Concierge Lounge gone from Oasis

djjoe

It is unfortunate that the waiter messed up your orders. That was not the case on our Allure cruise. The food and service in the CL was wonderful. We are still disappointed that the Breakfast and Lunches in the CL have been eliminated.

Though one waiter on one cruise did a poor job (somewhat similar to the report of another CC poster on this thread), I too am sorry to see the Oasis CL hot breakfasts and lunchs go. Since there was no such offerings in CL's of other ships, it was a pleasant surprise when we learned of their existence. I enjoyed them while they lasted, but, if they were ever on the lists of perks promised to D+ cruisers on any ship, the line was free to discontinue them at any time without any notice. they seem to want to offer the special service as a perk to those in suites, who are paying for it on that cruise in the suite fare. Now, if I really want it, I'll have to pay up, too. I can accept that.

Edited by Starry Eyes

I start each and every morning on the Oasis at JRs... before I go surfing on the flowrider. Super awesome, even when I was sitting in the rain..

jc

Same here. Enough time for breakfast, prior to advanced riding. In less than 3 weeks and that will be me. :D

Thanks Sir, now that you have minimized the opinions that you don't agree with and patted yourself on the back for the ones you do agree with...I hope you have a good night
Wow - we have a real disconnect on what I said and your comprehending what I said. I don't recall disagreeing with anyone's disappointment but rather their lack of accepting change for an EXCLUSIVE PERK onboard Oasis that is not even publicized anywhere else. But thanks, I had a great night and my arm is NOT sore from patting myself on the back. Oh yeah, I prefer ma'am instead of sir. So does my husband. :D

Now that extra offering (nice as it was) has disappeared off Oasis. I understand the disappointment, but it was always an extra, not a promised perk. Even if the room were still called the CL, that extra could have been discontinued at any time without any notice.
Welcome to the world of common sense. JC and I welcome you to our small universe. I would guess the B/L was on borrowed time once the Diamond Breakfast was discontinued on so many ships. I don't think it exists anymore either. Edited by wolfganghowell

Wow - we have a real disconnect on what I said and your comprehending what I said. I don't recall disagreeing with anyone's disappointment but rather their lack of accepting change for an EXCLUSIVE PERK onboard Oasis that is not even publicized anywhere else. But thanks, I had a great night and my arm is NOT sore from patting myself on the back. Oh yeah, I prefer ma'am instead of sir. So does my husband. :D

Welcome to the world of common sense. JC and I welcome you to our small universe. I would guess the B/L was on borrowed time once the Diamond Breakfast was discontinued on so many ships. I don't think it exists anymore either.

I loved your response!

JC, you are lucky and I am jealous. Have great rides, and leave some padding for me to fall on. :D

Andrew

If you are there in 3 weeks, it will then be my turn to be jealous. Although after 12 days of stand-up, I may be too tired to be envious.

:eek::D

jc

Depends on what you call lunch. I believe there is a buffet on port days

The lunch on port days is called a "continental lunch". I am not sure what that means but DW and I are in a suite on the next (2/28/2015) Oasis sailing, so I will find out then. Meanwhile, I have pasted the latest complete list of suite benefits below:

Dear Suite Guest,

Our names are Allan and Israel and we are your Concierge onboard the amazing Oasis of the Seas. We are honored that you have chosen Royal Caribbean for your cruise vacation. I will be available to assist you throughout your cruise. My hours in the Suite Lounge are daily from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

As a suite guest you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard the Oasis of the Seas. For your convenience, here is a brief summary of the services:

• Use of the Suite Lounge located on deck 17 aft.

• Continental Breakfast in the Suite Lounge, deck 17 daily from 7:30 am to 10:00 am.

• Ala Carte Breakfast in Coastal Kitchen, deck 17 from 8:00 am to 10:00 am the days at sea (port days 7:30 pm to 10:00 am).

• Ala Carte Lunch in Coastal Kitchen, deck 17 daily from noon to 1:30 pm ( days at Sea) , Continental Lunch available noon till 2:00 pm ( days at Port)

• Complimentary beverages served in the Suite Lounge daily from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

• Ala carte dinner at Coastal Kitchen, deck 17 starboard side, from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm (reservations are required; please dial 29190 between 9:00 am and 3:30 pm).

• Spa bathrobes for use onboard and upgraded bathroom toiletries.

• Exclusive Reception for suite guests with the Captain and Senior Officers (please find invitation left in the suite).

• Daily Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant menus displayed in the lounge.

• Full Dining Room service privilege, available when Dining Room is open (please see the insert menus in the Suite Binder).

