Concierge Lounge gone from Oasis

djjoe

I can just picture the D nomads now...wandering the ships, coupon cards in hand...;)

Now that is a very snobby response. We will be Diamond after one more cruise and had been looking forward to the perks. We "nomads" will be sure to spend very little time at the D and D+ lounge....you know get our drinks and leave so that you don't have to look down on us for very long.

We always have early dining so we go to the lounge at 5pm.

Late seating people also go then & stay for hours ! If they would wait until 6pm, there would be enough room for everyone !

Early diners can only take advantage for 1 hour...that is fine...if only the late diners would do the same.

My guess is that many early dining folks come to the lounge both before AND after dinner.

Late seating people also go then & stay for hours ! If they would wait until 6pm, there would be enough room for everyone !

Early diners can only take advantage for 1 hour...that is fine...if only the late diners would do the same.

We had early dining on the Allure and we would hit the lounge after dinner around 7:30-7:45 pm and it was always dead, so this is an option also.

Now that is a very snobby response. We will be Diamond after one more cruise and had been looking forward to the perks. We "nomads" will be sure to spend very little time at the D and D+ lounge....you know get our drinks and leave so that you don't have to look down on us for very long.

Not snobby at all. I was just postulating what the future could hold as the fleet re-adjusts to the increases in passengers in the top tier loyalty levels. If you feel that offering a potential future hypothesis somehow looks down on you, then perhaps you need to adjust your gaze just a bit:)

How would you know this unless your one of "those" folks that stay for hours!...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It depends on which "old" D Lounge you are talking about.

The original D Lounge that was on deck 6 and overlooked the Royal Promenade was converted into inside staterooms.

A new D Lounge was built on deck 4 next to the MDR and had oceanviews. However that "new" D Lounge is now gone and that space is now part of the MDR. The old 2-story Concierge Lounge is now the new, new D Lounge and is for D and D+.

Whew.

What happened to old old D club balcony

Presently on the OASIS of the SEAS and was also on the OASIS transatlantic

During the TA crossing the 'old' Diamond lounge deck 6 was not in use as they were converting to cabins.

New Diamond Lounge on deck 4 to the left of the entrance to Grande dining was open and was a very nice lounge. When the decision to postpone Dynamic Dining on OASIS the deck 4 lounge was closed and is part of the dining room once again.

So for this sailing as a D+ I am using the deck 11 former Concierge lounge which is now renamed with the same sign that had been outside the deck 4 Diamond Lounge. There is seating on deck 11 lounge and also you can use the upper deck 12 which used to be the location of Chef's Table. Lack of interest in this dining style has eliminated it from this ship according to the Concierge.

At one point deck 12 was to become Wonderland but that is not in the plans anymore.

The deck 11 Diamond Lounge is for D, D+, and Pinnacle and Pinnacle can also use the Suite lounge up on deck 17

Spoke with the Concierge Rami and if a guest is in a suite but not upper tier his gold card is programmed to allow him into the suite lounge only. If a guest is upper tier AND in a suite they can utilize both lounge areas.

The Feb 7 sailing I am on has 450 Diamond and Diamond Plus. It according to the Concierge crowded from 5 - 6 but we usually go about 6:30 and no problem getting seating at all. Hope snacks are served as before.

Continental breakfast is served in the morning in the deck 11 Diamond Lounge.

Some photos

10376135_10152700371491693_9010867755044668916_n.jpg?oh=83e021ef0b2c404686bf737bf634310b&oe=555A1ED6

10603780_10152700371711693_7107641382012626711_n.jpg?oh=a568a13c309d551bf639e0bd1c613d2e&oe=554E073E&__gda__=1435177563_b5e0145108ca4a7205ac4c91fcd5feb9

64370_10152700371761693_7136980057620282160_n.jpg?oh=d299a225f6d6ae417662f6939518146a&oe=55502834&__gda__=1431447561_dc554bc2669ffd86bbc3b5f0d0bd4fcc

1489019_10152700371856693_324627216563393384_n.jpg?oh=4b978ef1b5156faf6c2810860aede740&oe=554B0890&__gda__=1432523852_0101595857039626a71d73371efb29dc

This is the closed door of the deck 4 Diamond Lounge that was in use during the transatlantic sailing

1545794_10152700371946693_1277646554636970812_n.jpg?oh=1f143335c31188911b3e51a33a2fb1f7&oe=55581F2A&__gda__=1432208192_1d5c399ab3cbdb8eb285c80b3fc650ae

Thanks Emmy -- looks spacious enough. Chairs on upper level don''t look as comfortable but they look to be as comparable as those in the Card Rooms, which are used for overflow.

We had early dining on the Allure and we would hit the lounge after dinner around 7:30-7:45 pm and it was always dead, so this is an option also.

