anyone had any luck doing this? We're booked on the Emerald in a few weeks and plan to buy FCC for a 2016 cruise to Alaska with the friends.

Thanks

I researched these boards for answers to this question. They all said it wasn't possible. However I called my TA today and he asked Princess. They said we can buy FCC's for our friends if we have their Captain's Club numbers. Anyone had any luck doing this? We're booked on the Emerald in a few weeks and plan to buy FCC for a 2016 cruise to Alaska with the friends.

Thanks

Not possible, the person its for must be onboard when they purchase. :)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

My TA put me on hold while he talked to a Princess agent who had to ask a higher up... I read last week that you can now buy Gift Cards for friends and family, so maybe it's a new policy. I think you can do it on Celebrity.

My TA put me on hold while he talked to a Princess agent who had to ask a higher up... I read last week that you can now buy Gift Cards for friends and family, so maybe it's a new policy. I think you can do it on Celebrity.

Gift cards are just like any store gift card, of course anyone can buy them. ;)

An FCC is a different story.

Thank goodness this is Princess and not Celebrity. :eek:

Gift cards are just like any store gift card, of course anyone can buy them. ;)

An FCC is a different story.

Thank goodness this is Princess and not Celebrity. :eek:

You can give gift cards, just not FCCs.

Colo Cruiser, I second the sentiment!

Princess is not Celebrity... it's like comparing apples to oranges... both cruise lines do things differently.

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

We were on he Emerald for the Fall trans-Atl and tried to buy FCC for a cruise we're planning with friends. The woman doing the future cruises was emphatic that we could not even book a cabin in their names. Actually, she went past emphatic into downright rude. Good luck.

Who knows what princess is doing...

But I did find it interesting that on 2 recent cruises last Jan.& Dec that in a box on my summary or somewhere it said friends are eligible for the same rate I was paying if I wanted to bring them along. And on the Jan. cruise I had a very, very good fare. It was a Caribbean cruise.

Edited by land lover

Who knows what princess is doing...

But I did find it interesting that on 2 recent cruises last Jan.& Dec that in a box on my summary or somewhere it said friends are eligible for the same rate I was paying if I wanted to bring them along.

Thats been true for many years. (share the wealth) They would share the same fare as long as you are all on the same cruise together. ;)

Nothing to do with FCC's.

We were on he Emerald for the Fall trans-Atl and tried to buy FCC for a cruise we're planning with friends. The woman doing the future cruises was emphatic that we could not even book a cabin in their names. Actually, she went past emphatic into downright rude. Good luck.

ROFLOL:D yep...some can be that way on the ship.....

Is this maybe the difference between an FCC and an FCD. People on CC keep refering to FCDs as FCCs. For an FCC you could perhaps make a deposit to someones already booked cruise account as a gift, but it can't be used for the Cruise Deposit. FCDs are purchased on board to use as a deposit on a future cruise.

Is this maybe the difference between an FCC and an FCD. People on CC keep refering to FCDs as FCCs. For an FCC you could perhaps make a deposit to someones already booked cruise account as a gift, but it can't be used for the Cruise Deposit. FCDs are purchased on board to use as a deposit on a future cruise.

Future Cruise Deposits on board are documented on a Future Cruise Certificate.

In other words, no difference.

On Princess this is not a gift to someone else's already booked cruise.

An FCC is the same as an FCD. Credit/Deposit... whatever you call it, it's either a deposit on a cruise booked while onboard or a credit that can be used as the deposit on a cruise after returning home.

If your friends are onboard and you want to pay for their FCC, go for it! Princess doesn't care as long as they get the money. However, the FCC must be for a passenger on the current cruise. You can't buy one for someone who isn't booked and sailing on the ship when you submit the form.

Yes you CAN buy them after your cruise (within 30 days) but the OBC given is lower than if you purchased them onboard. I found this out the hard way by not being concerned with dropping the form off when onboard a prior cruise.

Yes you CAN buy them after your cruise (within 30 days) but the OBC given is lower than if you purchased them onboard. I found this out the hard way by not being concerned with dropping the form off when onboard a prior cruise.

Yes, that's true. You can buy them for yourself after you get home from your cruise and within 30 days of your last cruise but you cannot buy them for someone who wasn't even on that cruise to begin with - and, the OBC is less than if you had purchased the FCCs when onboard.

An FCC is the same as an FCD. Credit/Deposit... whatever you call it, it's either a deposit on a cruise booked while onboard or a credit that can be used as the deposit on a cruise after returning home.

All credits will show in the Personalizer as Future Cruise Credits, including Insurance refunds, Loyalty credits, purchased Future Cruise Deposits etc., but only FCDs can be used for discounted cruise deposits. I believe that is what the OP wanted to purchase. FCDs are a particular type of FCC.

Yes, that's true. You can buy them for yourself after you get home from your cruise and within 30 days of your last cruise but you cannot buy them for someone who wasn't even on that cruise to begin with - and, the OBC is less than if you had purchased the FCCs when onboard.

I didn't say they could be bought for someone else, I was clarifing a prior post saying they could be bought within 30 days after YOUR cruise, letting them know the OBC was less. Sorry it wasn't clear to you what I was saying.