New Concerns About Quality

drfun48

As a first time X cruiser, i am becoming increasingly concerned of the serious issues being raised. I am starting to question my decision to try X, after reading of these most disturbing lapses- Defective M& M's, melting ice cream!! Am starting to dread this cruise already? What shall I do -- Upgrade to the premium drinks package to assuage my frayed expectations and drown my dread or simply moan, whinge and complain endlessly into the cyber ether???? Advice from the experienced onm which way to turn is most welcome....

I did check with customer relations about the same issue and they assured me that while we were in fact receiving fewer sprinkles, that they were longer in length and the nice young lady assured me that lenght does matter.

When I asked her if width was also important, she just smiled and said of course.

Addressing another issue,it's no wonder the ice cream appears to melt so quickly. How are you expected to finish it before it melts when they give you those silly little plastic spoons intended for Lilliputians .I demand a man-side spoon---wake up and listen ,Celebrity.

All I could think of upon reading that....

rejected-spoon.jpg

Please tell me why they give you a tablespoon in the dining room to eat your ice-cream. This is a crazy world we live in. :eek:

I think they want you to eat your ice cream quickly in case a flash mob waving napkins breaks out.

When I first started cruising in 1873 ice cream was served out of a giant brass barrel which was constantly being churned by a trained Capuchin monkey while a calliope played polka tunes. Nowadays all the brass has been replaced by fake chrome, monkeys exist only as service animals and calliopes playing Polka have gone the way the dinosaurs.

We all seem to be on the same page on this issue. Now let's see if Celebrity finally does something about the appalling decline in quality at the ice cream station. Bring back the monkeys!

I am always more worried that they might run out of fresh air. After reading some of these "amazing" complaints, I know there is always hot air but can someone re-assure me that there will be fresh air. My first time cruising and I need to know if I should pack my own.

When I first started cruising in 1873 ice cream was served out of a giant brass barrel which was constantly being churned by a trained Capuchin monkey while a calliope played polka tunes. Nowadays all the brass has been replaced by fake chrome, monkeys exist only as service animals and calliopes playing Polka have gone the way the dinosaurs.

We all seem to be on the same page on this issue. Now let's see if Celebrity finally does something about the appalling decline in quality at the ice cream station. Bring back the monkeys!

Service animals???....on a Celebrity ship??...now you've crossed a line!

Probably chinese knock off M&M's made with toxic waste and heavy metals to increase flavor.......not to mention delicious mutagentic substances....

Agreed! And I suspect a number were counterfeit as the lacked their customary printed logos.

I was flabbergasted to see they were serving After Eight ice cream at 7:00 pm! :eek::eek::eek: Clearly they do not know how to tell time. :p:D

Its just that they are still confused about the Mexican day light savings time which took place in the middle of the winter.....It WAS 8:00, but only if you were on the Western Itinerary.....

I am concerned on my last Sillhouette cruise there was a distinct shortage of bright blue m and ms, jelly beans and other associated sweets. I need to collect these lovely bright blue E ridden delights so I can give them to any annoying kid each evening. I know how much their mummies and daddies love me at 1am when I do that