Cost of alcoholic drinks on Infinity

friendlyfifer

Hi we have a Classic drinks package. Where can I find a full list of the price of alcoholic drinks on board? I want to see if this package is enough for us or whether we should upgrade to the Premium drinks package. Also does the package cover us for coffees in the speciality cafe? Thanks

Yes the classic package does cover the coffees in Cafe al Bacio.

It's hard to get an accurate price list for drinks - X is always changing what's available at what price. What might be OK this month might change next month. Your best bet is to try out your package on board and if it's not filling your wants, upgrade on board.

• 2 weeks later...

I should have read the small print but I was surprised to learn that if you have a beverage that is not included in the classic package you pay the full amount. For example, I wanted to try a glass of wine that was not in our package and later learned I was billed the full $15 for the glass not just the difference between it and the package cap ($9 I think). Apparently with the Premium you only pay the difference.

To their credit the severs twice made it clear that what I was ordering was off-package.

Edited by BC Eddie

I should have read the small print but I was surprised to learn that if you have a beverage that is not included in the classic package you pay the full amount. For example, I wanted to try a glass of wine that was not in our package and later learned I was billed the full $15 for the glass not just the difference between it and the package cap ($9 I think). Apparently with the Premium you only pay the difference.

To their credit the severs twice made it clear that what I was ordering was off-package.

Yes, that is why it is just easier to upgrade to the premium package. This way you can drink at the Molecular Bar and enjoy the large martinis with the higher end ingredients at the Martini Bar. You can also enjoy the more expensive craft beers on board as well. All for only 11.80 per day including tip.

$11.80 perday???? I am assuming that you are referring to the price of the upgrade. What is the total price of that package if you dont mind my asking?

Thanks

Doug

The Classic is 49 per day, the Premium is 59 per day, plus the 18% gratuity. The Classic and gratuity is included with your cabin for two people if you stay in an Oceanview or better as part of the 123 promotion. It is usually much cheaper to stay in an OV with the promotion instead of an inside and paying for the package. But of course you always have the option to stay in an inside and then get the package with as few as three days left in your cruise.

• 1 year later...

We have the classic beverage included in our stay. I really don't like that there are 2 different packages. Makes things so complicated. Are there only certain bars you can drink in with the classic? If we wanted to go to the martini bar is that extra? Also that wine bar where you can sample different wines. Is any of that included? I read you said as little as 3 days so if we wanted to start our cruise off and upgrade for a few days could we just take it off for the last 4 days or do we need to keep it premium once we upgrade?

We have the classic beverage included in our stay. I really don't like that there are 2 different packages. Makes things so complicated. Are there only certain bars you can drink in with the classic? If we wanted to go to the martini bar is that extra? Also that wine bar where you can sample different wines. Is any of that included? I read you said as little as 3 days so if we wanted to start our cruise off and upgrade for a few days could we just take it off for the last 4 days or do we need to keep it premium once we upgrade?

The only bar that doesn't serve drinks covered by the Classis is the Molecular Bar/World class bar. You can go to the Martini Bar and have a cocktail, beer or glass of wine that is within your package limits. The large Martini's served at the Martini Bar are above the limit of the Classic package. But you can get a standard size martini at other bars.

Cellar Masters probably doesn't have wines that are included in the Classic package.

The biggest difference between the Classic & Premium packages is the brands of alcohol eg: a gin & tonic made with Tanguary is covered by the Classic package; a gin & tonic made with Tanguary #10 is what you can get with the Premium package.

If you upgrade your package you must upgrade for the remainder of the cruise; so if you are on a 14 day cruise and upgrade on day 4 you will have to upgrade for the remaining 10 nights

I would suggest you try the Classic package for a few days and if you find you want things above the package you can upgrade.

The only bar that doesn't serve drinks covered by the Classis is the Molecular Bar/World class bar. You can go to the Martini Bar and have a cocktail, beer or glass of wine that is within your package limits. The large Martini's served at the Martini Bar are above the limit of the Classic package. But you can get a standard size martini at other bars.

Cellar Masters probably doesn't have wines that are included in the Classic package.

The biggest difference between the Classic & Premium packages is the brands of alcohol eg: a gin & tonic made with Tanguary is covered by the Classic package; a gin & tonic made with Tanguary #10 is what you can get with the Premium package.

If you upgrade your package you must upgrade for the remainder of the cruise; so if you are on a 14 day cruise and upgrade on day 4 you will have to upgrade for the remaining 10 nights

I would suggest you try the Classic package for a few days and if you find you want things above the package you can upgrade.

I agree wholeheartedly and if you are going to upgrade, just do it in the morning so you won't be charged for the extra day.

Also, there are a few wines that they will make available to you under the classic package in the wine bar. It is most likely the same wine you can get anywhere else on the ship on the classic package.