• Reservations for any of our Specialty Restaurants, Sport Activities, Shore Excursions, Vitality Spa services.

• Complimentary pressing service on the first formal night.

• Private sun deck with loungers and cabanas on deck 17 forward. (Cabanas are limited and are available on a first-come-first served basis). Deck 17 sun deck is a smoke-free area.

• Complementary luggage valet and onboard check-in service for flights out of Fort Lauderdale and Miami’s airport with eligible airlines.

• Limited VIP seats for the shows in Opal Theater (First 2 rows center, Deck 5), Studio B (Three front rows on left hand side pavilion) and Aqua Theater (first 2 rows from the top). Please show your SeaPass card at the entrance 20 minutes prior to show time as booked seats will be given away 10 minutes prior to show time.

• Mattel Board Games available under request in the Suite Lounge (please see the insert menu in the Suite Binder).

• Complimentary fruit plate and Evian water on boarding day

• Upgraded bathroom amenities.

The Barefoot Beach Club & Cabanas are located on the private island destination of Labadee. This exclusive beach, is available only to the top suite guests and those guests renting cabanas (up to 6 guests), offers VIP service and amenities to enhance the vacation experience of these valued guests. Cabana reservations are for the entire day in Labadee, charges are per cabana and not per person. You could reserve a cabana at your earliest convenience by replying to this email. Bear in mind the "24 hours Cancellation Policy". Guests who previously sailed on Royal Caribbean ships and are aware of the cabanas contact Royal Advantage (shore side office help desk for suite guests) due to this reason some cabana categories may sell out faster than others. Please note these reservations are in a first-come-first service.

We only have 7 Hilltop Cabana's - $225 and 6 Standard Cabana's - $175 on your cruise .

The Genesis Class ship (Oasis and Allure) are the only two ships that require reservations for most of the shows, these reservations are electronic, for guests in staterooms. Gold SeaPass cards holders (suite guests) are able to attend the shows without processing reservations by only showing their gold SeaPass card at the entrance and can also access the reserved VIP area at the entertainment venues (due to the limited space, the only exception is the Comedy Live for the Adult Standup Comedy Show where reservations are still required and there is no reserved seating area). Once onboard please visit me in the Suite Lounge on Day 1 and I will be glad to process Standup Comedy reservations for you if needed.

Great News! make your own reservations for our entertainment venues, dining, Vitality at Sea Spa and sports, as well as, Explorations! on-line please visit our website. In order to complete your on-line reservations you will need to have your booking ID and sailing date. Click here to book your reservations ---> http://www.royalcaribbean.com/home.do

We will be able to assist you onboard with Spa and Shore Excursions on Boarding Day in the Suite Lounge on Deck 17 from 1:00 pm until 3:30 pm and 5:00 pm till 8:30 pn.

The Suite Lounge is a private area exclusive for guests staying in the Grand Suites and above categories and is accessible 24-hours with your SeaPass card.

Dress code:

We respectfully request that guests observe a casual dress code (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times) when visiting the lounge.

Age requirement:

To ensure all our guests are able to enjoy these exclusive venues we require that all guests 20 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

The lounge is designated smoke-free area. Food and beverages are for consumption within the lounge only.

It will be our pleasure to assist you in any way to make your cruise experience the more enjoyable and wish you an unforgettable time onboard the Oasis of the Seas.

We look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email me back if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Allan Fajardo and Israel Sanchez

The coastal kitchen has a gold card lock on it, not sure who started the rumour that it is available to junior suite owners, but it is not true. Just tried our JS key.

I think it might be available to JS on the Quantum, but not 100% sure. on the Oasis as you just stated it is GS and above

Just off the Jan 31 Oasis. Concerning the Coastal Kitchen. We were told by Sean/Shawn (not sure of the spelling but the guy that manages the Coastal Kitchen) that Pinnacle/suite guests can bring guests of their own for meals in the Coastal Kitchen. No mention of "if there is room..." Nothing was ever mentioned to us about Junior Suites being allowed in sometimes for dinner. The JS would have to be a guest of a suite/Pinnacle I guess. Also, reservations are highly recommended for dinner.

He also mentioned that Coastal Kitchen is only open for lunch on sea days. He said hardly anyone shows up for lunch on port days and they couldn't justify keeping the necessary staffing up there for an empty restaurant.

The Suite Lounge has a buffet area on the other side for continental breakfasts, buffet type lunch food, and hors-d'oeuvres for the evening. This was offered for all 7 days we were onboard.

Tim