Concierge Lounge gone from Oasis

djjoe

Ok, so I'm officially confused. What happened to the new, and very nice, Diamond Lounge that was constructed on Deck 4 port side during the drydock?

We were there in November. It was a fabulous room with nice furniture & a great 'buffet' access type snack area.

We had a large dining room table there every night with our dining room companions.

What a waste to have lost this.

I am a little confused... I am only a poor Gold in Crown and Anchor but am taking my first cruise in a suite on Freedom of the Seas this spring. I have been on Oasis twice and our favorite spot for pre-dinner drinks was the Viking Crown Lounge. It was never crowded, many times just my husband and I and 5-6 other passengers. So, my question is after reading this thread is "Is the Viking Crown Lounge now only for special levels of crown and Anchor or is is only for suite guests or can anyone still enjoy sunsets and drinks there?" Also, am I understanding on Freedom of the Seas there is a concierge lounge that as a suite guest I will be able to use and still another "special" lounge for higher crown and anchor levels?

I am a little confused... I am only a poor Gold in Crown and Anchor but am taking my first cruise in a suite on Freedom of the Seas this spring. I have been on Oasis twice and our favorite spot for pre-dinner drinks was the Viking Crown Lounge. It was never crowded, many times just my husband and I and 5-6 other passengers. So, my question is after reading this thread is "Is the Viking Crown Lounge now only for special levels of crown and Anchor or is is only for suite guests or can anyone still enjoy sunsets and drinks there?" Also, am I understanding on Freedom of the Seas there is a concierge lounge that as a suite guest I will be able to use and still another "special" lounge for higher crown and anchor levels?

The title of the thread is about Oasis/class. Has nothing to do with freedom...............,at this time. The vcl on oasis is now the coastal kitchen/suite lounge for all gold card holders -for the exact thing you mentioned- it was never crowded or only 5/6 pax

Yes, a cl on freedom that suite guest can enjoy, don't know anything about a special lounge

Edited by setsail

Extra $25 balcony discount, better coupons, free behind the scenes tours, priority dining room preference, personalized amenity, priority seating in theater.

I believe the intent of the question was in regard to the evening cocktail hour. Right now, on Oasis, D+ members have lost out. Instead of sharing the CL with a small number of Pinnacles, it has now been opened to the massive number of Ds. Overcrowding has to be the result.

As I said earlier in the thread, this scenario is very unlikely to be extended fleet wide. Closing D Lounges and moving Ds in with D+ will be unworkable.

I believe the intent of the question was in regard to the evening cocktail hour. Right now, on Oasis, D+ members have lost out. Instead of sharing the CL with a small number of Pinnacles, it has now been opened to the massive number of Ds. Overcrowding has to be the result.

As I said earlier in the thread, this scenario is very unlikely to be extended fleet wide. Closing D Lounges and moving Ds in with D+ will be unworkable.

Not sure what a + has lost out on, but the cl was also open to full suite guest and there were around 80 full suites, at 2 per='s 160 pax and your small # of p's + all the +'s:p. Of course there are around 18 bars on oasis, some in lounges with very nice seating, perfect for the loaded coupon

I agree, don't think d lounges will be closed in mass

Excuse my ignorance...I have not been keeping up with the Oasis changes. What's in the spot of the old D Lounge? :confused:

The old diamond lounge was converted to inside staterooms on the hallway side. The diamond lounge was temporarily moved into a new space on deck 4 that had been carved out of the dining room. The diamond lounge was then moved to the old concierge lounge on Deck 11 and the dining room space returned to MDR.

The concierge lounge was moved from deck 11 to a space carved out of the old Viking Crown lounge. The concierge lounge is now for gold card holders only (suite and pinnacle -- and pinnacle I'm not entirely sure about). D+ members have to use the diamond lounge on deck 11.

Excuse my ignorance...I have not been keeping up with the Oasis changes. What's in the spot of the old D Lounge? :confused:

It depends on which "old" D Lounge you are talking about.

