Diamond Lounge Access with Husband Who is not diamond

My husband and I are taking an upcoming Australia and New Zealand Cruise.

It is my first cruise at the diamond level, Will he be able to come to the lounge with me?

I am seeing conflicting information on this board.

I was excited to try the lounge out, but I will not be going if he cannot go with me.

Thanks for any info.

you need to cal C&A and have his status tied to yours. while he will not have the actual points, he will be granted your status for as long as the marriage lasts.

he will accrue points on his own though..so he'd be a D with zero points.( or however many he has on his own merits)

you need to cal C&A and have his status tied to yours. while he will not have the actual points, he will be granted your status for as long as the marriage lasts.

he will accrue points on his own though..so he'd be a D with zero points.( or however many he has on his own merits)

Actually, once he is given the D status, it will likely not be removed, even if the couple split up. A few years ago, there were some posts from a woman whose husband became D when they married. Then they divorced and he never lost the status. She complained that even divorced, he was able to get cruise benefits because of her past cruises.

M

In order for your husband to share your diamond staus he would have to be a C&A member.

If he is not a C&A member but has taken one cruise with RCI then he can enroll in C&A and be linked to your membership and receive the Diamond benefits.

If he has not taken a cruise with Royal then he will have to wait until after your cruise and join at that time and unfortunately will not be able to share the benefits with you.

Someone recently posted that to get around this requirement of having to complete one cruise to get a C&A membership that you can call MLife and enroll in that and then use that number to get a C&A number.

Actually, once he is given the D status, it will likely not be removed, even if the couple split up. A few years ago, there were some posts from a woman whose husband became D when they married. Then they divorced and he never lost the status. She complained that even divorced, he was able to get cruise benefits because of her past cruises.

M

That is correct....once given to spouse or significant other it is not taken away....even if no longer together.

• 3 weeks later...

So I contacted Royal and after waiting a long time for an e-mail response I was able to sign him up with Crown and Anchor with an M life number since his first cruise will be our upcoming one, and they attached him to my status so he now has diamond privileges. Happy because on my first cruise as diamond I was looking forward to the lounge etc. Thanks to everyone for the help and the suggestions.

I was in the same situation except I married a diamond. I called the other day and had my C&A number linked to him so I am now a diamond member. I received the same number of points that he currently has (I went from 25 points to 83 points)

I need to call and have my husband changed to my diamond status too. Do they require any kind of proof of marriage? ( I didn't change my name when we married)

Thanks!

No proof needed, you just need to have the same residence address and state that you are each other's significant other.

No proof needed. Just need his C&A number and yours. I haven't changed my name yet either since my passport still says my maiden name and I had no problem changing it. They just ask your birthdates also.

As a precaution, be sure to take a screen shot of your cruise history before you have someone linked to your account.

I have taken more cruises than my husband and wanted him to have the same status as me. When I contacted C&A about linking us, there was a "system glitch" and instead of him getting my diamond status, I was brought down to his platinum status. When they tried to fix that, they deleted some cruises from my history to match his history instead of manually changing his status. Since I didn't have a screen shot of my history, I had to send them proof that I had taken the deleted cruises before they would added them back. I had my old Sea Pass cards, but some of them were from before they started color-coding the cards based on cabin type. I had sailed in a suite on one of the cruises that was deleted but because I only had the Sea Pass card and not an invoice from my booking or ship account with the cabin number to prove that I had sailed in a suite, they wouldn't give me the bonus points back.

When I made diamond plus status after my last RC cruise, my husband's status automatically changed to match mine. I was a little nervous because of the previous problems.