I found little reason to upgrade to the premium package other than to get better wines. I am not particular about the kind of gin or vodka they use in my drink, though. Sure, I like Grey Goose but don't have to have it in my bloody mary. But your wine options will be very limited on the classic package. They might work for you, though ... and I have stayed with the classic package on occasion and lived to tell about it. The craft beers are also only offered on the premium package if that is important to you. I like Corona so was fine with the classic as far as beer goes.

Most all coffee drinks at Cafe al Bacio are included in the classic package.

Thanks Jelayne & Cruise Raider. This is what my husband and I keep tossing around. It's not going to be like one of our tropical vacations that we are drinking more than usual. We will have wine with dinner and a drink or 2 at night. I think we'll stick with the classic and see how it goes. I don't think we will consume the cost of the upgrade. It's nice to know the coffee drinks are included he does like specialty coffees. I appreciate you taking the time out to write me :) Cheers!

I don't think we will consume the cost of the upgrade.
The upgrade is 10.00, plus 18% gratuity, or 11.80 per person per day. One drink in the World Class bar or a large Martini at the Martini Bar and you're way ahead of the game. If you're a wine drinker, then the limited choices under the classic may cause you to upgrade as well.

Good descriptions of drinks included in our package

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/free-drinks/drinks-inclusions.html

What's included in your free drinks package?

Probably a lot more than you'd think. Guests can choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinks up to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving. Plus, a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle, even our prized reserve wine list and rare wine list. Your package also includes limitless soft drinks – that’s all carbonated drinks, bottled juices and freshly squeezed juices, premium coffees and teas, and bottled water.

All your favourite beers

There’s nothing quite like that first refreshing sip of perfectly chilled (free) beer, and it tastes even better when toasting your holiday. The Classic Drinks Package includes a variety of popular brands of beer and cider from around the world including America, England, The Netherlands and Mexico.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Included: Bud Light • Budweiser • Coors Lite • Miller Lite • Heineken Light • Heineken • Corona • Corona Light • Strongbow • Amstel • Amstel Light • Dos Equis • Tiger • Franziskaner • John Smith’s Extra Smooth (sailings from the UK only)

42 cocktails to choose from

Shaken or stirred, a cooling cocktail made to order goes hand in hand with luxury cruising, so request your favourites as often as you like from our extensive list of 42. As the drinks are on us, splash out with fresh Mimonas for an extra special breakfast, or match your choice of cocktail with your itinerary for an authentic twist - try a Dark & Stormy in the Caribbean or a Black Russian as you port in St Petersburg.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Included: Americano • Bahama Mama • Between The Sheets • Black Russian • Bloody Mary • Brandy Alexander • Cape Cod • Flavoured Daiquiris • Gimlet Fizz • Golden Cadillac • Harvey Wallbanger • Kamikaze • Mai Tai • Manhattan • Flavoured Margaritas • Mojito • Martinis • Negroni • Old Fashioned • Pink Lady • Planters Punch • Rum Punch • Salty Dog • Sea Breeze • Side Car • Sloe Gin Fizz • Tequila Sunrise • Vodka Sour • Rum Runner • Sweet Tea Lemonade • Long Island Iced Tea • Mimosa • Caipirinha • Captain’s Mai Tai • Citrus Mojito • Dark & Stormy • Frozen Daiquiri

Wines

We’re home to one of the largest and rarest wine collections at sea, and it’s just waiting to be explored. From aged classics to New World varieties, you’ll find all the popular grape varieties (such as Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot, Pino Noir and other red blends) and if you fancy experimenting, our expert sommeliers are on hand to guide and recommend. The Classic Drinks Package includes limitless wine by the glass, plus a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle, even our prized reserve wine list and rare wine list. Bottoms up!

Included: House collection of most popular grape varieties, such as Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot, Pino Noir & other red blends plus Prosecco served by the glass

Alcohol-free Choices

Your free Classic Drinks Package also includes limitless soft drinks – that’s all carbonated drinks, bottled juices and freshly squeezed juices, premium coffees and teas, and bottled water. Rest assured, whenever you need a teetotal moment of calm there’s a refreshment to perfectly hit the spot.

With our current cruise offer, you’ll also get complimentary, limitless soft drinks for your 3rd and 4th guests. Staying active and entertained is thirsty work for kids so the Classic Non-alcoholic Package is ideal and convenient, with a non-stop supply of favourites to keep them happy and hydrated.

Included: Fountain (on-tap) & selected can soda • Fresh and bottled juices • Premium coffees and teas • Non-premium bottled water • Smoothies • Frozen drinks

Are the desserts and gelato in the coffee cafe included to or do you have to pay for those?

The pastries & desserts @ Café Al Baccio are complimentary for all guests. You do pay for the Gelato - although the Affogato (gelato w/ espresso) is included in the Classic beverage package & very tasty :)