The original D Lounge that was on deck 6 and overlooked the Royal Promenade was converted into inside staterooms.

A new D Lounge was built on deck 4 next to the MDR and had oceanviews. However that "new" D Lounge is now gone and that space is now part of the MDR. The old 2-story Concierge Lounge is now the new, new D Lounge and is for D and D+.

Whew.

The old diamond lounge was converted to inside staterooms on the hallway side. The diamond lounge was temporarily moved into a new space on deck 4 that had been carved out of the dining room. The diamond lounge was then moved to the old concierge lounge on Deck 11 and the dining room space returned to MDR.

The concierge lounge was moved from deck 11 to a space carved out of the old Viking Crown lounge. The concierge lounge is now for gold card holders only (suite and pinnacle -- and pinnacle I'm not entirely sure about). D+ members have to use the diamond lounge on deck 11.

You beat me to the punch Tahqa.

And just to be clear, the old VCL is not called the Concierge Lounge. It is called the Suite Lounge and is for Pinnacles and guests in Grand Suites and above ( no junior suite guests).

You beat me to the punch Tahqa.

And just to be clear, the old VCL is not called the Concierge Lounge. It is called the Suite Lounge and is for Pinnacles and guests in Grand Suites and above ( no junior suite guests).

And that's why D+ aren't allowed in... it's not a 'concierge lounge', it's a 'suite lounge'. :rolleyes:

Have the cabins replacing the old dl been finished? I just looked on the deck plans and it still shows a blank space, but it does not say dl anymore

It doesn't look like they are. They're not showing up in the deck plans or as available for booking.

Presently on the OASIS of the SEAS and was also on the OASIS transatlantic

During the TA crossing the 'old' Diamond lounge deck 6 was not in use as they were converting to cabins.

New Diamond Lounge on deck 4 to the left of the entrance to Grande dining was open and was a very nice lounge. When the decision to postpone Dynamic Dining on OASIS the deck 4 lounge was closed and is part of the dining room once again.

So for this sailing as a D+ I am using the deck 11 former Concierge lounge which is now renamed with the same sign that had been outside the deck 4 Diamond Lounge. There is seating on deck 11 lounge and also you can use the upper deck 12 which used to be the location of Chef's Table. Lack of interest in this dining style has eliminated it from this ship according to the Concierge.

At one point deck 12 was to become Wonderland but that is not in the plans anymore.

The deck 11 Diamond Lounge is for D, D+, and Pinnacle and Pinnacle can also use the Suite lounge up on deck 17

Spoke with the Concierge Rami and if a guest is in a suite but not upper tier his gold card is programmed to allow him into the suite lounge only. If a guest is upper tier AND in a suite they can utilize both lounge areas.

The Feb 7 sailing I am on has 450 Diamond and Diamond Plus. It according to the Concierge crowded from 5 - 6 but we usually go about 6:30 and no problem getting seating at all. Hope snacks are served as before.

Continental breakfast is served in the morning in the deck 11 Diamond Lounge.

Some photos

10376135_10152700371491693_9010867755044668916_n.jpg?oh=83e021ef0b2c404686bf737bf634310b&oe=555A1ED6

10603780_10152700371711693_7107641382012626711_n.jpg?oh=a568a13c309d551bf639e0bd1c613d2e&oe=554E073E&__gda__=1435177563_b5e0145108ca4a7205ac4c91fcd5feb9

64370_10152700371761693_7136980057620282160_n.jpg?oh=d299a225f6d6ae417662f6939518146a&oe=55502834&__gda__=1431447561_dc554bc2669ffd86bbc3b5f0d0bd4fcc

1489019_10152700371856693_324627216563393384_n.jpg?oh=4b978ef1b5156faf6c2810860aede740&oe=554B0890&__gda__=1432523852_0101595857039626a71d73371efb29dc

This is the closed door of the deck 4 Diamond Lounge that was in use during the transatlantic sailing

1545794_10152700371946693_1277646554636970812_n.jpg?oh=1f143335c31188911b3e51a33a2fb1f7&oe=55581F2A&__gda__=1432208192_1d5c399ab3cbdb8eb285c80b3fc650ae

you can use the upper deck 12 which used to be the location of Chef's Table.