We like to go there before dinner for drinks & snacks.

we have wine with dinner and do not drink afterwards. also, would be to full to partake of their fabulous snacks.

we always sit at a large dining table & dinner does take quite awhile.Usually head out to a show right after that.

Presently on the OASIS of the SEAS and was also on the OASIS transatlantic

During the TA crossing the 'old' Diamond lounge deck 6 was not in use as they were converting to cabins.

New Diamond Lounge on deck 4 to the left of the entrance to Grande dining was open and was a very nice lounge. When the decision to postpone Dynamic Dining on OASIS the deck 4 lounge was closed and is part of the dining room once again.

So for this sailing as a D+ I am using the deck 11 former Concierge lounge which is now renamed with the same sign that had been outside the deck 4 Diamond Lounge. There is seating on deck 11 lounge and also you can use the upper deck 12 which used to be the location of Chef's Table. Lack of interest in this dining style has eliminated it from this ship according to the Concierge.

At one point deck 12 was to become Wonderland but that is not in the plans anymore.

The deck 11 Diamond Lounge is for D, D+, and Pinnacle and Pinnacle can also use the Suite lounge up on deck 17

Spoke with the Concierge Rami and if a guest is in a suite but not upper tier his gold card is programmed to allow him into the suite lounge only. If a guest is upper tier AND in a suite they can utilize both lounge areas.

The Feb 7 sailing I am on has 450 Diamond and Diamond Plus. It according to the Concierge crowded from 5 - 6 but we usually go about 6:30 and no problem getting seating at all. Hope snacks are served as before.

Continental breakfast is served in the morning in the deck 11 Diamond Lounge.

Some photos

10376135_10152700371491693_9010867755044668916_n.jpg?oh=83e021ef0b2c404686bf737bf634310b&oe=555A1ED6

10603780_10152700371711693_7107641382012626711_n.jpg?oh=a568a13c309d551bf639e0bd1c613d2e&oe=554E073E&__gda__=1435177563_b5e0145108ca4a7205ac4c91fcd5feb9

64370_10152700371761693_7136980057620282160_n.jpg?oh=d299a225f6d6ae417662f6939518146a&oe=55502834&__gda__=1431447561_dc554bc2669ffd86bbc3b5f0d0bd4fcc

1489019_10152700371856693_324627216563393384_n.jpg?oh=4b978ef1b5156faf6c2810860aede740&oe=554B0890&__gda__=1432523852_0101595857039626a71d73371efb29dc

This is the closed door of the deck 4 Diamond Lounge that was in use during the transatlantic sailing

1545794_10152700371946693_1277646554636970812_n.jpg?oh=1f143335c31188911b3e51a33a2fb1f7&oe=55581F2A&__gda__=1432208192_1d5c399ab3cbdb8eb285c80b3fc650ae

We will be in on the Oasis in December and hadn't expected to be able to use the former Concierge Lounge on Deck 11. We enjoyed the lunches here. Are the lunches still available?

Enjoy your cruise.

Kathy T

We will be in on the Oasis in December and hadn't expected to be able to use the former Concierge Lounge on Deck 11. We enjoyed the lunches here. Are the lunches still available?

Enjoy your cruise.

Kathy T

Sadly no, neither the hot breakfasts.:(

I do believe that RC wants out or to reduce the loyalty program They created a effective loyalty program that has went beyond their expectations. They now would prefer to use loyalty lounges/space/areas for profitable venues.

If RC would eliminate the loyalty lounges entirely I would sincerely miss talking and interacting with world travelers/cruisers learning more about traveling and new adventures for us. Going to a bar would not be the same.

I would hate to use other cruise lines at my age, but it might happen if the price is right and much of what i like on RCI ships is lost or changed radically.

After thought, they would no longer need an Concierge person, most likely eliminating another employee.

Edited by north29

Chairs on upper level don''t look as comfortable but they look to be as comparable as those in the Card Rooms, which are used for overflow.

The chairs look like they migrated down from Deck 17. When we were on Oasis in November, they were waiting for lounge type furniture to replace the tables and chairs in the lounge half of the big Suite Lounge/Coastal Kitchen space.

The chairs look like they migrated down from Deck 17. When we were on Oasis in November, they were waiting for lounge type furniture to replace the tables and chairs in the lounge half of the big Suite Lounge/Coastal Kitchen space.

I was thinking the same thing. They were awkward to sit in and eat a meal at the Costal Kitchen. Maybe the goal is to make them uncomfortable enough, to stop people from sitting in them for hours at a time. :)

I was thinking the same thing. They were awkward to sit in and eat a meal at the Costal Kitchen. Maybe the goal is to make them uncomfortable enough, to stop people from sitting in them for hours at a time. :)

I could not get into Suite lounge to check the furniture that was used on my TA sailing in October. It does appear to be the same chairs. They are indeed uncomfortable and they are similar to the ones used in some areas of American Icon. Those chairs are very difficult to move on the carpeting in American Icon

I do believe that RC wants out or to reduce the loyalty program They created a effective loyalty program that has went beyond their expectations. They now would prefer to use loyalty lounges/space/areas for profitable venues.

