Ports Visited Questionnaire

Groovybusybee

We disembarked from our latest cruise on the 11th July 2014.

Tonight I received via e-mail a very detailed ports visited questionnaire from Celebrity.

Now I enjoyed our cruise, it was memorable but seriously Celebrity you want me to comment on the cleanliness of ports, availability of Celebrity tours and Celebrity shuttles some seven months later?? I'd say my memory is fairly good but this is ridiculous!

In fact I thought it had been sent i error until I read it more closely, they quoted the correct embarkation date and yet still referred to my recent cruise.

If they think seven months is recent that perhaps explains why they take so long to respond at any questions!

I got one last week about the ports we visited on the Silhouette TA this past November. Yeah, they should be a little more timely -- maybe when they send out the cruise questionnaire.

Edited by Wine-O

We disembarked from our latest cruise on the 11th July 2014.

Tonight I received via e-mail a very detailed ports visited questionnaire from Celebrity.

Now I enjoyed our cruise, it was memorable but seriously Celebrity you want me to comment on the cleanliness of ports, availability of Celebrity tours and Celebrity shuttles some seven months later?? I'd say my memory is fairly good but this is ridiculous!

In fact I thought it had been sent i error until I read it more closely, they quoted the correct embarkation date and yet still referred to my recent cruise.

If they think seven months is recent that perhaps explains why they take so long to respond at any questions!

We also disembarked from Infinity last July and only got the questionnaire this week - sailed on another cruise with Royal in between :D.

We too just received a survey, but the line was not X, it was the Serenade of the Seas from RCI. The survey was definitely from Celebrity, but was asking about past ports, in addition to regions and ports that we would like to visit.

We received a similar survey relating to a Royal Caribbean cruise. It was interesting in that it was not our last cruise. . . . But, like you a cruise more than 6 months ago.

I think the parent company is rethinking ports. There are some that have a poor reputation. My concern with the survey was there was not a free response area.

Don't look at the trees, look at the forest. These are marketing emails, cloaked as questionnaires. The goal is to remind folks and have them think about cruising. I actually wonder if anyone will even read the responses....which of course really have little value, given the time that's passed.

If they really wanted the input, do you think they would wait six months?

Don't look at the trees, look at the forest. These are marketing emails, cloaked as questionnaires. The goal is to remind folks and have them think about cruising. I actually wonder if anyone will even read the responses....which of course really have little value, given the time that's passed.

If they really wanted the input, do you think they would wait six months?

I try to look at the glass half full. Perhaps they are looking out at the 2107 sailings, long range planning, and want to make some port changes..... We already have a lot of future cruises planned and on their books, so we would not need reminders about cruising...

We were on the Silhouette TA with you Wine-0 and we got the questionaire from RCI (yes, I know, parent company) We also got one from Celebrity for the wrong ship so I deleted that one.

I just gave them mostly high marks because I know they're going to give my a big OBC for my 20 grueling minutes, reaching into the depths of my failing memory to fill this out!

Edited by TeaBag

We got one last week for our July Alaska cruise. Since it was our 2nd time on this itinerary it was easy to remember. If it had been a 14 day Caribbean cruise it might have been more difficult. The funny thing was the questions about disembarking, cleanness of the port, etc. on the days we cruised the inside passage and Hubbard Glacier.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

I receive the survey about my TA last October on the Infinity. It included questions about a port (Lisbon) that we never made. Waste of time.

I got this survey too. Due to the bad weather we did not visit Lisbon but did visit Ponta Delgada which was not mentioned and there was no chance to comment on this port. I expected there to be an extra box to add comments but there was none. It was difficult to comment accurately on the visit to Bermuda as it had just been hit by a hurricane so did not look too pretty!!

An incentive for completing these surveys would be a nice touch - possibly a draw for a monthly prize of OBC ?

I did the survey yesterday for our November Reflection cruise.

I would LOVE if they revamped some of the Eastern/Western itineraries.

We only do Caribbean sailings, and (I know, first world problems) am getting tired of the same ports that we seem to repeat on every sailing.

We picked Carnival Dream because it took us to Roatan and Belize - so excited that we had two new ports to visit, and both of those were cancelled on our sailing :(

The survey was quick, but the opportunity to provide some written feedback would have been nice.

I just received this survey about my December cruise on Azamara. I was actually really happy to get it, as I have always been disappointed that the RCI family of brands don't ever ask for detailed opinions on ports in their regular surveys. When I sail with Crystal, their surveys are extremely in-depth, including ports. This was a nice change to give some feedback since I cruise for the ports - and I've always wanted to tell them I would LOVE to take a Meditterranean cruise that doesn't include Naples or Civitavecchia for a change!:D

Maybe this "survey" is just a marketing ploy, but it would be great if they gain some valuable feedback.

Michael