Aha!

Opening up Deck 12 certainly mitigates the crowding. Let's hope they leave it that way for the future. Taking away the Deck 12 option makes for a mighty crowded lounge with the addition of all the Diamonds.

Have the cabins replacing the old dl been finished? I just looked on the deck plans and it still shows a blank space, but it does not say dl anymore

It doesn't look like they are. They're not showing up in the deck plans or as available for booking.

Staterooms 6585, 6587, 6589, 6591, 6593 are the new inside staterooms where the original DL was.

And that's why D+ aren't allowed in... it's not a 'concierge lounge', it's a 'suite lounge'. :rolleyes:

Yup. I've seen in several threads people say that the CL is now where the VCL was. I didn't want D+ to go up to the Suite Liunge and get turned away.

All of these changes can get confusing.

We were there on Oasis last month and it was only crowded prior to 6 but even during that time there was still seating/empty tables on the second level. After 6 it was wide open.

Aha!

Opening up Deck 12 certainly mitigates the crowding. Let's hope they leave it that way for the future. Taking away the Deck 12 option makes for a mighty crowded lounge with the addition of all the Diamonds.

Sorry didn't see your second posting when I responded earlier. :o Guess I should read the whole message string first.

We were there on Oasis last month and it was only crowded prior to 6 but even during that time there was still seating/empty tables on the second level. After 6 it was wide open.

This is what we experienced as well. Last evening we arrived about 6:30 found seats on deck 11 and no one was upstairs like I said in a previous post we have 450 D & D+ on this sailing

Presently on the OASIS of the SEAS and was also on the OASIS transatlantic

During the TA crossing the 'old' Diamond lounge deck 6 was not in use as they were converting to cabins.

New Diamond Lounge on deck 4 to the left of the entrance to Grande dining was open and was a very nice lounge. When the decision to postpone Dynamic Dining on OASIS the deck 4 lounge was closed and is part of the dining room once again.

So for this sailing as a D+ I am using the deck 11 former Concierge lounge which is now renamed with the same sign that had been outside the deck 4 Diamond Lounge. There is seating on deck 11 lounge and also you can use the upper deck 12 which used to be the location of Chef's Table. Lack of interest in this dining style has eliminated it from this ship according to the Concierge.

At one point deck 12 was to become Wonderland but that is not in the plans anymore.

The deck 11 Diamond Lounge is for D, D+, and Pinnacle and Pinnacle can also use the Suite lounge up on deck 17

Spoke with the Concierge Rami and if a guest is in a suite but not upper tier his gold card is programmed to allow him into the suite lounge only. If a guest is upper tier AND in a suite they can utilize both lounge areas.

The Feb 7 sailing I am on has 450 Diamond and Diamond Plus. It according to the Concierge crowded from 5 - 6 but we usually go about 6:30 and no problem getting seating at all. Hope snacks are served as before.

Continental breakfast is served in the morning in the deck 11 Diamond Lounge.

Some photos

This is the closed door of the deck 4 Diamond Lounge that was in use during the transatlantic sailing

Thanks for posting this, I've been wondering what the final solution would be for the Oasis DL/CL. We're on her in October, so hopefully this is still the case then. I've been wanting to get to use that lounge since our Allure cruise a few years ago when we were still Diamond, so I'm glad to hear that it's still going to be available.

We always have early dining so we go to the lounge at 5pm.

Late seating people also go then & stay for hours ! If they would wait until 6pm, there would be enough room for everyone !

Early diners can only take advantage for 1 hour...that is fine...if only the late diners would do the same.

So with the combination of Diamond and Diamond+ on Oasis, are they commonly issuing drink coupons on the Sea Pass cards? We are new Diamonds and still trying to get a handle on what to expect.

Thanks, Pat

All ships are giving 3 drink vouchers per evening to all guests at Diamond level and above.