If RC would eliminate the loyalty lounges entirely I would sincerely miss talking and interacting with world travelers/cruisers learning more about traveling and new adventures for us. Going to a bar would not be the same.

I would hate to use other cruise lines at my age, but it might happen if the price is right and much of what i like on RCI ships is lost or changed radically.

After thought, they would no longer need an Concierge person, most likely eliminating another employee.

I happen to agree with you. We were on the Oasis in August and loved our cruise. We just got of the Oasis a week ago and not the same experience. I understand RCCL have every right to change their loyalty programs. However, it wouldn't hurt to have communicated so to their most loyal cruisers. We are treated no better than diamond at this point so what is the incentive to get to Diamond Plus? The lounge is now for both diamond and diamond +. The buy one get one free specialty dinner is not a perk on this ship as Oasis were offering 50% off for everyone the first evening.

You can flame away, but above is a fair statement.

I happen to agree with you. We were on the Oasis in August and loved our cruise. We just got of the Oasis a week ago and not the same experience. I understand RCCL have every right to change their loyalty programs. However, it wouldn't hurt to have communicated so to their most loyal cruisers. We are treated no better than diamond at this point so what is the incentive to get to Diamond Plus? The lounge is now for both diamond and diamond +. The buy one get one free specialty dinner is not a perk on this ship as Oasis were offering 50% off for everyone the first evening.

You can flame away, but above is a fair statement.

Perhaps the incentive is that you get to enjoy your cruises (or not) on the way to Diamond Plus. This entire thread is very amusing to me. The poor diamond plus guys must enjoy the same space they did before, but must do it now with lowly diamonds! What is life coming to?

Perhaps the incentive is that you get to enjoy your cruises (or not) on the way to Diamond Plus. This entire thread is very amusing to me. The poor diamond plus guys must enjoy the same space they did before, but must do it now with lowly diamonds! What is life coming to?

I don't take this as "elitist", as I'm only platinum. If I have been a loyal cruiser, have spent "x" amount of my vacation dollars, with a company that had said loyalty program, I would anticipate the benefits that were important to me when I reached that said level. Now I hypothetically reached it, and now it's not a special moment or place for people of my cruising experience, but now open to others as well. I wouldn't begrudge the people per se, but the process of change.

If I was a stock holder, which I'm not, I'd have concern for not rewarding our loyal consumer base. Once the hard earned perks diminish, those loyal to cruising, will look elsewhere. They will still cruise, but are now more likely to look at different lines. Once one begins to look, great deals are out there and loyalty is lost. It doesn't make financial sense.

I could not get into Suite lounge to check the furniture that was used on my TA sailing in October. It does appear to be the same chairs. They are indeed uncomfortable and they are similar to the ones used in some areas of American Icon. Those chairs are very difficult to move on the carpeting in American Icon

Yes Emmy, that sounds about right. They were hard to slide on the carpet in the CK as well. I am neither short or tall, but I found that my feet almost dangled to the floor. My DW commented to something of the same idea, as she is a shorter than me.

One of the problems is that a loyalty program in the cruise industry takes participants literally years and years to move up in. This is not the local car wash that changes its policy of a 'free wash after ten paid washes'. In order to reach the upper levels of Diamond and up, a customer has paid an enormous amount of money, and invested large amounts of vacation time if still working.

We have only been cruising a short time - not quite five years. We have enjoyed the RCI product, and made a conscious decision to stay loyal to this brand in hopes of reaching the upper levels and the perks and benefits that go with them. So when things are changed to the program, it really does feel like the rug is being yanked from under us.

We will make Diamond Plus in 2016, and are looking forward to the extra perks. Sure hope that they are still there!

There are many of us who cruise just because we enjoy cruising and the rci product. While we also enjoy any perks offered we would not stop cruising if the loyalty program was scraped , its not about points, levels, or status

Agree

We love cruising, and for now RCI's product is what we enjoy.

(Have sailed, Cunard, Disney also).

Have always kept an open mind though.

Safe travels.

I happen to think the new DL in the old CL space looks quite nice. A significant upgrade in space from the old tiny DL overlooking the promenade. Granted I really enjoyed that little perch -- especially the decor and the opportunity to watch promenade activity from there, but I look forward to enjoying the new DL with the fabulous view of the Boardwalk.

That said, I agree with what others have said about a diminished motivation to achieve D+. I'll get there eventually, but I don't view it as much of a motivating factor anymore (I used to).